Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Physical Rogue video posted.

Didn't know what to expect, but I had fun with this one.

And thus concludes the Ranger preliminaries (I think). She's proven she can handle country livin', but what about life in the big city? Will the hustle and bustle of Fauztinville prove too much, even for this steely-nerved Eastgate Sister? Stay tuned to find out (after I do a bit of farming/gear tweaking, that is).

Heathen wrote:I had a Ranger merc which stacked Spike Nova procs, and had some ridiculous full screen clearing speed. Great proc for her, especially since her Uber skill grants her Spike Novas. I would definitely recommend a similar build for physical Rogue.

I tried going that route with this setup, but all the gear I had with Spike Nova procs required her to get hit, damaged, or attacked before they would trigger. And she bounces around so much, the only time that seemed to happen was when she wandered off and got surrounded. Then she died. I probably just wasn't using her right, tho.

Heathen wrote:I love The Ranger merc, and feels she ultimately has higher potential than Priestess, but if you could theorycraft up a build for Priestess and make a video, I would be incredibly intrigued.

I can certainly give it a shot. :)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:
Heathen wrote:I had a Ranger merc which stacked Spike Nova procs, and had some ridiculous full screen clearing speed. Great proc for her, especially since her Uber skill grants her Spike Novas. I would definitely recommend a similar build for physical Rogue.

I tried going that route with this setup, but all the gear I had with Spike Nova procs required her to get hit, damaged, or attacked before they would trigger. And she bounces around so much, the only time that seemed to happen was when she wandered off and got surrounded. Then she died. I probably just wasn't using her right, tho.

You can get 15 (or 16?) % chance to cast it on kill with crafted weapons. Though, to be honest, I'm not sure if it spawns on bows or not. I know shower of rocks does.

Edit:
Cat's Pounce
could be nice here, though the cascade proc only shoots like 8 arrows or something, it'll help put out more physical. I think spike nova would be more beneficial on the bow after watching the vid, though, cause it would reach a few screens away pretty quickly and lure more cows into the showers.

Edit 2:
Dear Esther
:mrgreen:

Edit 3: Sadly, she can't use
Ghoul's Soul
, but that'd be a fun one to watch.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I don't remember the build very well, but the Spike Novas were certainly On-Kill or On-Striking. When struck doesn't sound effective at all. And yeah the build works, but I think it needs tweaked. More than half those rocks miss, and stacking damage on her initial hit won't be as effective as various procs. Good video though, I look forward to watching these.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Poison Rogue in Fauzt video posted.

Was hoping to have all the gear I wanted before beginning these, but farming the last few evenings yielded little results (y u do me liek dis, Duncraig?), so screw it. IDK how interesting these Fauzt videos will be. This one was pretty slow going, so I decided to limit the field to just clearing the way to Alpha in as reasonable a time as possible. No one wants to sit through 45 minutes of a Rogue shooting things while a Sorc spams Ice Elementals, amirite?
UncleGrimjerk
Monkey King
268 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I've always wondered if the A2 merc being able to wield javalins and the A5 merc being able to wield 1 handed swords were bugs or intended features. It's too bad the Rogue is limited to generic bows.

Besides I think the Paladin should be rebalanced.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You can get spike nova proc from
Hive

Hive
Bows

'BerBerIst'
Runeword Level: 78
15% Chance to cast level 6 Spike Nova on Kill
20% Attack Speed
+(20 to 40) to Maximum Damage
Adds 300-450 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
+(100 to 120)% Enhanced Damage
(5 to 10)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slow Target 20%
+1 Life Regenerated per Second (Based on Character Level)
+200 to Life
10% Magic Find
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Oh when your merc does better than my actual character. Granted I've only been playing for 3 weeks now so I am very noob.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
adamo68 wrote:Oh when your merc does better than my actual character. Granted I've only been playing for 3 weeks now so I am very noob.

Lol. I know what you mean. That Cold setup clears D-Cows faster than my Sorc alone can. It's sad, really. :lol:

I wanted to keep going with this, but the ridiculous amount of lag in Fauzt made the videos a pain to record and boring to watch.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I hope you continue this with other mercs, I enjoy these.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
adamo68 wrote:Oh when your merc does better than my actual character. Granted I've only been playing for 3 weeks now so I am very noob.

Don't worry. In this sense he's cheating. He uses Firedance (sorc fire tree) skill to boost the procs. I don't know for sure how much +% to elemental damages he has, but i guess it's about 200% at least.

I doubt that the merc alone without any boost from the character itself would be able to kill dcows that easily.

And btw Solfege. How much defense does your sorc have? She rarely ever gets hit :O

Oh and 1 more thing: Did you try out priestres merc as well? I always used priestress in the very early game because her clear speed is much better than ranger merc from lvl 7 to 22 because of the multi-hitting ability.