Natalya, The Insomniac [1.3]

Vyvanne
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Prime_Evil wrote:
Vyvanne wrote:I apologize if I missed this, but I scoured the guide trying to find tips on how to do the witches minigame. Assassins don't get summons to make this easy, is there a TU that allows you to summon a monster to help with this minigame?

Choronzon

Choronzon
Assassin Claws

'SurTal'
Runeword Level: 75
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
20% Cast Speed
+20% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
Slows Attacker by (15 to 20)%
10% to Energy
Regenerate Mana +15%
+(20 to 25) Life after each Kill
4% Reanimate as: Random Monster
+(40 to 50) Life when Struck by an Enemy
or
Dar-Al-Harb
Dar-Al-Harb
Assassin Shields

'FalUm'
Runeword Level: 58
+(3 to 4) to Assassin Skill Levels
15% Cast Speed
0.25% to Fire Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
0.25% to Lightning Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(16 to 19) to Summon Darklings
+(19 to 22) to Skeletal Flayer
+25 to Dexterity
5% to Dexterity
+25 to Energy
Elemental Resists +10%

Thanks very much for the prompt reply! I actually looked through the TU lists and found
Fallentooth
Fallentooth
Heavy Crossbow (4)

Two-Hand Damage: (18 - 21) to (32 - 41)
Required Level: 8
Required Strength: 91
Item Level: 29
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
15% Attack Speed
+(8 to 13) to Maximum Damage
(3 to 5)% Life stolen per Hit
+(24 to 43)% Enhanced Damage
+(2 to 6) to Summon Fallen
(7 to 10)% to Strength
Fire Resist +(21 to 25)%
Lightning Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Two-Hand Damage: (54 - 60) to (93 - 107)
Required Level: 28
Required Strength: 134
Item Level: 40
25% Attack Speed
+(18 to 23) to Maximum Damage
(9 to 11)% Life stolen per Hit
+(64 to 83)% Enhanced Damage
+(12 to 16) to Summon Fallen
(15 to 18)% to Strength
Fire Resist +(31 to 35)%
Lightning Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (4)
Two-Hand Damage: (140 - 153) to (221 - 244)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 260
Item Level: 67
35% Attack Speed
+(28 to 33) to Maximum Damage
(15 to 17)% Life stolen per Hit
+(104 to 123)% Enhanced Damage
+(22 to 26) to Summon Fallen
(23 to 26)% to Strength
Fire Resist +(41 to 45)%
Lightning Resist +(41 to 45)%
Socketed (5)
Two-Hand Damage: (192 - 208) to (281 - 307)
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 514
Item Level: 85
50% Attack Speed
+(33 to 38) to Maximum Damage
(18 to 20)% Life stolen per Hit
+(124 to 143)% Enhanced Damage
+(27 to 31) to Summon Fallen
(27 to 30)% to Strength
Fire Resist +(46 to 50)%
Lightning Resist +(46 to 50)%
Socketed (6)
gives summons as a non class specific TU! i killed mobs until a white one dropped and used two crystals to craft one that I'll keep around for any class that needs to do this quest and doesn't want to spend/doesn't have summons available.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Feedback is required for further progress. Still W.I.P.

Hatred to destruction done. Still need to link the videos and add the END GAME GEAR + the Ubers (got 3 or 4 going on, nothing more).
For tomorrow I'll add the easy/mid ubers (first 20~) and give some better format to Terror-Destruction so it looks more eye appealing like the rest.

Still need to put a bit more time in it :)
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
E.g:
  • How is it Visually? Is too charged on spoilers? Too much images, etc?
  • Was it easy to read/understand/navigate(index/Ctrl F) and not boring?
  • Was the content good? Information accurate?
  • Any bug/suggestion you can have

Thanks so much guys!
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Stuff to look for through the entire Destruction diff:

I would not go for a sacred Katar. If you have no indestructibility jewel you have to repair it all the time just from applying Shadow Refuge and the scissors have the best base attack speed which is something casters shouldn't waste MO space/jewels on.

Also the bladed shield has such a high def requirement that you can easily use other claws. And as long you use tiefling a totem shield is just as good. Or T6 (except for crafting)

In the spoiler for CoV you should mention the Inarius Revenge Uber too. Generally the uber page is outdated and not about sin builds.

To me the lategame skillplan makes no sense, you can only have 1 point in blink, shadow ref and phase bomb. All your gear is dedicated to limpet - you don't need to max electrofield, psionic storm 1-5 points does a wonderful job for clearing anything that is immune/so does your merc. This way you can get a nice spell timer on blink, 50% DR with Shadow Ref and even put points into Vampiric Icon which just makes the whole game super easy and fluid, no more need for health pots, no more stupid dying, super safe blinks most of the time. Maybe even put 1 point in wynchwind if you are going to do Yshari soon so you won't have to respec at all there.

I don't quite get the point of using limpet to twink electrofield, you could use electrofield to twink electrofield - so you don't have to make new gear that often and when you have reached the point of being twinked melee/throw builds outshine casterbuilds in clearspeed/fun gamepley for farming anyways, the only point of electrofield at that point would be Astrogha trophy farm which with 500 eaten signets psionic storm and doom build can do easily with gear you already made to kill Laz or killing Pride in the Void, which I guess a melee build could do better.

In the BRC Trial of Knowledge thing you say that you should MO the stuff of your merc with TCD - this is more or less MO space waste.

I know I already said it but the jump from mid game gear to late game gear is a bumpy because you don't have that much MF - you have a hard time finding rare bases. If you use honorific stuff you needs much less STR (the only really useful TU is Queen of Glass anyways), can get much higher MF, FHR, reanimates, res. OR leveling a new char to make the charsi quest and up some stuff isn't that slow either especially if you twink some items. Now what's left is finding sacred or ornate shrines which with some patience can be done in tfautz with the mid game gear/honorifics and it's especially easy if you use vampiric icon.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
Thanks for the time and the feedback, havent readed it yet, let me begin:

I would not go for a sacred Katar. If you have no indestructibility jewel you have to repair it all the time just from applying Shadow Refuge and the scissors have the best base attack speed which is something casters shouldn't waste MO space/jewels on.

I used to use a Katar, still had no problems with it. In any case, I got yesterday a Wrist Blade (so you are correct, better change it for a wrist blade or superior, even if, again, there were no issues with repairing). I use/will use RW/Craft, and those jewels wont have attack speed since I'm caster (A.S is fine as is).

Also the bladed shield has such a high def requirement that you can easily use other claws. And as long you use tiefling a totem shield is just as good. Or T6 (except for crafting)
It's for crafting, thats why. In any case, dex is not a problem since you get enough dex to gear everything, even if it was a 450-550 dex shield [See past broadcasts from stream].

In the spoiler for CoV you should mention the Inarius Revenge Uber too. Generally the uber page is outdated and not about sin builds.
Still havent touched ubers, posted it on the last reply of the post.

To me the lategame skillplan makes no sense, you can only have 1 point in blink, shadow ref and phase bomb. All your gear is dedicated to limpet - you don't need to max electrofield, psionic storm 1-5 points does a wonderful job for clearing anything that is immune/so does your merc. This way you can get a nice spell timer on blink, 50% DR with Shadow Ref and even put points into Vampiric Icon which just makes the whole game super easy and fluid, no more need for health pots, no more stupid dying, super safe blinks most of the time. Maybe even put 1 point in wynchwind if you are going to do Yshari soon so you won't have to respec at all there.
This quote makes no sense to me, and the answer will be long and in vain, but well: Shadow Refugee gives 50% phys DR (at the stage Im in), I can accept the phase bomb on one point (since I put the rest on blink). Reason to put the rest on blink is because you get 2-2.6 sec cd and 7seconds of stun. Since you are playing 0 def, 15% block~ you need something defensive/offensive/utility like is Blink. My gear is not dedicated to Limpet, since I have 2 (you can easily go for ornates instead of sacreds) but for the purpose of farming/speed (which you cannot achieve with Electrofield AoE). Maxing Electrofield assures me to instakill any boss/immune to cold that I find. I preffer limpet for funding the Electrofield build for mid/late ubers (which you can use the Limpet gear to farm the first 20 ubers in the meantime). I dont need PS since I dont have problems with immunes (EF+LL+PB) and I still have a nice spell timer on blink (2.6 and 6.x stun). First you say 1 point on shadow refuge, then you say 50% DR (which is maxed) lol. Edit: I just saw the Skill plan pic (wondering why the ''points into vampiric icon'', I have to update it to 1 point into it.

I don't quite get the point of using limpet to twink electrofield, you could use electrofield to twink electrofield - so you don't have to make new gear that often and when you have reached the point of being twinked melee/throw builds outshine casterbuilds in clearspeed/fun gamepley for farming anyways, the only point of electrofield at that point would be Astrogha trophy farm which with 500 eaten signets psionic storm and doom build can do easily with gear you already made to kill Laz or killing Pride in the Void, which I guess a melee build could do better.
As explained before, Limpet clears faster/safer than Electrofield (specially for DTA and TFauzt) and EF for bossess/immunes.

