The Blood Knight

zelgadis
Destroyer
7 | 0
Hi,

Can You give me some hint how to build this Paladin in 2017 version? I've played this mod few years ago so You can consider me as noob but I'm skilled player ;). I love the idea of paladin caster but I'm not sure how play this char in 2017 version of mod. I will be really grateful :)!
Krill
Fallen
1 | 0
loc89 wrote:Yes I am making blood knight as we speak. I will be happy to assist anyone with questions as well as updates on the build!

Hi loc89, may I ask what changes have you made to combat the nerfs to hymn and balefire?
loc89
Cultist
23 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Krill wrote:
loc89 wrote:Yes I am making blood knight as we speak. I will be happy to assist anyone with questions as well as updates on the build!

Hi loc89, may I ask what changes have you made to combat the nerfs to hymn and balefire?

Well, as of right now I am currently using the malthael set. I have not yet crafted a balefire proced crystal sword. Once I get there I will play around with it until i figure out some things that can offset the nerfs. im strongly considering going back to holy melee though as i had a very op one last ladder. I'll be sure to update you along the way!
KratosTheAxeman
Pit Knight
101 | 3
Holy Melee as in the Dragon skill-tree, or the one with Coliseum, and the now replaced Hammerstrike?
CharlieTango
Lava Lord
94 | 18
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This guide has worked really well to level 41 so far. Made it to A5 with the only problem being Diablo because I was permanently frozen/slowed or some bs.
tschim21
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The build right now is working very well for me. I am geared 2/4 endgame, a few easy/tricky charms and zero signets! I have not tried Duncraig/Fauztinville and Uniformed Lands is kinda hard at first. But everything else is easily farmable at Dest.

Once you get you're hand on a good Balefire CS and full midgame gear, fully MO'ed and all challenges done, you should be able to kill Baal in Dest in less than one minute. Everything will just melt before you.

Our main problem is tanking, if you want to farm Duncraig and Fauztinville effectivly you will need all 500 signets in vitality, all minigames done, most of the easy/tricky/hard charms and 200% faster hit recovery(FIRST PRIORITY! Just like suchbalance suggested in the guide)

I suggest getting 9x15% FHR with jewels in your Balefire CS and runewords(Qor helm, if you can afford it), then do the math with your charms, and than MO the rest you need to get 200% FHR. Why? Because you should MO, as much as possible, all your gear with fire spell% damage instead of MOing FHR, you cant remove mystic orb applied on your gear, so if you're not careful, MOing past 200% FHR is a waste.

And since its not in the guide, I think?! : MO your Balefire CS with 2 mana on attack mystic orb! Or else, you'll find yourself out of mana 80% of the time. Since the last patch, they increased the mana cost of Blood Thorn, which drains our mana pool in less than 5 seconds with Superbeast.

Also breakpoints for attack speed is changed in MXL2017 I have almost 250% bonus attackspeed and I still cannot reach the 4 frame per attack, which means its a huge nerf on this part.
jisoo
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
i need build pal ver 2017, you can help me? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
tschim21
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Theres currently a bug with Blood Thorn and On attack procs, such as Balefire, or Rain of bombs from Vizjun Commdish(100% to cast on melee attack).

Blood Thorn sometimes doesnt activate On Melee procs, sometimes (maybe 50%, hard to say, but Rain of Bombs doesnt proc all the time with Bloodthorn, and it is supposed to be 100% cast chance) and it is even more problematic on unique bosses, such as act bosses.

I tested with normal melee attacks (no Blood Thorn) and it works just fine, all On Melee casts works like a charm. Dest Mephisto dies 3x faster using normals attacks rather than using Blood Thorn, which is very sad.

So ya, its less of a problem in terms of farming non-bosses ennemies, but its still there and it is not helping the build ATM.

I've reported this bug in the feedback&bug section, but no one actually confirmed the bug except me and a friend. Hopefully they can fix this.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tschim21 wrote:Also breakpoints for attack speed is changed in MXL2017 I have almost 250% bonus attackspeed and I still cannot reach the 4 frame per attack, which means its a huge nerf on this part.

4 frames is not possible anymore, fastest is 5 frames at 174 ias with Superbeast.

I started this too and I'm just wondering why does patch notes say that Lemures has been reworked... targeting sucks just as much as always. I have played Blood Thorns pala so often that I was hoping to get some Lemures action instead.
tschim21
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jampula wrote:
I started this too and I'm just wondering why does patch notes say that Lemures has been reworked... targeting sucks just as much as always. I have played Blood Thorns pala so often that I was hoping to get some Lemures action instead.

I think theres something wrong with our ''spell'' melee attacks right now. Blood Thorn is bugged and is sometime not correctly registering as a ''normal'' melee attacks.

Pretty sure the bug also applies to Lemure. (Yes, and its worst)

Hope they can fix this skill tree soon.