[Sigma 1.0.2] XBow Necromancer by Jaxon

Share your videos and screenshots
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
johnolesen wrote:Can you explain a noob why i need a staff I dont get it?

The Shamanka SU is a staff that has the Bloodlust Oskill. It boosts your physical and elemental damage. That's it's only purpose.
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Macentar wrote:What do you recommend for Orbs/Sockets?

Sockets: Go with Ber crafts until you feel you have a good LL and ML else i would go with Tir crafts for MF. Other stats I am always aiming for are 2% str and 40+ life. Whatever is on top of that is super nice. Endgame you might not really need Ber crafts at all or only a very few. It strongly depends on how it feels for you.

Orbs: Weapon: ED/Max Damage/AR (if you are playing without Ignore targets defense) is good.
everything else: Whatever you like, really. Max out your ele resis, get to your FHR cap, MF is always a good choice.

I could do all the ubers with quite crappy gear and the first Ber crafts i could get, because I am super lazy when it comes to crafting. But whenever you upgrade something, you will eventually kill faster, survive better or, speaking of MF, find more Uniques.
Vizzz
Skeleton
3 | 0
whats the point in spending that much points in talons hold since slow is capped at 25% for bosses in sigma? also whats the advantage for going trebuchet over stinger for rw/craft base?
SuperFly
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jaxon wrote:
SuperFly wrote:Hey great guide. I've been watching your videos and there is one thing. They said sigma supposed to be HC friendly - my thought coming from a guy who likes HC is wtf haha. Good stuff anyways mate!

Hey. The ubers in the videos are Hard/Very Hard ones. They are all doable in HC, but I would not recommend to do some of them like Startled Witch and Zorun Tzin. There are a lot less one-hit mechanics in Sigma. In comparison to the other versions this one is in fact more HC friendly! You do not need to get all the charms to be super good. My necro has a quite high survivability, which makes me think it could be a decent HC build, but there are safer builds to play HC.

You are right a lot less but a simple firelord A4 nightmare can one hit KO you while you have max ress + absorb nevermind ubers.

What would you say is doable on HC and what is not? Talking about normal HC oriented build not glass cannon frenzy kind of bowzon.
xXPPGGXx
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
old xbow guide was way better and stronger just use

Weapon: Hwanins Hwacha
Helm: Metalhead
Armor: Strengh beyond Strengh
Gloves: Demonic Touch
Belt: Black Void
Boots: Knights Grace
Rings: 2x Nebelring
Amulet: Beads of Snake queen/king

Socket Weapon with Jah/Xis rest with Ber crafted jewels

Smax Embalmig
Smax Death Ward
Smax Dragonfire Oil
Smax Widowmaker
1pt in shadows
Rest in Talons hold

And before u cleared ur first necrobot this build allready cleared fauzt p8
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Vizzz wrote:whats the point in spending that much points in talons hold since slow is capped at 25% for bosses in sigma? also whats the advantage for going trebuchet over stinger for rw/craft base?

If you are also farming regular mobs, the slow comes handy.

Between the xbows they have quite similar base damage and a little different attackspeed. You can reach your cap easily with both, so use whatever you like
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
SuperFly wrote:
Jaxon wrote:
SuperFly wrote:Hey great guide. I've been watching your videos and there is one thing. They said sigma supposed to be HC friendly - my thought coming from a guy who likes HC is wtf haha. Good stuff anyways mate!

Hey. The ubers in the videos are Hard/Very Hard ones. They are all doable in HC, but I would not recommend to do some of them like Startled Witch and Zorun Tzin. There are a lot less one-hit mechanics in Sigma. In comparison to the other versions this one is in fact more HC friendly! You do not need to get all the charms to be super good. My necro has a quite high survivability, which makes me think it could be a decent HC build, but there are safer builds to play HC.

You are right a lot less but a simple firelord A4 nightmare can one hit KO you while you have max ress + absorb nevermind ubers.

What would you say is doable on HC and what is not? Talking about normal HC oriented build not glass cannon frenzy kind of bowzon.

It strongly depends on your skill and if you know the mechanics. Theoretically you can do most of the ubers also in HC. Practically some are worse. I would not really want to go into detail in this thread about that. If you are new, I would suggest to play SC first. It is also a nice experience!
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
xXPPGGXx wrote:old xbow guide was way better and stronger just use

Weapon: Hwanins Hwacha
Helm: Metalhead
Armor: Strengh beyond Strengh
Gloves: Demonic Touch
Belt: Black Void
Boots: Knights Grace
Rings: 2x Nebelring
Amulet: Beads of Snake queen/king

Socket Weapon with Jah/Xis rest with Ber crafted jewels

Smax Embalmig
Smax Death Ward
Smax Dragonfire Oil
Smax Widowmaker
1pt in shadows
Rest in Talons hold

And before u cleared ur first necrobot this build allready cleared fauzt p8

Cool story bro. All of my items are self found (just bought a few Runestones/essences because I was too lazy to farm them). I wanted to try a build that is not using those mainstream fire procs on items that are as "cheap" as your suggestions. This is also not a guide, but a showcase about my very own build. Haters gonna hate.
If you dont mind, make a showcase with that gear. I would personally find it quite interesting.
matdoo
Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
What is that warp skill you used in video?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jaxon wrote:
Vizzz wrote:whats the point in spending that much points in talons hold since slow is capped at 25% for bosses in sigma? also whats the advantage for going trebuchet over stinger for rw/craft base?

If you are also farming regular mobs, the slow comes handy.

I would disagree simply because xbow nec is really strong and things die quickly enough that you never really need to worry about slow. I'd save yourself some points and put Talon's Hold to 25% slow just to cap for bosses and to pick up some easy reanimates and spend them elsewhere. Also depends on gear, if you've already got slow target on other pieces, just 1pt for reanimates, etc.

Also for that matter, I'm not sure Aether really does much for you. I think there are some cheaper options than a xis rw to supplement what you have going on. Shouldn't matter all that much since xbow nec is pretty easy through teganze, but these are my opinions.

Otherwise, thumbs up for doing shit your own way.