Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
midknight wrote:Personally I think adjudicator paladin would be a much stronger build early ladder compared to an azurewraith build and at a fraction of the cost.

That is right. But adjudicator pala is what u play before u can get ur hands on azure in the 2nd week of ladder :) .
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
huangyunshy wrote:Although your presentation and experience sharing is nice.
But Azure, one of the things I've always thought should be removed.
I think medianxl is starting to reduce the overall difficulty of the game
What attracts me to play medianxl is its high degree of difficulty and high operability. Instead of standing still and playing guessing games with T10 phoboss.
Also, if the Median xl team can see it, I'd like to suggest: It's up to the player to turn off TSW's gear display freely. Similar to the previously unviewable equipment of ladder players.

My vote here. I do agree that we need more endgame content difficulty. And players should be allowed to turn off/on their TSW as they wish.

Oh and ofc, I agree azure should be nerfed or removed. Or just like ppl mentioned above, nerf the drop rate of azure. But whatever, I dont care if it is nerfed or not, although I think it should.

Yes, yes, the big boss of the rice group is right.
RyougiShiki
Pit Knight
117 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
some ppl are just mixing deimoss 5 and deimoss 0, lol. also they ignore the success rate. if anyone try to farm lab they should know t10 stone is valuable and rare. every time fail with deimoss or even during the lab itself, it will be a great loss and need to do more work to do.

the high drop rate of azure makes the illusion that ppl are doing great for the end-game content. instead, if we look at deimoss 5 build for this season I think it will be horrible (although I as a normal player can't see this I think dev team can and should).

overall this is just a single player game with trading, there's no pvp or sth like moba game. the balance should never be the ultimate goal for the dev team, they should only interfere when the game become uncontrollable. if any reader of this post have played overwatch, plz think about the death of it. even in a pure pvp game it will be boring and dead, so in this pve mod of d2 the balance(mainly the nerf) is just unnecessary. we should have many more powerful endgame build.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RyougiShiki wrote:some ppl are just mixing deimoss 5 and deimoss 0, lol. also they ignore the success rate. if anyone try to farm lab they should know t10 stone is valuable and rare. every time fail with deimoss or even during the lab itself, it will be a great loss and need to do more work to do.

True. T10 stones are rare. The survivability and success rate of a build in lab are crucial for lab players.
Enigma
Heretic
409 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Enigma wrote:I tried GT this season, the damage is actually pretty similar surprisingly. UH loses ALOT of vitality; storm lord is much worse than dragons blessing and lionheart does 625 vit compared to tainted's 300ish. Even so, the damage is slightly higher in UH spec due to the extra attack frame on DJ/cherub at a tradeoff of a much worse phoboss matchup. GT felt similar to cherub on packs (range seemed poor and damage comparable even at Lvl 44 GT) and you get a huge defensive/survivability loss. It also struggled badly on phoboss in UHC/GT; DJ with more Loma and UHC would probably do well enough on phoboss though. If I hadnt decided to hang up the boots for the season I probably would have grabbed a DJ relic and carried bellas for respec into UHC + DJ for deimoss. As for speed in labs; clearing 10's in 20-30mins with cherub and great phoboss matchup is better than GT imo.

I get ur point. But I do feel 10-target GT(ofc fortress on) with 5fpa and 140% weapon damage is way better than 4-target Cherub with 6fpa and 110% weapon damage in clearing labs from my experience, even u lose the strong dragon blessing for a weak stormlord. It is very worth it, in my opinion. And once u get more than 30k hp, phoboss should never be a thing for azure bd, cause u just never die. But if u do feel GT and Cherub are similar in clearing speed, Cherub surely is better. But I feel they are not that similar, at least. And the life regen for UHC with tainted is just better than HMP, together in 5f form with Farnham UMO it is also better than 6f form, which makes u actually more tanky facing phoboss. For any builds, once u get over 30k+ hp and 96 cold res, the key for survial against phoboss is not hp amount anymore. It is ur hp regen speed.

Ofc there is a big defence/vit loss as u mentioned, but in UHC form with these much regen, I dont feel any survivability loss than HMP form, I even feel better survivability, with tainted, solitude and Farnham in 5fpa. But anyway, just play whatever u like, one just dont die with azure so whatever.
Btw, the only right way to use GT is together with fortress on, that's why I said that meant anthor 2 relics if GT than Cherub. Fortress doubles the targets and seek range. Without fortress, GT is weak and unusable.

I found I was dying to phoboss (9/10) a fair bit with GT, although, I hadn't minmaxed it yet; maybe with a few more UMO's it'd have been different. The higher HP pool of the Holy spec makes solitude procs and potions do more healing. I didn't do the math on the benefits of the higher pool vs the extra frame of attack causing more procs when I tried GT, I didn't like the playstyle as much and felt far squishier losing a ton of life, defense and melee dev.
I didn't try fortress relic tbh.

