Harbinger Wolf Druid Full Guide [1.3]

mortimermcmire
Invader
8 | 0
but assuming I can just get all my charms on another character it works well? good duncrag / k3k farm? what item recommendations have changed with sigma?
marres
Imp
5 | 0
Tkorpi wrote:
marres wrote:
Schmombas wrote:anyone trying it in sigma right now?

First time im playing harbinger and it definitely works in sigma, although im getting some problems now with king koth and Buyard Cholik.
Before that was pretty much smooth sailing tho and i love the general fast playstyle with this build with the constant warping.

leveling in sigma with this build was breeze. problem came when you needed to get charms. you pretty much get one shotted if you dont have good enough gear as you lack damage early on. also like said wolf dont have any survaivability tool when playing against target it cannot kill as it relies on killing things to stay alive

Yeah thats exactly where im at now. Im hoping that as soon as im finished either one of these ubers that the worldstone key/symbiosis will help me do the other one. Or i grind to 120 so i can finally imbue my sacred great sword and craft me a nice one, maybe this will boost my damage enough. Literally found no rare sacred great sword and only one normal sacred great sword. Drop rates are really weird this season. Or do you have any other ideas? Im close to just respeccing to plague avatar and try to cheese them like that but im not sure if thats even gonna work and with the current droprate of belladonna (found literally 0 this season) this is a bit risky as well.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
marres wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:
marres wrote:

First time im playing harbinger and it definitely works in sigma, although im getting some problems now with king koth and Buyard Cholik.
Before that was pretty much smooth sailing tho and i love the general fast playstyle with this build with the constant warping.

leveling in sigma with this build was breeze. problem came when you needed to get charms. you pretty much get one shotted if you dont have good enough gear as you lack damage early on. also like said wolf dont have any survaivability tool when playing against target it cannot kill as it relies on killing things to stay alive

Yeah thats exactly where im at now. Im hoping that as soon as im finished either one of these ubers that the worldstone key/symbiosis will help me do the other one. Or i grind to 120 so i can finally imbue my sacred great sword and craft me a nice one, maybe this will boost my damage enough. Literally found no rare sacred great sword and only one normal sacred great sword. Drop rates are really weird this season. Or do you have any other ideas? Im close to just respeccing to plague avatar and try to cheese them like that but im not sure if thats even gonna work and with the current droprate of belladonna (found literally 0 this season) this is a bit risky as well.

yep. i leveled up as wolf then i had to do charms as elemental druid as nothing else didnt work. also used all reset + like 2 belladonna's to figure this out -.-
marres
Imp
5 | 0
Tkorpi wrote:
marres wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:
marres wrote:

yep. i leveled up as wolf then i had to do charms as elemental druid as nothing else didnt work. also used all reset + like 2 belladonna's to figure this out -.-

I just wasted a reset as well, shift-clicked everything into energy (-: What build did you go exactly, just max elemental?
Neyhanis
Balrog
122 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
hey there few questions for wolfies out there : is it worth it getting mana leech/mana on attack to sustain harb, or should i just use the claw for big regen once in a while ? also, can i get better conversion on harbinger then 75% to magic? (i mean do more points reduce conversion even further? ^^ ) and lastly, if anyone knows : wolf converts mana regen into mana drain. so what about negative mana regen (example hellmouth gloves -50%), does that becomes negative drain = lower drain or even regen ?
gimo402
Fallen
1 | 0
currently farming tran and kurtaz with this build in budget self-found/crafted gear with 250MF and have hit all breakpoints with ease very good build thanks!
Xunametra
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Speaking as a complete newb to median xl, let alone sigma, how on earth do you level as a wolf? Single target for the first x levels?

The blink strike thing does aoe but it seems really lackluster, am I missing something?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Xunametra wrote:Speaking as a complete newb to median xl, let alone sigma, how on earth do you level as a wolf? Single target for the first x levels?

The blink strike thing does aoe but it seems really lackluster, am I missing something?

hard to say do you miss something as you're not telling me anything ^^ you should have 2h sword. damage to harbinger (that blink strike) comes from weapon :)
Xunametra
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Tkorpi wrote:
Xunametra wrote:Speaking as a complete newb to median xl, let alone sigma, how on earth do you level as a wolf? Single target for the first x levels?

hard to say do you miss something as you're not telling me anything ^^ you should have 2h sword. damage to harbinger (that blink strike) comes from weapon :)

I guess I mean, did you level just with harbinger from as soon as you get it, and did you use it to kill aoe packs?

Maybe I just have to get much better gear even from the outset, im talking about even early levels. I would harbinger only a pack only to see them take maybe 1/3rd of their life or something...

Im really just talking about the super early levels, I was just trying out many different things. Wolf was something I was keen to try but my early experiences weren't promising! Guess ill give it another go with a bit more gear now that I have some.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Xunametra wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:

I guess I mean, did you level just with harbinger from as soon as you get it, and did you use it to kill aoe packs?

Maybe I just have to get much better gear even from the outset, im talking about even early levels. I would harbinger only a pack only to see them take maybe 1/3rd of their life or something...

Im really just talking about the super early levels, I was just trying out many different things. Wolf was something I was keen to try but my early experiences weren't promising! Guess ill give it another go with a bit more gear now that I have some.

Harbinger aint anything OP skill, it takes gear to do damage and 10 base level points on it to remove cooldown. early you should just focus on getting big enough 2h sword to do damage with harbinger :P