Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
how does one even obtain scourges let alone tanky scourges if you're picking up rapture for free speedcaps
Encino
Cultist
21 | 14
Ekital wrote:
Syphery wrote:10-15k hp scourges dont even come close to 40-50k hp fire eles which r also really good against tanking fire stuff since they have fire absorb, tainted blood and stormlord dont provide SD, they give stats and Energy factor. guess what. ef can be capped without having either. superbeast has alot less SD than SoV provides. Zon gets over 140% bonus life from bloodzon tree + SoV, meaning zon reaches 25k hp while still being able to cap EF. Balance gives a good chunk of defense too. so i dont see where paladin exactly is better than zon on paper. but feel free to enlighten me

Okay:

Free speedcaps - requires no gear to cap any of your breakpoints
    Free energyfactor - requires no gear to cap your EF
    Free stats - requires 0 stat investments to put on any gear
    Free 50% phys res - again 0 gear investment and you're capped.

What does that mean?
Literally you can go for a full UMO setup with 0 investment into anything else because you simply don't give a shit. You can run full Lodestone Nats/Lacunis etc because you don't give a shit about stat requirements/energy factor or capping any of your frames it's already done for you. You don't care about physical resist either because thats capped for you as well.

'Its a good build all I need is 69 UMOs'
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crash wrote:how does one even obtain scourges let alone tanky scourges if you're picking up rapture for free speedcaps

Just go with Hoplites then.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Encino wrote:'Its a good build all I need is 69 UMOs'

Well he was saying for endgame crap.

Everything being free makes you busted for early-mid game anyway?
Syphery
Lava Lord
99 | 175
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Multiplayer Badge
Has won 3 multiplayer contests
Great Skill Badge
Highly trained Warrior
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ekital wrote:
Syphery wrote:10-15k hp scourges dont even come close to 40-50k hp fire eles which r also really good against tanking fire stuff since they have fire absorb, tainted blood and stormlord dont provide SD, they give stats and Energy factor. guess what. ef can be capped without having either. superbeast has alot less SD than SoV provides. Zon gets over 140% bonus life from bloodzon tree + SoV, meaning zon reaches 25k hp while still being able to cap EF. Balance gives a good chunk of defense too. so i dont see where paladin exactly is better than zon on paper. but feel free to enlighten me

Free speedcaps - requires no gear to cap any of your breakpoints
    Free energyfactor - requires no gear to cap your EF
    Free stats - requires 0 stat investments to put on any gear
    Free 50% phys res - again 0 gear investment and you're capped.

What does that mean?
Literally you can go for a full UMO setup with 0 investment into anything else because you simply don't give a shit. You can run full Lodestone Nats/Lacunis etc because you don't give a shit about stat requirements/energy factor or capping any of your frames it's already done for you. You don't care about physical resist either because thats capped for you as well.

so youre basically telling me paly is better than zon for lazy ppl who dont wanna bother optimizing their character properly? cuz no endgame character ever has actual issues with requirements or breakpoints at all and i wouldnt call being able to stack 420 umos without caring bout requirements a strong point cuz there r barely people out there who actually put umos only on all their available slots, even in endgame. the only fair point i see here is the free phy res, which zon can obtain elsewhere instead of the tree.
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ekital wrote:
Crash wrote:how does one even obtain scourges let alone tanky scourges if you're picking up rapture for free speedcaps

Just go with Hoplites then.

Hoplites without a single point in holy skills will die lie flies in lab, even with the supposedly "high chance to avoid" they have. Not to mention you only get 5 of them. Paladin summons really can't compare to Elementals when it comes to pure tankiness.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Syphery wrote:so youre basically telling me paly is better than zon for lazy ppl who dont wanna bother optimizing their character properly? cuz no endgame character ever has actual issues with requirements or breakpoints at all and i wouldnt call being able to stack 420 umos without caring bout requirements a strong point cuz there r barely people out there who actually put umos only on all their available slots, even in endgame. the only fair point i see here is the free phy res, which zon can obtain elsewhere instead of the tree.

No I'm saying that pally is better for 90% of the people out there. How are you reaching your 90% res caps, 50% phys res, ef cap, fhr,fcr breakpoints and 25k life without investing basically equivalent investment to 10 UMOs (60 TG x 10 ~= 600 TG worth of UMOs) on your gear as zon.

Let's be straight you're not being very honest here about the amount of TG/work you have to invest to reach that.
Syphery
Lava Lord
99 | 175
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Multiplayer Badge
Has won 3 multiplayer contests
Great Skill Badge
Highly trained Warrior
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ekital wrote:
Syphery wrote:so youre basically telling me paly is better than zon for lazy ppl who dont wanna bother optimizing their character properly? cuz no endgame character ever has actual issues with requirements or breakpoints at all and i wouldnt call being able to stack 420 umos without caring bout requirements a strong point cuz there r barely people out there who actually put umos only on all their available slots, even in endgame. the only fair point i see here is the free phy res, which zon can obtain elsewhere instead of the tree.

No I'm saying that pally is better for 90% of the people out there. How are you reaching your 90% res caps, 50% phys res, ef cap, fhr,fcr breakpoints and 25k life without investing basically equivalent investment to 10 UMOs (60 TG x 10 ~= 600 TG worth of UMOs) on your gear as zon.

Let's be straight you're not being very honest here about the amount of TG/work you have to invest to reach that.

fhr gets capped by wild and free since dawn has the points, fcr gets coverd by the normal gear alone. res by dreamflange+golden chariot+gems alone, these items r literally almost for free even at the start of a ladder. phys res is pretty simple : u dont cap it, u have meatshields with a shitton of hp and fire absorb which is REALLY usefull for labs since a majority of the enemys consist of harpys
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ok so what i've gathered from this thread is that a guy asked about rising dawn amazon specifically, ekital joined in saying "amazon is the worst choice" just because he prefers paladin and didn't actually want to assist the guy who originally asked about amazon, and now it's derailed into a silly argument between character classes and umo gaming.
matdoo
Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
OP : :facepalm: