Trap Rat Full Guide [WIP]

itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yeah sorry, I couldn't remember if Wolf Stance gave skill FHR or not so I didn't want to assume it did. If it does then it's even better.
The boots have some reasonable affixes and the Psiscream proc is great for creating space, helps a lot on Dunc/Fauzt/Vizjun etc. I wouldn't use them if you weren't going for the set bonus though, there are way better standalone options.
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
itsme wrote:One of rat's biggest weaknesses is his awful overall speed, so I'm surprised nobody talks about the Wolf Stance oskill from 2 pieces of the Curse of the Zakarum set. It won't help your bad FHR, but it will give you a lot of velocity to kite with, not to mention crushing blow. And using it doesn't disrupt your gameplay at all since you're only ever using one skill anyway.
Maffer's Frenzy
Maffer's Frenzy
Light Plated Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 784 to 868
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 115
2% Chance to cast level 13 Psionic Scream on Kill
+1 to All Skills
25% Attack Speed
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
Adds 3-5 Damage
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
+18 to Wolf Companion
Elemental Resists +(20 to 30)%
+20 Life after each Kill
Socketed (4)

Curse of the Zakarum
(Zakarum Set)
is obviously the best item in the set for rat,
Wyand's Perfidy
Wyand's Perfidy
Heavy Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 3825 to 4131
Required Level: 110
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 115
2% Chance to cast level 12 Nightmare when Struck
10% Attack Speed
+25% to Fire Spell Damage
+22 to Rising Dawn
+200% Enhanced Defense
10% to Energy
Maximum Fire Resist +2%
Socketed (2)

Curse of the Zakarum
(Zakarum Set)
is usable for the Nightmare proc and
Ismail's Majesty
is reasonable if you don't have something better.

I thought about it and decided to not include it in "main" gear section. I will surely propose this for Vizjun or other ubers that requires to be fast, thanks for remembering tho
tonix
Stygian Watcher
42 | 2
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I crafted this should I use this or Gehenna? If I should use it what should I MO and socket into it?

Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
fkfhnis wrote:I crafted this should I use this or Gehenna? If I should use it what should I MO and socket into it?

Craft can surpass gehenna, but you can get a better craft. Despite which shrine you use, seek for +skills ok but also a proc on kill, i'm not sure you can get a spike nova craft.. tonight i will test better and tell you which proc you should get.

Maybe abandon craft is a safier way for crafting (more dex more tankiness).

Start to look for su weapons like drow valor, or if you can afford it, you may consider to buy a qor rune. Qor RW on weapon is maybe best option for rainbow damage, you will need this for kabraxis upgrade
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
fkfhnis wrote:I crafted this should I use this or Gehenna?
that's actualy worse than Gehenna

if you want to deal more damage , get a craft that grants a decent proc (SoR or Spike Nova) and also has good min/max damage . if you want more chance to block , get an abandonned craft; if you are just after high weapon damage , get a weird craft . and since quill storm deals 33% WD , the more damage your weapon has , the better .
as you can see in those shitty crafts i made a few weeks ago while updating my build , the blade damage is almost double than what you rolled . with enough shrines and luck you can actualy do a lot better than those : http://i.imgur.com/CTdsha7.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OLOFQUp.jpg. they may also spawn with up to 25% slows target modiffier , regardless of what shrine you use . good luck !
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Feeles wrote:About merc they said it, bloodmage is a good solid choice, you can equip him with sacred Honorifics (six socket sword can be TU, no need for sacred) and MO in weapon FCR, Fire dmg, MF. In defensive gear go for Fire spell, ed, tcd, MF. you will get a merc with over 500k def, that can instaheal you and survive easily, with around 240% MF and is cheap to do.

What should I put inside of all the items?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Ral runes or perf diamonds , or ideally good %fsd Zod crafted jewels.
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
fkfhnis wrote:
Feeles wrote:About merc they said it, bloodmage is a good solid choice, you can equip him with sacred Honorifics (six socket sword can be TU, no need for sacred) and MO in weapon FCR, Fire dmg, MF. In defensive gear go for Fire spell, ed, tcd, MF. you will get a merc with over 500k def, that can instaheal you and survive easily, with around 240% MF and is cheap to do.

As prime evil said. Cheap choice is Ral runes everywhere.

if you go for expansive choice... you will want ilvl1 fascinating crafted items, with shrine blessing, and zod crafted jewels with 4% fire spell dmg... that's a lot of crafting tho, not worthy :)

middle way is, ilvl1 fascinating crafts, shrine bless all, ral in all
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
fkfhnis wrote:

Updated Merc Gear in Midgame section