Shamo - The ATMGSin Miniguide

loctu1511
Vampiress
37 | 0
What do you think about CB set up. I'm considering about claw Loxis and boots Ithxis, the rest gear aiming for 50%cb and dex
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Semigloss wrote:
TgTalcon wrote:@manu I tested doom a little bit, but I don't see it being all that great, if you were going to try a doom set up, I'd recommend dual sawfish + atmg set over killing vector, you'll have higher magic dmg, but doom's pierce doesn't scale with + skills, only base level. The other issue is, just saccing so much damage to get so little, I think around lvl 63 doom was only 1.1k phys dmg, which compared to running a claw giving you like 8k phys just doesn't seem worth the investment to try it.

Hasn't it been mentioned several times that the added damage component of Doom doesn't work with ATMG? Or has that since been fixed.

I only recall 2 "issues" of skills' interactions with Doom:

1)Full damage conversion(i.e. stormblast) - doesn't proc Doom, unless you have Target Takes Additional Damage
2)Proccing Doom damage twice - with projectiles it only worked once, even if you had TTAD, though my memory is a bit fuzzy on this one.

Otherwise, as long as you're dealing WDM phys damage, it should work fine, so ATMG+Doom is a good combo.
TgTalcon
Pit Knight
108 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
@loctu you dont need high amounts of cb cause you hit so frequently you'll proc it all the time even on 10% chance, also cb doesnt affect bosses.

@Frytas I've had it confirmed that doom works with atmg, however even with extremely high levels, doom does practically nothing for phys damage and we dont get quite enough magic dmg to really get a lot of use out of the -35% or so magic res
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Awesome guide! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

Question, and I'm sorry if it is in the discussions:

Can you put a tier list of best MOs to put on your gear? I'm currently lvl 103 with all t4s (other than sawfish). Since we need 86 on FHR and FBR, would you want to put those MOs first on all gear?

Thanks!
AAlpha01
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
TgTalcon wrote: :?: @Tg :?:

On your endgame gear list, other than Crafted claw with ATMG, I am not seeing where to best get the oskill from. Can you clarify? Would you have the skill in your alt wep and switch to cast???

Also please correct me if I'm wrong, the most effective gear would have:
#1 Cast rate to breakpoint 152 or 163
#2 + to maximum damage
#3 life/Mana leach
#4 try to max block?
#5 anything else?

Lastly, still pretty new, this might be a dumb question, does +all skills add to oskill level?
Maphyr
Acid Prince
47 | 1
Thank you for the guide.

Will be trying this one out.

I noticed you're using Act 2 Shapeshifter for a merc in your Fautz video, is this considered the "best" synergy for this build? Assuming it's for the Bloodlust?
Tokkie
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Why i cant learn Pinnacle altough im alrdy lvl 31?

nvm didnt had a hard point in doom but item skill levels.
nazh202
Bone Archer
75 | 0
Thanks for the guide. I have a lv121 Maelstrom Sin with pretty decent gear. Although her dmg is quite ok, she's squishy and struggles in narrow Ubers like Judgement day where I don't have much space to run/position to dodge (or my playstyle isn't suitable to Assassin in general, I was only able to push the farthest with Melee barb and Paladin). Does this build have safer playstyle? And why don't you recommend
Shamo (Xis)
as a viable endgame weapon choice?
TgTalcon
Pit Knight
108 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
AAlpha01 wrote:
TgTalcon wrote: :?: @Tg :?:

On your endgame gear list, other than Crafted claw with ATMG, I am not seeing where to best get the oskill from. Can you clarify? Would you have the skill in your alt wep and switch to cast???

Also please correct me if I'm wrong, the most effective gear would have:
#1 Cast rate to breakpoint 152 or 163
#2 + to maximum damage
#3 life/Mana leach
#4 try to max block?
#5 anything else?

Lastly, still pretty new, this might be a dumb question, does +all skills add to oskill level?

All skills add to the oskill level, and the 2 piece assassin set
Battle Devices
Battle Devices
(Assassin Oskill Set)

Eye of Wisdom
Death Magnet

Set Bonus with complete set:
ATMG Sentry: +20 Magic Damage per Level
4% Chance to cast level 7 Thunder Hammer on Striking
+10 to ATMG Sentry
+40% to Summoned Minion Resistances

Grants ATMG oskill, it can also be crafted on claws/assassin shields. And yes, you want to push for capped faster cast rate firstly, 152 for claw 163 for other weapons. Then you want max damage, after that is life/mana leech for sure, and sadly you're not really gonna hit max block, I'm sitting around 60% so unless you get an insanely well crafted shield, just try to get as much block as you can. The last thing would be faster hit recovery, getting to 200% makes a massive difference.

nazh202 wrote:Thanks for the guide. I have a lv121 Maelstrom Sin with pretty decent gear. Although her dmg is quite ok, she's squishy and struggles in narrow Ubers like Judgement day where I don't have much space to run/position to dodge (or my playstyle isn't suitable to Assassin in general, I was only able to push the farthest with Melee barb and Paladin). Does this build have safer playstyle? And why don't you recommend
Shamo (Xis)
as a viable endgame weapon choice?

This build has a much safer playstyle than Maelstrom sin, because your atmg's have insane leech in comparison, so even though you're as squishy if not squishier than maelstrom, you can leech through most damage. For bosses like Judgement day, you can just place your atmg's and kite around, since they have a duration it isn't like you have to consistantly always be attacking to deal damage, so it gives you more breathing room.

As for why
Shamo (Xis)
isn't in here. Simply put, the item is absolute garbage and has no place being used over a 1 handed claw which has shadow dancer, you literally would be dealing less damage, and have less defensives running
Shamo (Xis)
nagi, vs a
Shark (Xis)
, or crafted claw, or the
Zular Khan's Tempest
Zular Khan's Tempest
Halberd (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 71 to 100
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 558
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Area Effect Attack
10% Chance to cast level 1 Stormpike on Striking
Broadside Cooldown Reduced by 2 seconds
-30% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(25 to 30) to Way of the Raven (Assassin Only)
+(25 to 30) to Way of the Gryphon (Assassin Only)
+(25 to 30) to Way of the Spider (Assassin Only)
+(25 to 30) to Way of the Phoenix (Assassin Only)
+(51 to 100) Life after each Kill
Socketed (6)
, a lot of runewords are simply not that great in comparison to other options sadly. Another massive downside to Shamo is, the weapon gives 80 IAS, while ATMG scales off Cast Speed. It also has a melee proc, vs on striking proc. I think if they wanted
Shamo (Xis)
to be an ATMG item, they would swap IAS to Cast, and provide it some sort of on striking proc. But even then I don't think it'd out do other options.

Maphyr wrote:Thank you for the guide.

Will be trying this one out.

I noticed you're using Act 2 Shapeshifter for a merc in your Fautz video, is this considered the "best" synergy for this build? Assuming it's for the Bloodlust?

Honestly, no. Act 2 Shapeshifter is useless for this build as you can get bloodlust on claws, or on
Shark (Xis)
I'm just way too lazy to go get a proper merc, I'd probably run either Act 5, or Act 3, I'd be interested in trying Act 1 for Dark Power as well, but I'm not really good with merc set ups, that's something I almost never invest in. Act 3 set up to crush necrobots would probably be the best one imo.
nazh202
Bone Archer
75 | 0
Thanks @TgTalcon for the reply. I just respec my Sin and tried ATMG, it feels more comfortable not to rely on constantly drinking potions anymore.