Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Syphery wrote:
Ekital wrote:
Syphery wrote:so youre basically telling me paly is better than zon for lazy ppl who dont wanna bother optimizing their character properly? cuz no endgame character ever has actual issues with requirements or breakpoints at all and i wouldnt call being able to stack 420 umos without caring bout requirements a strong point cuz there r barely people out there who actually put umos only on all their available slots, even in endgame. the only fair point i see here is the free phy res, which zon can obtain elsewhere instead of the tree.

No I'm saying that pally is better for 90% of the people out there. How are you reaching your 90% res caps, 50% phys res, ef cap, fhr,fcr breakpoints and 25k life without investing basically equivalent investment to 10 UMOs (60 TG x 10 ~= 600 TG worth of UMOs) on your gear as zon.

Let's be straight you're not being very honest here about the amount of TG/work you have to invest to reach that.

fhr gets capped by wild and free since dawn has the points, fcr gets coverd by the normal gear alone. res by dreamflange+golden chariot+gems alone, these items r literally almost for free even at the start of a ladder. phys res is pretty simple : u dont cap it, u have meatshields with a shitton of hp and fire absorb which is REALLY usefull for labs since a majority of the enemys consist of harpys

Okay so let's break this down:

FHR Capped by wild and free - Great this seems reasonable sure

FCR gets capped by normal gear alone - Dreamflange = 50%, Golden chariot = 0%, Gems for res capping/ghals from shield = 0%, Charms = 35% (+10% from trophy) where's the rest coming from?

I see about 85% here you will need another 78‬% from another source

EF gets capped by what? - Gems for res capping = 0, Dreamflange = 75, golden chariot = 90 EF (if using Ghals which is another lets say 10 TG each at start of season), Sleep charm = +50 and 5% bonus , Rest of charms = 80 EF

I see about 309.75‬ EF you will need at least another 250-300 EF to even hope to reach cap.

Resistances gets capped by what - Assuming you're running full resistances gems on other items you will receive a total of (20) sockets, if you have perfect kab charm and azmo charm your max res is 85%. That leaves you exactly (20) of those available gem slots of which you're losing a total of 60% spell damage and 300 EF.

Phys resistance doesn't get capped you even said so yourself.

Paladin doesn't have to worry about ANY of this basically. He only cares for the resistances which can be capped the same way that amazon caps it, replace dreamflange with hierodule and shield with Wheel of fortune. The difference being that Paladin gets to use his shield sockets for spell damage. A lot of your gear as amazon will have to sacrifice spell damage and other useful stats while Paladin does not. That is the difference, the investment time to get a slight advantage over Paladin is not worth it. Also as I said if you really want to push the character, Paladin will end up winning over amazon due to pure flexibility in gearing.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crash wrote:ok so what i've gathered from this thread is that a guy asked about rising dawn amazon specifically, ekital joined in saying "amazon is the worst choice" just because he prefers paladin and didn't actually want to assist the guy who originally asked about amazon, and now it's derailed into a silly argument between character classes and umo gaming.

for what it's worth in the silly argument, ekital when was the last time you took a rising dawn paladin through tier 14 and 15, or even left duncraig/fauzt with it? You would know the difference if you had actually done it. Can't just pick gear and math out of the docs and say, "yea, this one is better".

also, given that sov is something like 2-3x more spell damage than superbeast, amazon puts out more damage (sure, at 1 less frame cast), but now has the freedom to check other gear slots for resistances. Let's talk about freedom of gearing again.
Edited by Crash 3 years.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crash wrote:
Crash wrote:ok so what i've gathered from this thread is that a guy asked about rising dawn amazon specifically, ekital joined in saying "amazon is the worst choice" just because he prefers paladin and didn't actually want to assist the guy who originally asked about amazon, and now it's derailed into a silly argument between character classes and umo gaming.

for what it's worth in the silly argument, ekital when was the last time you took a rising dawn paladin through tier 14 and 15?

I don't bother with labs because I just don't think it's worth the investment time when Deimoss is basically impossible for 99.95% of builds.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ekital wrote:
Crash wrote:for what it's worth in the silly argument, ekital when was the last time you took a rising dawn paladin through tier 14 and 15?

I don't bother with labs because I just don't think it's worth the investment time when Deimoss is basically impossible for 99.95% of builds.

so your entire argument is 100% invalidated. good job.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crash wrote:
Ekital wrote:
Crash wrote:for what it's worth in the silly argument, ekital when was the last time you took a rising dawn paladin through tier 14 and 15?

so your entire argument is 100% invalidated. good job.

Not exactly. The flexibility of gearing still applies.

You can push the Paladin further and also convert it to do everything better as well: Mfing, bossing etc.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
go ahead and take your rising dawn paladin into t13+ and then please return here and say paladin is still better.
kg2cage
Cultist
22 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Zon's spirit of vengeance also works for the party, team up with a dawn pally, sin and fire sorcs for max utility.

But dawnzon with cheap gear TU scepter, TU boots, TU large shield, TU sash, Seal of Kharos rings, rare ammy, blessed honorific gloves. Hardest part is rolling rising dawn helm, pick up a few helms, Morion has least dex, and roll one with any shrine until you get rising dawn and then go from there.
Edited by kg2cage 3 years.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
What I gather, ignoring labs, it pretty much doesn't matter at all what character it gets built on. But if you want to lab, Zon is the best bet. Got it.

Close thread.
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge