Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
As per request, here are some random videos of me trying to Holy Melee Paladin (emphasis on "trying"). Also, inb4 git gud fgt. I only made 3 for now since I just finished up A4 Destruction with him. Survivability hasn't been a huge problem up to this point, but HMP's damage output makes me sad, especially Divine Judgement.

Early Charms - Binding of Baal

Early Charms - Azmodan

Finishing Act 4 Destruction - Chaos Sanctuary + Diablo
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yea, Divine Judgment is pretty sad.. There's no reason it should be doing less damage as a single target skill than Retaliate as a crowd control/aoe damage skill.

Still nice video. Why did you choose Shadow influence over light (besides euphoria to boost Plague)?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I started with Light Influence. I just switched to Shadow Influence to see if Euphoria would increase killspeed of Plague and Glacial Novas.

Edit:
To expand, Hoplites were dying fairly quickly and they cost a lot of mana to constantly resummon, so I never even bothered with them after a certain point. And since I wasn't gonna use Hand of God b/c ridiculously slow attack speed, I figured I could get away with not having Rapture for awhile (though I do miss the extra speed).
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
thank you for vid :D

quite nice how retaliate keeps the monsters in azmodan uber at bay :D
zod shields oskill chrub strike could be good vs bosses as single target skill but it has some condition before it can be used iirc
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
NP. I did try Cherub Strike before. The missiles were just too slow and it's damage was pathetic. If it worked like Retaliate does with Solar Flare active, it might be worth considering, but sadly it doesn't.

Edit:
Ok, Imma give Cherub Strike another shot. It's certainly more useful during general gameplay than Divine Judgement. I'll try it in some A5 Ubers and against D-Baal.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Solfege wrote:Ok, Imma give Cherub Strike another shot. It's certainly more useful during general gameplay than Divine Judgement. I'll try it in some A5 Ubers and against D-Baal.

Good luck with that one! :D
Artagel
Jungle Hunter
25 | 5

If you didn't see this one earlier, it was the realm challenge to clear the 3 priestess rooms in 6 minutes using cherub strike - feel free to see how often the avatars actually deal damage and compare it to the EQ/thunderslam/sots procs. The skill is probably the worst median skill I ever tried to use (tied with divine judgment of course but I still think that skill was added as a practical joke) :l
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I can't see the red-on-black of an enemy's health bar (b/c blind), so I can never tell how much damage things do. What's so bad about Cherub Strike exactly? Is it b/c it's so slow or does it have huge ND or something?
Artagel
Jungle Hunter
25 | 5
It acquires targets and keeps firing at them, the projectiles are slow as hell and solar flare doesn't make them apply on hit like with retal so it only procs like old retal which as you can see in the video makes it behave like a normal attack in most cases.

This together with it looking like it has a weak ND means that you are effectively attacking monsters with normal attack and trying to clear with normal attack. :D
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Yeah, it was disappointing it didn't behave like Retaliate while Solar Flare was active. Couldn't you just use it as supplemental damage though? Like, use Retaliate as main and just throw out a Cherub Strike when you get hit. It has a huge seek range, doesn't it? Still seems like it would be more useful for general play than Divine Judgement.