Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
After leveling a sin to 140, I mixed up toegether some physical things I found along the way, along with a Death Sentence shield, and things happened. Some might argue it's not budget since I have a Firedanse relic, but in the end I paid 90 tg in total to put this together so it works. (not including taha and sigs cost)
Char snapshot : https://tsw.vn.cz/char/snapshot.php?cha ... 1656964277

Clear video :

But you know, sam success in showcases always look good. It's nice rng with low worms number, nothing too hard happens, and of course, there's no ridiculous desync. I had this successful run after 5 fails. In thoses, some deaths were me playing bad, and others... I made a compilation, I'll let you judge how fun the boss sometimes is.

Samael is an amazing boss, it's very fun to attempt. It's my favorite boss, along with Kab I'd say. But dear god he's obnixious sometimes. Taha cost pretty much say "ssf not allowed" and feel bad even with the improved drop rate (I got 4 tahas myself while getting to 140, it's nice but wasn't enough). Worms being random is terrible but it wouldn't be too bad if the entry cost wasn't so high. But the desync... I know there's nothing around that, but I had almost no problems running any others ubers. The worst I had the whole season was small manageable rollbacks in ureh, but I attempt sam a bit and can make a compilation? bruh.

This set up is far from efficient or good for farming sam, as it was a struggle just to get a clear. There's many way to improve it though :
-Enldess pride would get more life and one more max res, freeing up some sockets. Or of course trophy set would be amazing, no doubt the best to use. The easiest upgrade however is getting a rare amulet with life, and a 2nd ripstar. There's no reason in having the jewelry I have instead of that, except that I had 1 ripstar only.
-Lifecrushers boots to have more life and res, again. Though wind runner has some damage and ar so it's an hard call.
-Claws with a better base, with some AR mo I did not think of using.
-More levels ; would get me more stonefist damage, more chance to hit, more everything.
-Get missing charms ; Sam, scosglen and labs
-Get missing trophies : Laz, kab, azmodan for exemple would have been real useful and not hard to get
-UMO gaming
-My body armor craft literally is the first thing with high life I found, there's no +sk or %attribute in it. Similarly, I didn't want to spent too many acs so jewels are the first usable things I got.

Kudo to my eth claw that isn't indestructilble and has 4 durability left during the clear video. But trust it's immortal.
Big kudos to Mortimer and Syphery for their help.
And another Kudo to marco for reducing vamp icon size, making death sentence, and other cool things.
Edited by Lynderika 1 year.
Syphery
Lava Lord
99 | 175
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Multiplayer Badge
Has won 3 multiplayer contests
Great Skill Badge
Highly trained Warrior
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
biggest sin
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I see Sam kill without using javazon, i click +1
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Good kill , shame on javzon players :mrgreen: :-D
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
morphed wrote:Good kill , shame on javzon players :mrgreen: :-D

stormy soon, you just wait and see. jav at bottom of list this time
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
I am absolutely in love with Batstrike sin this patch. Feels so good to use. I am glad to see that it can give some great results in endgame too, gives me hope and will to grind her :lol:
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crash wrote:
morphed wrote:Good kill , shame on javzon players :mrgreen: :-D

stormy soon, you just wait and see. jav at bottom of list this time

Probably not many people that know the game play javzon this patch it should still be the best sam killer .
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
After the clear I had one scroll left and decided to try it (don't mind the respec), here's another 2 death that could be added to the compilation :scratch:
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
The fight is already optimised for desynch a lot (slow boss speed, stationary adds, lots of the boss skills are exported to invisible stationary dummy monsters etc).

It feels more "desynchy" because:
1) the fight is more punishing as one of the ultimate bosses (i.e. you probably desynch exactly as much against Azmo but the consequences aren't nearly as drastic, hence less obvious)

2) you are playing in melee. Essentially what happens is that the boss AI moves Sam around randomly changing direction every certain number of frames. By namelocking the boss in melee you are right next to him so the two units collide and block each other's movement. Then we have D2's primitive network code where the client is allowed to disagree with the server on many important parameters such as movement vectors. So what happens is that due to latency a collision between the two units is registered on the server but 100ms later doesn't occur on the client because it is extrapolating the movement. Hence the player and boss positions become desynched which leads to funny business

No one wants to fix this issue more than us. It is greatly limiting the design space for the combat encounters (have you wondered why so many bosses are on generic, obstruction free arenas? It's not because our mapmaker is lazy).

If we knew how to fix d2's netcode to eliminate desynch we would instantly make it our number one priority. Keep in mind that it took PoE years to be able to solve this by having access to the game's source code and with multiple full time paid programmers. Neither of which are possible/affordable to us.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
suchbalance wrote:The fight is already optimised for desynch a lot (slow boss speed, stationary adds, lots of the boss skills are exported to invisible stationary dummy monsters etc).

It feels more "desynchy" because:
1) the fight is more punishing as one of the ultimate bosses (i.e. you probably desynch exactly as much against Azmo but the consequences aren't nearly as drastic, hence less obvious)

2) you are playing in melee. Essentially what happens is that the boss AI moves Sam around randomly changing direction every certain number of frames. By namelocking the boss in melee you are right next to him so the two units collide and block each other's movement. Then we have D2's primitive network code where the client is allowed to disagree with the server on many important parameters such as movement vectors. So what happens is that due to latency a collision between the two units is registered on the server but 100ms later doesn't occur on the client because it is extrapolating the movement. Hence the player and boss positions become desynched which leads to funny business

No one wants to fix this issue more than us. It is greatly limiting the design space for the combat encounters (have you wondered why so many bosses are on generic, obstruction free arenas? It's not because our mapmaker is lazy).

If we knew how to fix d2's netcode to eliminate desynch we would instantly make it our number one priority. Keep in mind that it took PoE years to be able to solve this by having access to the game's source code and with multiple full time paid programmers. Neither of which are possible/affordable to us.

It makes lots of sense then. I only played sam as ranged before, so this time I got surprised a lot. Feels like being melee triple or quadruple the count of happenings. I understand better now.