Custom Diablo 2 Fonts by BLCKBLuRz

Share your videos and screenshots
Notnx
Skeleton
3 | 0
Notnx wrote:how do i make custom fonts work?
whenever i change "direct" to true in settings.json for median xl, font does change but some strange text appear everywhere....stats, item tooltips, etc.
this one https://ibb.co/0hzjtC9
i dont understand why oO

so apparently custom fonts did not like 1.14d version, switched to 1.13c and it works fine
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
acekard wrote:

Thanks man, that fixed it. Greatly appreciate!

BLCKBLuR wrote:No you will not get banned on TSW for using game.exe.

Glad to here that Game.exe is allowed to run
Kittinator
Skeleton
3 | 0
I have tried and tried and I still can't figure out how to get this going. I've done everything the directions tell me. When I go to open the game up, the font still stays the same. There needs to be youtube tutorials for dumb people like me xD
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kittinator wrote:I have tried and tried and I still can't figure out how to get this going. I've done everything the directions tell me. When I go to open the game up, the font still stays the same. There needs to be youtube tutorials for dumb people like me xD

I got this working today by doing the following:
Go to d2 install directory (Program Files (86)/Diablo II/) and create the new subdirectory, and put the 2 files in the “latin” folder.
Go back to main directory and make a shorrcut of Game.exe
Open the properties of the new shortcut. In the target field, add “ -direct” after everything else (No quotes / Outsise the existing quotes).
Now you can double click the shortcut and the fonts should load. To use the MXL launcher and have it work, you need to open the launcher and go to Settings, then in the bottom click Application Data- to go to the app settings directory. Find the json file, edit it and change Direct = false to Direct = true. Now, using the mxl launcher should also work.
noibo
Thunder Beetle
55 | 1
altoiddealer wrote:
Kittinator wrote:I have tried and tried and I still can't figure out how to get this going. I've done everything the directions tell me. When I go to open the game up, the font still stays the same. There needs to be youtube tutorials for dumb people like me xD

Go to d2 install directory (Program Files (86)/Diablo II/) and create the new subdirectory, and put the 2 files in the “latin” folder.
Open the properties of the new shortcut. In the target field, add “ -direct” after everything else (No quotes / Outsise the existing quotes).
Now you can double click the shortcut and the fonts should load. To use the MXL launcher and have it work, you need to open the launcher and go to Settings, then in the bottom click Application Data- to go to the app settings directory. Find the json file, edit it and change Direct = false to Direct = true. Now, using the mxl launcher should also work.

tyvm for an easy to understand explanation,it works! \o/ :)
Kittinator
Skeleton
3 | 0
altoiddealer wrote:

Thanks, I really appreciate this. I'll try and fix this up later when I get home from work.
BLCKBLuR
Dark Huntress
12 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
altoiddealer wrote:

These are the exact instructions I gave in the OP. But I am glad you could help someone understand ;]
Kittinator
Skeleton
3 | 0
BLCKBLuR wrote:
altoiddealer wrote:

These are the exact instructions I gave in the OP. But I am glad you could help someone understand ;]
well, there is no data folder in my D2 directory. So that's probably the issue I dont know. I'll make a folder and see what that does.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
I don't see any setting.json mentioned in the OP
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Indeed, I was also a bit puzzled by having to create the "data" folder along with all the other nested folders.

Modifying the .json file is only required to make the fonts work while using the MXL launcher.
This is pretty important info b/c I think everyone uses the launcher :P