Discuss Median XL!
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Mojacks wrote:I did a fresh install D2+LoD and installed the Launcher to it.

When i start the launcher i get at the bottom right "unknown version" and the red "Restart" button.

Launcher doesn't support non-english OS. Do a manual install after uninstalling launcher from add/remove programs.
Mojacks
Skeleton
3 | 0
cowking wrote:
Mojacks wrote:I did a fresh install D2+LoD and installed the Launcher to it.

When i start the launcher i get at the bottom right "unknown version" and the red "Restart" button.

Launcher doesn't support non-english OS. Do a manual install after uninstalling launcher from add/remove programs.

I hoped the launcher will work because the manual doesnt work for me either.

I followed a youtube video point for point.

I installed D2SE & Plugy, put the Median XL Folder in the Mod Folder from my D2 on 1.13c and when i try to start the plugin via D2SE there is nothing happening.

edit: when i try the third option buy copying the data from your link into the D2 FOlder i get this error "Failed to retrieve process"

edit2: i should mention that i am totally new to D2 and modding, i am completely overwhelmed. I installed D2 now like 10 times. I realy need a solution on this so i can give your mod a try!
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Shared stash in single player is currently causing errors so there's really no need to hassle with d2se unless you want to play other mods at the same time.

Some people have resolved failed to retrieve process by running the shortcut in admin + compatibility mode.
Mojacks
Skeleton
3 | 0
Allright!

I followed step by step this viewtopic.php?t=442

and now finally it works!

Let's see what this mod is about :P
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Zerain wrote:
Krazy wrote:D2VidTst.exe doesn't start as it seems

If I try to run either Game.exe or Diablo II.exe manually, it says "Failed to retrieve process"

my vidtest is going well but i have same error

You need to run game.exe nd Diablo Ii.exe as admin
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Krazy
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Quirinus wrote:
Zerain wrote:
Krazy wrote:D2VidTst.exe doesn't start as it seems

If I try to run either Game.exe or Diablo II.exe manually, it says "Failed to retrieve process"

my vidtest is going well but i have same error

You need to run game.exe nd Diablo Ii.exe as admin

Got it running after startung VidTst in compatibility mode and then was able to install it through the launcher, thanks.
skroting
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Having a wierd issue with the launcher.
Whenever i start the game, it seems random wether or not it starts as windowed or full screen.
I don't like playing windowed, so i've unchecked all settings pertaining to running the game windowed-mode (in launcher and glide settings) but still it sometimes launches the game windowed. Exiting the game, and pressing Play from the launcher again usually fixes it - might have to try a couple of times.

Anyone know what can cause this?
Zerain
Cultist
20 | 0
I dont see TSW and Battle.net... i used the folder from: https://tsw.median-xl.com/join and have just fresh installation of D2, patch 1.13c, MXL 2017 and this folder, nth more, do you know how to fix it?
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Did you install the launcher since you're posting in the launcher thread?

If you use the launcher, you don't need anything from the link you posted (it's for manual install). Just install launcher into a clean d2 install and play.
lordalexander74
Bone Archer
77 | 0
Only issue I found using the launcher, I have it set to play fullscreen, and often it doesn't start in full screen. No option to resize/maximize the window. Takes a couple tries, but restarting both the launcher and game works.