Tempestsucks - Lightning/Cold Sorc

pRoded
Imp
4 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I've been following this guide the last few days. I got to 120 with Tempest/Abyss as my main skills and using thunderstone for bosses. I was really disappointed with the clearspeed and thought I'd try a different lightning spell. I used fork lightning and its easily 5x as quick as tempest. Instead of Abyss I'm using the third mana spell* (I can't recall the name). I still find that thunderstone is quicker for some bosses such as the 5th wave on Baal and baal himself. I don't think I'm geared particularly well but I can farm K3K and Terror Cows pretty easily while slowly progressing in Destruction. With my current gear setup for light spells I can't really change much else of the build. However I've read in chat that poison sorc is good.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
pRoded wrote:I've been following this guide the last few days. I got to 120 with Tempest/Abyss as my main skills and using thunderstone for bosses. I was really disappointed with the clearspeed and thought I'd try a different lightning spell. I used fork lightning and its easily 5x as quick as tempest. Instead of Abyss I'm using the third mana spell* (I can't recall the name). I still find that thunderstone is quicker for some bosses such as the 5th wave on Baal and baal himself. I don't think I'm geared particularly well but I can farm K3K and Terror Cows pretty easily while slowly progressing in Destruction. With my current gear setup for light spells I can't really change much else of the build. However I've read in chat that poison sorc is good.

This build was not updated yet for the new patch. Thunderstone, Tempest, and Abyss were all nerfed, which is why you're not seeing great damage. Forked Lightning is stronger now, as you've seen.
pRoded
Imp
4 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yeah I've noticed lol. I've got 1 piece to the poison sorc set so I may keep trying to complete that set but I do like the playstyle of forked lightning atm. I'm also interested in trying to add more points into the Arcane/mana spell that I"m using on the light immunes. I'd have to forgo the thunderstone points I have but they seem pretty unnecessary at the moment seeing as how Forked LIghtning has very similar damage and I find myself in melee range most of the time as it is.
skazord
Prowler
19 | 0
How was Chronofield nerfed? The patch notes seem to imply it was buffed. What am I missing? (I didn't play before 2017 came out)

"CHRONOFIELD: increased the amount of velocity slow at lower levels, now also reduces enemy physical resistance per base level"
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
Chronofield was nerfed in the latest MXLU patch:
Chronofield: now only affects running/walking speeds.
link
skazord
Prowler
19 | 0
DeaTh wrote:Chronofield was nerfed in the latest MXLU patch:
Chronofield: now only affects running/walking speeds.
link

Ah I see, so it used to affect monster casting/attacking animations too? That would be insanely good lol
Thanks for the clarification.
Holte
Imp
4 | 0
This has probably been asked before but, what armour bases do you recommend for this build?
aamer43
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Holte wrote:This has probably been asked before but, what armour bases do you recommend for this build?

at the beginning it tells u to use leather gloves, boots etc (lowest str requirement) and use eerie shrine.

Also any sorc casters out there? Since Thunderstone got nerfed what are u using for single target dmg?
peilis
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
aamer43 wrote:
Holte wrote:This has probably been asked before but, what armour bases do you recommend for this build?

at the beginning it tells u to use leather gloves, boots etc (lowest str requirement) and use eerie shrine.

Also any sorc casters out there? Since Thunderstone got nerfed what are u using for single target dmg?

Tried lightning and it is shit AF, no damage at all, cold does not seem to have that much damage as well.

Poison / ice seem to be alright. Poison for damage, ice for some defense and meat shield.

Haven't tried fire.
kij
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1
I recently switch from tempest/thunderstone to forked lightning after clearing destruction and getting around 15 charms. My damage more than doubled and my kill speed skyrocketed. I put 24 points in familiar for extra + skills. No idea if my build is optimal but I am quite happy with the result.