+(31 to 50) Life after each Kill
and
Relic (Lava Pit)
Relic
(Random class Only)
Required Level: 75
Hungering Flames: +2% of Max Life healed per cast
+(32 to 48) to Lava Pit
also are nice single target skills to use, but Rain of Fire is the fire spell relic with the highest damage. It's issue is that the aoe is so small, any target moving by 2 milimeters won't be in the zone anymore. You see me rushing sapling guards in melee range, that's to prevent them the most possible to move because they tend to cast their stance/poison attack/etc when close.
Of course, ranged druids with RoF is very tiresome, so Brimstone + Banish is an amazing find. Without banish, rain of fire is far stronger, but with they even out.

It's a really well thought and constructed build, and quite fun to play.
To give a complaint, crafting a good claw is terribily tedious, and claw affix pool is overall to redo a bit (haha rain of bomb). And for claws as good as Mortimer's, not to mention 2 of them, well I wish anyone trying good luck.
RyougiShiki
Pit Knight
117 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
cool survival approach by cognition
PeterHatEater
Bone Archer
76 | 18
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Awesome build! The clear speed is incredible. It was nice seeing Riftwalker melt that quickly.

I was thinking - would it be worth maxing Psionic Storm instead of the other Cognition abilities? The reason for this would be to use it whenever hp drops rapidly, as it returns a % of maximum health. Just a thought but I suppose your main spell already has a similar mechanic.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Anonymous: wrote:So basically this is D2 wake of fire build. Going back to the roots, lol.

I was seriously thinking of giving a reference to clod Wake of fire in the Title of the Thread.
It def gives some nostalgic feelings while I enjoy the current spell more than the trap.

Arundel wrote:I was like "Finally a build that looks amazing! This is what I'll build to farm!"

Then I looked at your gear and relics :(

I can feel you. if you are ok with dunc and fauzt farming for the start it is totally fine to use 2
The Nutcracker
The Nutcracker
Katar (4)

One-Hand Damage: 4 to 6
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 1
Item Level: 1
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
20% Cast Speed
+(4 to 9)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(5 to 8)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(2 to 5) to Meteor Shower
Physical Resist 1%
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (1)
One-Hand Damage: 9 to 10
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 19
Required Dexterity: 14
Item Level: 31
30% Cast Speed
+(10 to 16)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(9 to 12)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(6 to 9) to Meteor Shower
Physical Resist 2%
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 13 to 14
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 37
Required Dexterity: 39
Item Level: 51
40% Cast Speed
+(17 to 23)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(13 to 16)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(10 to 13) to Meteor Shower
Physical Resist 3%
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 15 to 16
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 46
Required Dexterity: 83
Item Level: 77
50% Cast Speed
+(24 to 30)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(17 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(14 to 17) to Meteor Shower
Physical Resist 4%
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (3)
as weapons, a crafted Circlet with 3sk and maybe some innate fire pierce, a crafted Body Armor (2sk and good fasc rolls most important),
Iblis
Iblis
Gloves

'TyrSur'
Runeword Level: 90
+40 Spell Focus if Sanguine Covenant is Active
+10% Maximum Mana if Solar Flare is Active
+(37 to 42)% to Fire Spell Damage
(25 to 35)% to Energy
Regenerate Mana +(10 to 15)%
Fire Absorb 4%
+10 to Light Radius
and Honorific Boots and Belt.
as jewelry rares with all skill and fire exclusive sd/pierce.

felix0808 wrote:Cool idea, but i don't understand why you put lots of points in suriken and energize. I think energize only works with Psionic storm and you don't use suriken anyway

PeterHatEater wrote:
I was thinking - would it be worth maxing Psionic Storm instead of the other Cognition abilities? The reason for this would be to use it whenever hp drops rapidly, as it returns a % of maximum health. Just a thought but I suppose your main spell already has a similar mechanic.

