Pouncezon

KhaldonB
Acid Prince
46 | 0
Alright since you all talking about pouncezon i have some problems which i dunno how to overcome (i consider myself casual at median and know nothing :D)
i got 4 parts of celestia's,honorfic gloves and a T6 boots until i find the last celestia part...
the problem -> I can't do anything in Destruction. Can't farm any places. i got like 40 % life leech but i'm pretty sure my dmg is kinda low.
how do you guys invest more dex if you need more strength for the gear ? i had to put like 300 pts in str to get the plate wearable (which looks so wrong, i know)
i followed this guide before and the char was a beast, not sure what happened now.
any tips would be appreciated.
fakme
Grubber
326 | 9
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
you need charms dude as well as all signets. I'd rather use a different char for charming or reskill to bowzon/stormzon
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
KhaldonB wrote:Alright since you all talking about pouncezon i have some problems which i dunno how to overcome (i consider myself casual at median and know nothing :D)
i got 4 parts of celestia's,honorfic gloves and a T6 boots until i find the last celestia part...
the problem -> I can't do anything in Destruction. Can't farm any places. i got like 40 % life leech but i'm pretty sure my dmg is kinda low.
how do you guys invest more dex if you need more strength for the gear ? i had to put like 300 pts in str to get the plate wearable (which looks so wrong, i know)
i followed this guide before and the char was a beast, not sure what happened now.

celestias set is not designed for pounce zons but for melee spear zons, such as great hunt users.

you do not need any super hardcore gear, nor do you need 500 sigs eaten to make a pounce zon work. try to get 50% dr, even 30-40 works with some practice. cheap runewords like nih in armor and ath in boots already give you up to 22%. ta trohpy is 5%. for example withhunter helmet is another 5 %. Flame RW in weapon is 10%(Imo best weapon for a pounce zon). this already would give you 42%. aim for like 600k def+ and some life leech. most important is to reach your breakpoints in FHR and IAS. have that and you can farm anything popular. basic charms are highly recommended. nearly every charm has his benefits. I have started as pouncezon and never switched the build. you can check my tradepost to see which charms i am able to farm easily + some are not listed if there is a drop chance because it sometimes takes ages and isnt worth my time.

since i have gotten maaaaaaaaany requests on gear and gameplay and i am too lazy to adjust the guide, i will make a longer video with some gear explanations (will not go through every sssu, etc. but basic stuff and why i am wearing what i am wearing) and show some gameplay in popular areas. soonTM (actually it is not far from being done)

Edit: Video is currently rendering. It is pretty long.. 40 mins of talk about gear skills etc (wrote it and didnt talk, thats why so long) and rest is farming in dunc, ta, ul, bremmtown, k3k, khalimgrad. since i am super lazy (even tho i made this video) i didnt check it twice. Maybe there are some misstakes or whatnot. i hope this is helpful for some people.

I think the video will be rendered and uploaded tomorrow morning (european time)
KhaldonB
Acid Prince
46 | 0
Jaxon wrote:
KhaldonB wrote:Alright since you all talking about pouncezon i have some problems which i dunno how to overcome (i consider myself casual at median and know nothing :D)

celestias set is not designed for pounce zons but for melee spear zons, such as great hunt users.

you do not need any super hardcore gear, nor do you need 500 sigs eaten to make a pounce zon work. try to get 50% dr, even 30-40 works with some practice. cheap runewords like nih in armor and ath in boots already give you up to 22%. ta trohpy is 5%. for example withhunter helmet is another 5 %. Flame RW in weapon is 10%(Imo best weapon for a pounce zon). this already would give you 42%. aim for like 600k def+ and some life leech. most important is to reach your breakpoints in FHR and IAS. have that and you can farm anything popular. basic charms are highly recommended. nearly every charm has his benefits. I have started as pouncezon and never switched the build. you can check my tradepost to see which charms i am able to farm easily + some are not listed if there is a drop chance because it sometimes takes ages and isnt worth my time.

since i have gotten maaaaaaaaany requests on gear and gameplay and i am too lazy to adjust the guide, i will make a longer video with some gear explanations (will not go through every sssu, etc. but basic stuff and why i am wearing what i am wearing) and show some gameplay in popular areas. soonTM (actually it is not far from being done)

Edit: Video is currently rendering. It is pretty long.. 40 mins of talk about gear skills etc (wrote it and didnt talk, thats why so long) and rest is farming in dunc, ta, ul, bremmtown, k3k, khalimgrad. since i am super lazy (even tho i made this video) i didnt check it twice. Maybe there are some misstakes or whatnot. i hope this is helpful for some people.