In the BRC Trial of Knowledge thing you say that you should MO the stuff of your merc with TCD - this is more or less MO space waste.
Again, havent touched the ubers section, was posted on my last reply of this post.

I know I already said it but the jump from mid game gear to late game gear is a bumpy because you don't have that much MF - you have a hard time finding rare bases. If you use honorific stuff you needs much less STR (the only really useful TU is Queen of Glass anyways), can get much higher MF, FHR, reanimates, res. OR leveling a new char to make the charsi quest and up some stuff isn't that slow either especially if you twink some items. Now what's left is finding sacred or ornate shrines which with some patience can be done in tfautz with the mid game gear/honorifics and it's especially easy if you use vampiric icon.
On my walkthrough with the assa I wasnt picking up items from the whole run, and still didnt had problems finding the stuff on 3-4 runs.

Too much written and for nothing, thanks for your time anyway!

Somnus.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Somnus wrote: This quote makes no sense to me, and the answer will be long and in vain, but well: Shadow Refugee gives 50% phys DR (at the stage Im in), I can accept the phase bomb on one point (since I put the rest on blink). Reason to put the rest on blink is because you get 2-2.6 sec cd and 7seconds of stun. Since you are playing 0 def, 15% block~ you need something defensive/offensive/utility like is Blink. My gear is not dedicated to Limpet, since I have 2 (you can easily go for ornates instead of sacreds) but for the purpose of farming/speed (which you cannot achieve with Electrofield AoE). Maxing Electrofield assures me to instakill any boss/immune to cold that I find. I preffer limpet for funding the Electrofield build for mid/late ubers (which you can use the Limpet gear to farm the first 20 ubers in the meantime). I dont need PS since I dont have problems with immunes (EF+LL+PB) and I still have a nice spell timer on blink (2.6 and 6.x stun). First you say 1 point on shadow refuge, then you say 50% DR (which is maxed) lol. Edit: I just saw the Skill plan pic (wondering why the ''points into vampiric icon'', I have to update it to 1 point into it.

Oh I didn't mean that you have to put more stuff in phase bomb or so but if you actually do that build you use every single skill point and have blink at 1, there are no more points to spent (unless you have bad +max skills but even then it's not that much blink/icon/SR). Instead of having 30 points in electrofield you have the same effect with 1 point in psionic strom but sometimes at bosses have to wait some seconds more (instead of changing gear) since only your limpets do the killing, like at Kabraxis or Xazax. Which gives you 29 skill points. Considering that you can put like 11 points into vampiric icon and spent much less time buying/jugging health pots, dying, waiting for regeneration... VI is just enables a much more active and fast game play. That change is a net positive.

Again, havent touched the ubers section, was posted on my last reply of this post.

You touched that one, you even added the 2x gehenna thing there, that's a recent change, just change the TCD thing and it's solid.

On my walkthrough with the assa I wasnt picking up items from the whole run, and still didnt had problems finding the stuff on 3-4 runs.

The other streamers had much less problems, they were like 3 times as fast - RNG jesus loves magic find. That would surely make the game smoother the next time around and much more fluid for anyone following the guide.
snowman41
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
14 shrines and no Sacred ones, just finished terror and still using TU's and the honorific boots, running the first couple areas of TFaust with MF pots. I have a couple Ornate shrines, would it be easier to just use lightning sentry, or do I just keep up the grind?>
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
snowman41 wrote:14 shrines and no Sacred ones, just finished terror and still using TU's and the honorific boots, running the first couple areas of TFaust with MF pots. I have a couple Ornate shrines, would it be easier to just use lightning sentry, or do I just keep up the grind?>

Try trading those shrines for sacred/ornate ones. For the early ubers/destruction you should be fine with TU6/RW (mid game gear), so try either crafting all your ornate pieces (and roll with electrofield until you can roll the sacred pieces) or do the easy ubers with the mid game gear until you get your pieces. You can seriously go either way, you should be fine.
snowman41
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
Found someone to trade with, got myself 4 Sacred shrines, Are we using a sash as our crafted belt? You list quilted armor under the belt and boot categories of the gear section.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
For crafted gear, yes, lowest requirements (since we don't need the def) for caster. leather belt, leather boots, leather gloves, circlet, wrist blade (or any katar, really) and assa shield