Scorpion Blade Assassin

TipsyRain
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I thought Scorpion Blade was supposed to do 100% weapon damage from patch notes but the tooltip says 50%. Anyone have an idea on this??
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
TipsyRain wrote:I thought Scorpion Blade was supposed to do 100% weapon damage from patch notes but the tooltip says 50%. Anyone have an idea on this??

Most likely the tooltip is right, but this is irrelevant as you wont have any meaningful physical damage.
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
rngbeast wrote:
Captcha wrote:What I don't understand is how you can do Duncraig easily if the build is as squishy as you say.

Those barrels are really hard to spot 100% of the time, so aren't they going to get you - probably quite often?

These barrels used to 1shot all builds, but the short answer is - don't get hit. I think op explained it already, you have high movespeed and blink, so it's up to you to avoid damage. This build is not for everyone, but some people enjoy this glasscannon style of play.

MeatSlinger3000 wrote:Got this build to Act 2 normal & rerolled due to how unenjoyable it was.

Come on man, you're playing the first level of tutorial and saying this build sucks. Revisit it later, when you have some gear, it will be completely different.

I didn't say it sucked, I said it was unenjoyable; as in unenjoyable for me. My trash very well could be someone else's treasure.

With that being said, my issue was the combination of Very High Mana Cost + Subpar Damage + DoT (Using the twink gear listed in the guide).
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:Got this build to Act 2 normal & rerolled due to how unenjoyable it was.

This comment is meaningless. If you don't enjoy the playstyle that's fine, but you are adding absolutely nothing here. It's the same thing as going on a guide for a summoner and saying "hurr durr, takes too long to summon dudes, not fun at all 0/10"

Captcha wrote:What I don't understand is how you can do Duncraig easily if the build is as squishy as you say.

Those barrels are really hard to spot 100% of the time, so aren't they going to get you - probably quite often?

Survivability comes from mobility. Although, if you are even in the same screen as a barrel explosion, you are playing too slow. You should never be in position to be hit by a barrel. Even if you can't see them, where barrels come from and land relative to mob positions is easily identifiable with a bit of practice. With mid game gear, I'm able to to do Duncraig deathless in under five minutes consistently. Assassin does have natural *tankiness* with avoid and PDR/MDR, but ideally you should never be putting your self in a position where you need to survive an avoid check.

I had no issues leveling at all with mana cost. Points in meditation and Energy were enough to easily carry me through. If you truly think the damage is subpar, welcome to playing something that isn't overtuned. DoTs are fine, but it sounds to me like you weren't letting the *over time* part of the damage take its effect.
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
CallMeCrazySam wrote:

This comment is meaningless. If you don't enjoy the playstyle that's fine, but you are adding absolutely nothing here. It's the same thing as going on a guide for a summoner and saying "hurr durr, takes too long to summon dudes, not fun at all 0/10"

Survivability comes from mobility. Although, if you are even in the same screen as a barrel explosion, you are playing too slow. You should never be in position to be hit by a barrel. Even if you can't see them, where barrels come from and land relative to mob positions is easily identifiable with a bit of practice. With mid game gear, I'm able to to do Duncraig deathless in under five minutes consistently. Assassin does have natural *tankiness* with avoid and PDR/MDR, but ideally you should never be putting your self in a position where you need to survive an avoid check.

I had no issues leveling at all with mana cost. Points in meditation and Energy were enough to easily carry me through. If you truly think the damage is subpar, welcome to playing something that isn't overtuned. DoTs are fine, but it sounds to me like you weren't letting the *over time* part of the damage take its effect.

I think you're just having a hard time coping with the idea of someone not liking something that you enjoy.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:
I think you're just having a hard time coping with the idea of someone not liking something that you enjoy.

So far you've given up with this and with totems. What's next?
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:

So far you've given up with this and with totems. What's next?

I'm still actively playing Totem Necro this very second. You're so angry about me not liking your build that you're making shit up, lmao. Calm down.
Rhinoserious
Skeleton
2 | 0
What do you fill sockets with while leveling and in the endgame? Topaz for energy?
Based
Acid Prince
48 | 1
Rhinoserious wrote:What do you fill sockets with while leveling and in the endgame? Topaz for energy?

2nding this question
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Not topaz, thats a terrible way to scale your dmg, as you will easily hit ~2k energy, which is the sweet spot for synergy, and even if you dont have 2, but alredy have like 1.5k+, its better to just use crafted jewels with poison spell dmg and spell focus.