I think the video will be rendered and uploaded tomorrow morning (european time)

well thank you for your time,explanations and your video. i never really knew that celestia's wasn't meant for pouncezon but i can just ditch the set and make the parts you talked about or just wait for the video for in-depths. Thanks again.
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Here is the Pounce video. I hope it is already watchable. Youtube mentioned it is currently under preparation, but i can already watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em3pkgyBgVY

Since I am lazy i havent wantched through it again :P. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
There is a 40 Min part about gear and skills. Rest is farming areas. Full Dunc run included. After the Dunc run I have included a part how to solve the problem of dying in those small areas you have to teleport into in dunc.

Too long didnt watch (First 40 min):

Flame weapon, best in slot. Rha RW works well too
Everything else is fillable with whatever you like. Start aiming for 50% DR and stack LL with ber crafted jewels. Aim for high Def 600k+!
If you feel that is overkill, swap some gear/jewels for MF --> more drops.

Gameplay: Precast your Buffs, always be buffed by takedown, pounce.. pounce.. pounce!

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I hope you enjoy it, even tho there is no music and despite the fact I am even less than a rookie in video making :P.
cb220
Imp
4 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jaxon wrote:Here is the Pounce video. I hope it is already watchable. Youtube mentioned it is currently under preparation, but i can already watch it

Since I am lazy i havent wantched through it again :P. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
There is a 40 Min part about gear and skills. Rest is farming areas. Full Dunc run included. After the Dunc run I have included a part how to solve the problem of dying in those small areas you have to teleport into in dunc.

Everything else is fillable with whatever you like. Start aiming for 50% DR and stack LL with ber crafted jewels. Aim for high Def 600k+!

Gameplay: Precast your Buffs, always be buffed by takedown, pounce.. pounce.. pounce!

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I hope you enjoy it, even tho there is no music and despite the fact I am even less than a rookie in video making :P.

Thanks, my next build is going to be pounce zon so this was really helpful. Was nice to see how the build does too.
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
cb220 wrote:
Jaxon wrote:Here is the Pounce video. I hope it is already watchable. Youtube mentioned it is currently under preparation, but i can already watch it

Thanks, my next build is going to be pounce zon so this was really helpful. Was nice to see how the build does too.

I am glad this was helpful for someone :). I added the stats in the description and what to MO.
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great job man!!!

Some questions :)
You got all those charms with this build? Maybe with LL jewels and 50dr gear before switching to mf set?

You use a drop filter... How to? :)
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Feeles wrote:Great job man!!!

Some questions :)
You got all those charms with this build? Maybe with LL jewels and 50dr gear before switching to mf set?

You use a drop filter... How to? :)

-Bremmtown Classcharm upgrade for Amazons
-Eternal Bone Pile
-Cold Fusion Schematics
-Demonsbane
-Fool's Gold
-Upgraded Idol of Vanity
-Azmodan's Heart
-Crystalline Flame Medallion (Non-upgraded for now..)
-Sunstone of the Gods
-The Butcher's Tooth
-Scroll of Kings
-Sacred Worldstone Key
-Visions of Akarat
-Legacy of Blood
-Horazon's Focus
-Laser Focus Crystal
-Optical Detector

i offer these charms, even with mf build. some easy charms with low dropchances are not listed but easy accessible.
Bon pile and CFS --> use a shield, much faster run walk and max block (
Kethryes' Warband
Rozsochac
i use these too. the helmet gives you the new barb uskill which increases block chance and rate, the shield is far from being the best option, only 4% base block rate and -100 damage reduction. I just use it because i got it early on and it works as well)
everything else on this list is easy with the pounce zon with ll jewels and 50% dr, yes. i bought the yshari charm (too lazy to do it, did it last time i played a few times), laz charm, zaxaz, kabraxis and quov tsin. they might all be possible but meh... I enjoy farming more. I am currently tried to do the void charm with this zon. I guess I might do it with a friend to hold tp.

drop filter: D2stats reader (from the tools page) has it included. shift + home button to inject it (it is legal :P)
Edited by Jaxon 6 years.
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide