Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
i haven't tested the following (exploit) recently but there was a time when re-rolling the map with a fire shrine was ideal for reducing his life to half . if that still works , then the fight can go below 1 minute (that was the real record) . if someone has the time and patience to re-roll the map , may test that .

let the gear in town , go to the proving grounds naked , open a TP in a safe area , summon near fire shrine , activate the shrine , die , get the gear on from town , go back in the proving grounds and rape him .
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Well, that takes a lot of running, just to have one attempt with fire shrine.
And the point of challenge is not to die, so you'd have to just grab it and start running.
Personally I dislike the idea of rerunning map for the shrine, too time consuming. And it also makes whole fight lot easier, as you have enough room to be careless with your positioning.

You can go way below 1min with it though, because that 1min fire shrine run wasn't as perfect as the normal one. Ideally half hp run should take half the time.
Just keep in mind that back in the day, fear skill had no cooldown, now it has 0.2s which causes it to be locked for 5s after purify. It changes dynamics of sin doing this by quite a bit.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
indeed re-rolling the map is annoying and frustrating . the last time i did it in 1 minute was with an eagle/ wolf stance 60k hp barb about 2 years ago (hit and run) . i remember wasting a whole weekend just to do that :shock: . it took me 6 attempts , in the previous 5 i died 1 or 2 times and that ruined the job , so i had to start over with map re-rolls each time i failed ...

the tip with Banish is good , i haven't taken it into consideration untill now ; with it the fight might aswell go below 50 sec , depending on luck for first succesfull purify .