The Blood Knight

Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Jampula wrote:
Ntf1015 wrote:This might seem like a dumb question, but I am beyond annoyed. What gear is recommended for farming Terror Fauzt and finishing the black road challenge? I have all the early game gear and a crafted balefire weapon. Should that be enough? Thanks in advance.

Well since you have Balefire killspeed shouldn't be a problem. So I would switch armor to Erawan and use crafted/rare/magic paladin shield with Bear Stance. That's already 40% dr + tons of defence.

This helped tremendously with fauzt as well as TA for the BRC completion. Thank you!
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Ntf1015

Bear Stance shield was already mentioned in Challenges section (text about BRC). You wasn't attentive. :)
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
You got me there. I went and looked back and it is listed. Haha. Thank you!
tschim21
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Im confused about your endgame gear, where do you get your -ennemy fire resistance? do you still need to stack it? If yes, where? And how much? I know you get some with charms but no where near -100%.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
-45% from Mystic Orbs cubed with jewelry (2x rings and amulet);
-(6 to 15)% from Six Angel Bag;
-(22 to 40)% from 2x rare rings;
-(21 to 30)% from a rare amulet.

Lowest roll will give you -94 fire resists if you go with
Vizjun's Commdish
instead of a rare paladin shield, so your goal is to either farm yourself a Six Angel Bag charm with good -resists roll or reroll better jewelry.

NOTE: Chaos Ladder won't allow you to reroll rare jewelry, but the min. and max. amount of -resists were increased so its easy to stack -100 pierce anyway.

Considering -199% fire/lightning resists, I used full Malthael's set that already gives -100 pierce and gear mentioned above. In Chaos Ladder the set was nerfed (-60 pierce now) so, imo, its better to go with Fascinating/Ornate crafted gear against heroic bosses since crafted gear bonuses was dramatically buffed.
tschim21
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Man they really killed the Malthael set. :(
xmrangelx
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Can you update your guide please? I really like this build
SiAnKo
Acid Prince
48 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Rip for this build?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
SiAnKo wrote:Rip for this build?

Well, there are several things that are nerfed now: Tainted Blood; LoSiM on Hymn; Terror Strike; Balefire power; shrine drop chance; Stormlord attribute bonus; Malthael's set, base attack speed with paladin spears.

Thing that was buffed: crystal swords (have +All Skills modifier now; no more max mana penalty, overall crafted items' power increased).

Taking into account all of the factors named above (considering the fact that I didn't name everything, just what quickly came to my mind), I'll make a priority chain of all nerfed things:

LoSiM > Balefire (ouch) > shrine drop chance > attack speed (varies, I'm just lazy to hunt for breakpoints, you just need more to invest to reach the cap) > Terror Strike (not tested) > Stormlord (not tested) > Malthael's set (no more ez -100 all pierce, overall need to invest harder into -enemy resists now, Flamestrike proc deals less damage) > TB (not tested, but does not really matter).

After that we can come to conclusion that the initial build that uses Balefire to rape everything, non immune to magic and relies on 1000+ LoSiM for survivability (imagine old 50% Balefire proc with a power of 10/10 against now 33% with a power of 3-4? as its dmg was reduced, not just slightly reduced), I can tell that on paper it looks certainly weaker than it was before.

BUT:

1. Blessed Life (%DR, DR) is still a strong reward skill;
2. You can look into Alternate gear section; hint: Plague Avatar hasn't changed in any way ;)
3. Crystal swords should roll with more LoSiM/LaK now and stronger spell damage which is not affected by -max mana penalty;
4. The power of SU's used in the build remains the same, drops are good, trade center is opened for all.

You see, my idea was to make a build that does not uses any Elemental runes, any Toraja runes, any Xis runes and any rare SSSU's for getting most charms and farming main uberlevels. Now, in 2017, the Blood Knight is not one of the cheapest builds you can make but I don't think it's completely useless as well.

I've seen at least one person who's building UHM this ladder (loc89?), you can ask him how it goes, because I won't be playing Median in the nearest future.

Good luck! :)
loc89
Cultist
23 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Yes I am making blood knight as we speak. I will be happy to assist anyone with questions as well as updates on the build!