Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jampula wrote:What a shame...
It's just that totem necro has been my starting char for years and it's getting seriously boring so I wanted to try something else.

Melee necro isn't leeching properly and doesn't do shit for damage right now for some reason. I'm not sure if it's from the damage scaling or the removal of the Luck Trial MO, but the parasite damage is the same, if not lower, than funeral pyre on a totem Nec. If you're able to figure out a Melee setup that doesn't suck right now, please let me now.

To note: defense is totally fine. Damage is not. Leech is not.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Curlyfries117 wrote:Does anyone know if this build will be updated for MXL2017? :) I imagine its mostly the same but its always nice to know that it is definitely up to date

The guide will not be updated in the nearest future.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Just curious if someone managed to tune this pg for farming in 2017 version. Actually with nearly 500k def and more than 70%LL i am still gettin owned in TA.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bardamu wrote:Just curious if someone managed to tune this pg for farming in 2017 version. Actually with nearly 500k def and more than 70%LL i am still gettin owned in TA.

500k def and how much dr?

Defense is pretty useless if you dont have damage reduced, as defense is simply your chance to be hit.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Defense has never felt right imo. Most of the time with 10% chance to be hit, it feels more like 30%.
ASaluteTo
Destroyer
7 | 1
With 500k def, 33% dr and 55% LL I'm able to farm TA fairly comfortably (if I run into a pack of more than 30-40 it's pretty much a toss up which of us will live, but if I go somewhat slowly and kite back the huge groups I can clear it without issue). Biggest increase to survivability for me was getting a decently good phys dmg wep, second biggest is slapping on as much dr% as I could.

Fauntz still kicks my ass, tho. Pretty sure I need at least a few SUs to be able to actually farm it.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:

Defense is pretty useless if you dont have damage reduced, as defense is simply your chance to be hit.

Right now 21% dr. Sadly Erawan rw spawned with only 11%. So 476K def (with 21% avoid from Death Ward to add), 21% dr, 75%LL and 86% fhr.
ASaluteTo
Destroyer
7 | 1
Bardamu wrote:
L H wrote:

Right now 21% dr. Sadly Erawan rw spawned with only 11%. So 476K def (with 21% avoid from Death Ward to add), 21% dr, 75%LL and 86% fhr.

My melee wdps nec can farm TA effortlessly now and can clear Fautz comfortably. It does okay in Duncraig, but I feel like I really need a better weapon before I can do it effectively. All of that is to say it is possible to do pretty well with melee nec, but using my melee nec gear and laz chest and +12 skills staff, as totem nec I was able to progress much farther, much faster and had a waaaay easier time on every uber I've used it on, so I'd strongly, strongly suggest just respeccing and gearing totemancer.

If you're committed to melee nec, though, my advice is to craft a raptor scythe with weird or creepy shrines. For weird, you're looking for very high minimum and/or maximum damage rolls (100+), enhanced dmg, %str, life on striking more or less in that order. Use Nih rune to craft all of your jewels -- max roll (2%) of life steal breaks even on 0 phys res mobs with max Nih roll (8) at 6000 phys dmg. Given parasite converts white sheet dmg to 60% phys, that means 10,000 sheet average physical damage. Get Erawan rw armor, Truce rw belt, and Megalith rw boots. I used Aiwass gloves for a long time, too. All of those you should have the runes for sitting around in your bank, and should be enough to let you start (cautiously) doing TA once you've got decent life on striking and an okay wep.

Also, before you craft, keep rolling the base socketed item for decent def %, then roll of luck for 1% damage reduced. You'll have plenty of armor from Deathlord and Death Ward, so the 1% reduction is way more useful for when RNG tries to fuck you.

My build: http://skillplan.median-xl.com/planner?id=1pz63Q3i

Note that Parasite and Angel of Death are swapped on the skill planner, and it's Parasite that I'm putting 16 hard points into. The rest you can probably figure out -- it's just all about the biggest phys dmg % buff we can get and how tanky we can make ourselves.

Hope this helps!
Hinado
Imp
4 | 0
Does anyone know how exactly the Deathlord "base defense: +X% of total strength and dexterity" works?

When I use the transform and put points into strength my defense doesn't increase. Transforming again doesn't change the defense value either.
Equipping +strength or +attribute gear only seems to influence defense according to the normal dex scaling.

I don't get it :o

Also could anyone tell me if Talon's Hold slows movement speed only or also attack speed. I find this very hard to verify via testing :(
Ever_A_Noob
Pit Knight
110 | 1

Is there a reason you aren't using Dragonfire Oil? Pre-2017 I put a bunch of points in that and less into Talon's Hold and the leech one. I presume all the WDM missiles carry that extra fire damage, no?