Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge

Intro

Ever since I was a young XVc player I dreamed of creating my own Storm Amazon Sorceress Druid Amazon. The idea of a caster Amazon always appealed to me, however I cannot stand the Blood tree because I get triggered by having to invest in a passive without great active uptime in the endgame. So once Marco announced that the Storm tree is due buffs in the next version I finally decided to give it a shot to see what the non-hype was about.

I levelled with the spec and it has been the only char I have played since the ladder reset. Truth be told it exceeded my expectations and turned out to be a pretty potent and fun character. Why fun? Because KABOOM.

So here is a showcase of what I think is the best way to make a viable Storm Amazon in the current Median XL version. It is a great time to pick up this spec, because if you enjoy the play style the upcoming buffs will make MXL 2016 that much sweeter for you.

Gameplay

Details

[spoil=Stats and skills]Stats:
  • Attributes: 50-100str for gear, rest in energy
  • Defensive: 11k life, 330k defence, 30% damage reduction, 89 max all res
  • Offensive: Stormcall damage is 34k - 34k physical & 0 - 63k lightning @ 6 casts per second. Spellbind debuffs enemy physical resistance by -50%

Skills:
  • Max: Stormcall, Asterism, Balance, Spirit of Vengeance
  • Some: 10 in Spellbind, 1 in War Spirit, leftovers in Defensive Harmony
  • Others: 1pt in all prerequisites, 0 in Magnetic Field

Stats sheet:
Image[/spoil]

[spoil=Gear]This is my midgame setup:

• Staff - The Creep Runeword
  • Helm -
    Bona Dea
    Bona Dea
    Amazon Helms

'TalPul'
    Runeword Level: 55
    40% Cast Speed
    0.5% to Lightning Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
    -(16 to 20)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
    0.5% to Cold Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
    -(16 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
    +(9 to 11) to Hailstorm
    +(9 to 11) to Electrobolt
    5% to Energy
    Lightning Resist +25%
    Cold Resist +25%
    Sacred Spangenhelm
  • Body Armour - Double Ornate Craft
  • Gloves -
    Greg's Silent Scream
  • Belt -
    Ashaera's Armor
    Ashaera's Armor
    Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 1687 to 1760
    Required Level: 100
    Required Strength: 575
    Item Level: 105
    +(21 to 25) Spell Focus
    +(11 to 15)% to Spell Damage
    +500 Defense
    (11 to 15)% to Energy
    Elemental Resists +(10 to 15)%
    Physical Resist 10%
    Socketed (2)
  • Boots - ZOMG Double Ornate Craft
  • Amulet - Rare with All skills, Hailstorm, cold pierce Mine
  • Rings - Rares with All skills, cold pierce, lightning spell damage, successful lucky roll
  • Sockets - On crafted jewels
[/spoil]

[spoil=Ubers]Hailstorm is a great small aoe spell against stationary targets. It makes early - mid game ubers (which can typically be tricky for some zons) like Bremmtown, Jitan, Bartuc, Azmodan doable as soon as you get to them in early game gear.

All bosses were cleared solo with this character. Apart from purify ubers, respeccing was only needed for Yshari Mephisto & Baal and for Vizjun.

This build is an amazing Uldyssian farmer. Bowazons are already great at the boss himself, because spellbind makes you take only 2k damage per hoof stomp and you get 50% slow on him for free. On the other hand Hailstorm completely demolishes the stages leading up to Uldy. With only 140% cold pierce it destroys every Prime Edyrem in a single resistance drop. In addition Baal is mad because SoV can tank him indefinitely.

Furthermore, Amazons are great Startled Witch farmers. She is easily killable in TUs, without any sacred unique magic resist items. Toraja is also extremely safe and easy to clear - elementals slow down all attackers to perma Chronofield levels and enable edyrems to do their thing, max cast rate ensures you can keep your minions up at all times. It goes without saying that this build is also an excellent Duncraig farmer once you get your staff runeword.[/spoil]

I am planning on writing down a mini guide for this build, TBR soon™ in the coming weeks.
chrismanto
Cultist
24 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
haha good music choice, couldn't be more obvious!
MrFunk
Bone Archer
77 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What the heck is the creep? I've never heard of that runeword before.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
MrFunk wrote:What the heck is the creep? I've never heard of that runeword before.

Secret Realm-only RW.
MrFunk
Bone Archer
77 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is there a list of those runewords somewhere? I never even knew there were secret ones.
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It's a SECRETSECRETSECRET.

Suchbalance is shifting the char selection into new direction again. First was detailed amazon, then tantrum paladin and now ligthing amazon. Good job !

Off topic:
y u no ride the lightning ?
► Show Spoiler
MrFunk
Bone Archer
77 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Lame. It's clearly his staff that must be causing the crazy awesome AOE procs since the rest of his gear is listed.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
it's poison magic fire cold light earth in a staff, iirc it gives skills, sorch morph, spell damage and trinity nova when enemy is slain
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
MrFunk wrote:Lame. It's clearly his staff that must be causing the crazy awesome AOE procs since the rest of his gear is listed.

[RandomOnions mode on]
Really ? Really ?! Just please die already !
... scratches semi-beard ...
[/RandomOnions mode off]

What is so lame about it ? That he uses great item on the amazon ? Yeah you could use that staff on any caster and have similar fireworks. But he did think about the char passives/actives and got the build working. Other casters have various boosts to their build too, but apparently amazon can work aswell which is shown in the video. So just appreciate that someone took their time and made it happen. Or begone.
MrFunk
Bone Archer
77 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I didn't mean the build was lame. The build is awesome. I meant that it was lame that the runeword is not listed as it is clearly a core part of this build.