Custom Diablo 2 Fonts by BLCKBLuRz

Share your videos and screenshots
Ethario
Rust Claw
82 | 4
Looks awesome hope I can use it for 2.0 the other one I tried crashed on a certain item.
BLCKBLuR
Dark Huntress
12 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Chance wrote:
BLCKBLuR wrote:Make a shortcut of game.exe, not diabloii.exe, and add -direct to the end of the target line. I dont know much about the troubleshooting, as I have not had any issues besides with having the edit the sizes etc.

I created a Game.exe shortcut, add -direct, but I still have a few things to work on:

1. Font (2nd one) works for Diabloii.exe, and Game.exe. But client still not having the same result. I tried both Median...exe and that exe with shortcut (+ -direct), but it still didn't work. I also made a data folder (with all the sub folder) and the font, in the Median XL folder, but still didn't work.
2. I can connect to TSW by running Game.exe (or Diabloii.exe), but I can run 3 game instances (or more). So, I think this might be illegal and get banned.

I honestly just started working on fonts, so to be honestly I am not sure how to help you. Also, you have always been able to open multiple client instances at the same time, by opening game.exe, but you DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS, as it is against ToS I believe. My font mods DO NOT require you to have more than one instance open at a time. TBH I am not sure why it is not working for you.
BLCKBLuR
Dark Huntress
12 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Crash wrote:
BLCKBLuR wrote:Thanks for the reply, I personally set the leading up this way because I enjoyed the way it looked. The letters are not all the same size either. But I will keep this in mind for my other fonts though! Maybe I can add width, while also heightening the lead a tiny bit.

P.S - If the leading is set too high and you look at an item such as that malthaels in OP, the font size gets tiny because it cannot fit all of the text on screen.

there's a chance too that the weight of the font was throwing me off. For example, I'm not huge on bold fonts, but the heavier weight in your Grotesk fonts seem to largely help the readability. although, idk if that will be effective for every font type.

a lot could also be my preference on the typeface itself. I tend to lean towards slightly more narrow sans fonts.

example:

Thank you so much for an informative reply! I definitely see what you mean about the width. I was actually going to make some narrow ones, but I am having trouble with the pixel alignment on D2, So I need to mess with alternate sizes etc, until I can makeone that works correctly.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
BLCKBLuR wrote:I honestly just started working on fonts, so to be honestly I am not sure how to help you. Also, you have always been able to open multiple client instances at the same time, by opening game.exe, but you DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS, as it is against ToS I believe. My font mods DO NOT require you to have more than one instance open at a time. TBH I am not sure why it is not working for you.

I have this in the errorLog (When opening client): "[2021-08-23 09:38:43] caught error getHash: TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined ||| outputHash: ||| filePath: D:\Diablo II\Game.exe |||". Can you give a try?

And I have a question: "Will I get banned if I play TSW on Game.exe?"
xismylove
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
English only?
Notnx
Skeleton
3 | 0
how do i make custom fonts work?
whenever i change "direct" to true in settings.json for median xl, font does change but some strange text appear everywhere....stats, item tooltips, etc.
this one https://ibb.co/0hzjtC9
i dont understand why oO
acekard
Acid Prince
49 | 4
Chance wrote:
BLCKBLuR wrote:Make a shortcut of game.exe, not diabloii.exe, and add -direct to the end of the target line. I dont know much about the troubleshooting, as I have not had any issues besides with having the edit the sizes etc.

I created a Game.exe shortcut, add -direct, but I still have a few things to work on:

1. Font (2nd one) works for Diabloii.exe, and Game.exe. But client still not having the same result. I tried both Median...exe and that exe with shortcut (+ -direct), but it still didn't work. I also made a data folder (with all the sub folder) and the font, in the Median XL folder, but still didn't work.
2. I can connect to TSW by running Game.exe (or Diabloii.exe), but I can run 3 game instances (or more). So, I think this might be illegal and get banned.

go to folder appdata/medianxl/launcher open settings.json file. and change direct from false to true. save it and make it read-only in properties. otherwise it's won't work.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
acekard wrote:

Only package.json. Appreciate your help!
acekard
Acid Prince
49 | 4
Chance wrote:
acekard wrote:

Only package.json. Appreciate your help!

you are looking at the wrong folder. check again what I wrote.
BLCKBLuR
Dark Huntress
12 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Chance wrote:
BLCKBLuR wrote:I honestly just started working on fonts, so to be honestly I am not sure how to help you. Also, you have always been able to open multiple client instances at the same time, by opening game.exe, but you DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS, as it is against ToS I believe. My font mods DO NOT require you to have more than one instance open at a time. TBH I am not sure why it is not working for you.

I have this in the errorLog (When opening client): "[2021-08-23 09:38:43] caught error getHash: TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined ||| outputHash: ||| filePath: D:\Diablo II\Game.exe |||". Can you give a try?

And I have a question: "Will I get banned if I play TSW on Game.exe?"

As I said, I jsut started making these, so honestly I am not sure how to help you. No you will not get banned on TSW for using game.exe. Just do not run multiple clients at the same time.

xismylove wrote:English only?

Yes English Only.

acekard wrote:
Chance wrote:

go to folder appdata/medianxl/launcher open settings.json file. and change direct from false to true. save it and make it read-only in properties. otherwise it's won't work.

I appreciate you helping out on this post. You do not HAVE to change anything in the Json to get it working on Median XL, though. That is just if you want to keep using the launcher. Which is fine. Jsut saying.