Survivability was my priority as it had very decent clear and boss killing speed as it is. If the goal was the fastest clear speed and I was willing to compromise survivability, i'd have gone GT. As it was, I was labbing in 2-4 player games with a Scorp sin and a GT barb, so our clear speed was very good as a team, being a tank was the best use for me because it meant games where others died, I could finish the run and get the riftstones+UMOs.
RyougiShiki
Pit Knight
117 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Enigma wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Enigma wrote:I tried GT this season, the damage is actually pretty similar surprisingly. UH loses ALOT of vitality; storm lord is much worse than dragons blessing and lionheart does 625 vit compared to tainted's 300ish. Even so, the damage is slightly higher in UH spec due to the extra attack frame on DJ/cherub at a tradeoff of a much worse phoboss matchup. GT felt similar to cherub on packs (range seemed poor and damage comparable even at Lvl 44 GT) and you get a huge defensive/survivability loss. It also struggled badly on phoboss in UHC/GT; DJ with more Loma and UHC would probably do well enough on phoboss though. If I hadnt decided to hang up the boots for the season I probably would have grabbed a DJ relic and carried bellas for respec into UHC + DJ for deimoss. As for speed in labs; clearing 10's in 20-30mins with cherub and great phoboss matchup is better than GT imo.

I get ur point. But I do feel 10-target GT(ofc fortress on) with 5fpa and 140% weapon damage is way better than 4-target Cherub with 6fpa and 110% weapon damage in clearing labs from my experience, even u lose the strong dragon blessing for a weak stormlord. It is very worth it, in my opinion. And once u get more than 30k hp, phoboss should never be a thing for azure bd, cause u just never die. But if u do feel GT and Cherub are similar in clearing speed, Cherub surely is better. But I feel they are not that similar, at least. And the life regen for UHC with tainted is just better than HMP, together in 5f form with Farnham UMO it is also better than 6f form, which makes u actually more tanky facing phoboss. For any builds, once u get over 30k+ hp and 96 cold res, the key for survial against phoboss is not hp amount anymore. It is ur hp regen speed.

Ofc there is a big defence/vit loss as u mentioned, but in UHC form with these much regen, I dont feel any survivability loss than HMP form, I even feel better survivability, with tainted, solitude and Farnham in 5fpa. But anyway, just play whatever u like, one just dont die with azure so whatever.
Btw, the only right way to use GT is together with fortress on, that's why I said that meant anthor 2 relics if GT than Cherub. Fortress doubles the targets and seek range. Without fortress, GT is weak and unusable.

I found I was dying to phoboss (9/10) a fair bit with GT, although, I hadn't minmaxed it yet; maybe with a few more UMO's it'd have been different. The higher HP pool of the Holy spec makes solitude procs and potions do more healing. I didn't do the math on the benefits of the higher pool vs the extra frame of attack causing more procs when I tried GT, I didn't like the playstyle as much and felt far squishier losing a ton of life, defense and melee dev.

Survivability was my priority as it had very decent clear and boss killing speed as it is. If the goal was the fastest clear speed and I was willing to compromise survivability, i'd have gone GT. As it was, I was labbing in 2-4 player games with a Scorp sin and a GT barb, so our clear speed was very good as a team, being a tank was the best use for me because it meant games where others died, I could finish the run and get the riftstones+UMOs.

in fact gt with packs of mobs gives you a higher survival no matter how large hp pool you have with holy path. the core is solitude umo. as for single target like phoboss, gt needs a single target relic skill. as for deimoss, strictly say it's not a single target thing, so gt performs much better due to the multiple hit if you stand in the very center of the map.

but overall, when other builds suffer from phoboss due to the lack of ice max res and hp pool, the azure build should never worry the survival for phoboss. even you can't brainless stand here and attack, you can still dodge a little bit. and in fact you can just stand here if you get enough umos.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Enigma wrote:I found I was dying to phoboss (9/10) a fair bit with GT, although, I hadn't minmaxed it yet; maybe with a few more UMO's it'd have been different. The higher HP pool of the Holy spec makes solitude procs and potions do more healing. I didn't do the math on the benefits of the higher pool vs the extra frame of attack causing more procs when I tried GT, I didn't like the playstyle as much and felt far squishier losing a ton of life, defense and melee dev.

Sure, just play the style u prefer and feel comfortable. Ppl have different favors. Having fun is the most. :)
TL0132
Prowler
18 | 1
Lol this topic last longer than i would thought. But yeah 1 vote for : Delete azure when
Nice showcase no offense but grazt, u just activate median cheatcode legitimately