As it was pointed out - I spent so many points in the psy tree to reach 100 cognition.
Having Bloodbath active all the time is not the only upside, you also get +100 max Stamina this way.
The heal of Phoenix Wave self cast is negligible compared to Bloodbath Laek when farming. When fighting bosses I actually use Psionic Storm for the occasional self heal but you only need points in Energize to max it out no base points in Psionic Storm itself.
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
These claws lol
how many thousand shrines did they consume?
High_Elf
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Hello, Thanks for sharing this build, albeit this build is based on relic to have, i think it's fun build to try if i have those relic
i have several question to ask for this build, maybe the OP of this @mortimer_85 or other if know for the answer:
1. How do you manage to get those ridiculous stat for your weapon/wrist blade? it has very huge Fire SD and Fire Pierce on both weapon, like @oztor ask above me how much shrine do you use?
2. are those weapon stats only from shrine craft? or any add of UMO and MO (if yes, please may i have the step or list for making those weapon not simillar but maybe close enough for those huge stat :) to have )
3. and same for the Boots what is the MO and UMO you use for it?
4. if i cant find those relic that you mention here and + like what @Lynderika said above about
Relic (Funeral Pyre)
Relic
(Random class Only)
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(21 to 36) to Funeral Pyre
and
Relic (Lava Pit)
Relic
(Random class Only)
+(32 to 48) to Lava Pit
, what is the good alternate to use

Thank's, i hope my english is good enough LOL
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
High_Elf wrote:Hello, Thanks for sharing this build, albeit this build is based on relic to have, i think it's fun build to try if i have those relic
i have several question to ask for this build, maybe the OP of this @mortimer_85 or other if know for the answer:
1. How do you manage to get those ridiculous stat for your weapon/wrist blade? it has very huge Fire SD and Fire Pierce on both weapon, like @oztor ask above me how much shrine do you use?
2. are those weapon stats only from shrine craft? or any add of UMO and MO (if yes, please may i have the step or list for making those weapon not simillar but maybe close enough for those huge stat :) to have )
4. if i cant find those relic that you mention here and + like what @Lynderika said above about
Relic (Funeral Pyre)
Relic
(Random class Only)
and
Relic (Lava Pit)
Relic
(Random class Only)
+(32 to 48) to Lava Pit

regarding the weapons, they are shrine crafted. Claws can roll up to 40% fire spell damage, add the shrine + bless bonus, 10% from MOs, 10% from oil of conjuration, and you could potentially get even more than that (over 100 theoretically). not to mention using UMOs like Demon Core, effigies, etc...

The problem is that the pool of affixes for claws is HUGE so it's incredibly hard to get those rolls
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Diaco wrote:
High_Elf wrote:Hello, Thanks for sharing this build, albeit this build is based on relic to have, i think it's fun build to try if i have those relic
Relic (Funeral Pyre)
Relic
(Random class Only)
and
Relic (Lava Pit)
Relic
(Random class Only)
+(32 to 48) to Lava Pit

regarding the weapons, they are shrine crafted. Claws can roll up to 40% fire spell damage, add the shrine + bless bonus, 10% from MOs, 10% from oil of conjuration, and you could potentially get even more than that (over 100 theoretically). not to mention using UMOs like Demon Core, effigies, etc...

The problem is that the pool of affixes for claws is HUGE so it's incredibly hard to get those rolls

There's no point in blessing claws for this particular build, as it will actually reduce the dmg output.
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I think you mean oil of conjugation will reduce phoenix wave damage. Although oil of conjugation should increase the other two single target attacks.
CaoBao
Bone Archer
72 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
oztor wrote:
Diaco wrote:
Relic (Funeral Pyre)
Relic
(Random class Only)
and
Relic (Lava Pit)
Relic
(Random class Only)
+(32 to 48) to Lava Pit

There's no point in blessing claws for this particular build, as it will actually reduce the dmg output.

Op meant SHRINE BLESS, which increases fire sd and pierce ONLY.