Melee Necromancer

hodg
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
which nec dagger base is better for mkodos rw? hexblade is faster but spirit edge has higher base dmg and has another socket
Amantalado
Vampiress
39 | 1
hodg wrote:which nec dagger base is better for mkodos rw? hexblade is faster but spirit edge has higher base dmg and has another socket

Definitely Spirit Edge. Mkodos is one of the only runewords for Nec Daggers that doesn't grant a bunch of Max Damage, so having a higher base damage is preferable for such a runeword. You can make use of the extra socket for an IAS jewel if necessary if you want to try to catch up in attack speed to Hexblade.
I don't think I've seen many people opt for Dagger/Shield nec over Scythe nec, but I remember playing it before MXL 2017. How does it end up playing out in areas like Tran?
Amantalado
Vampiress
39 | 1
Melee necromancer isn't as strong for starting out with as it used to be. You'll have a hard time progressing through the game with it as your first class. I'd recommend you start out as a totemancer or summonmancer first and get some charms under you before you transition to melee or you'll have a really hard time otherwise.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Any tips on beating Kabraxis with dagger + shield build - asshole keeps healing when I have him at a like 1 pixel health.... much thanks :)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Chris_Kush wrote:Any tips on beating Kabraxis with dagger + shield build - asshole keeps healing when I have him at a like 1 pixel health.... much thanks :)

That's the effect of your crushing blow making it look like you're doing a lot of damage. What skill are you using? if ancients' hand, perhaps you need more fire pierce. otherwise, just let him pounce to spawn minions so you can hit the minions in the direction of kab and allow AH to travel to him or circle him (avoiding balefires) and rush in to hit 1-2 times before returning to circling.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Using parasite normally but use carnage for single target boss damage....
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Chris_Kush wrote:Using parasite normally but use carnage for single target boss damage....

Carnage is doable, just a bit slower since it hits less than Ancients Hand will. You can try crafting a necromancer dagger for AH oskill, but you'll need about 40 pierce to feel the damage. More is better. Otherwise, just keep chipping away with carnage and maybe some on attack/striking procs.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Thanks for the help man, much appreciated :)
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Someone really needs to update this guide. Melee nec is ownage now.
tran555
Prowler
15 | 0
Skeptic_Zero wrote:Someone really needs to update this guide. Melee nec is ownage now.

Could you elaborate ? Was something changed that makes him more viable now ? Do tell please :)