Rishab The Venomancer - Caster Druid

Shade
|
► Show Spoiler

demonshalo wrote:All 3 uber skills are bad for this build actually. FoN doesn't scale well and Tremor is useless for this build. Faerie Fire is your only other option but then again, that's not so great since you are behind your summons all the time. Could work for some ubers but that's about it. FoN is the best pick in terms of uber skills but 1 point is enough. Dont smax it

Good point.

I just noticed that FF has %avoid chance... made me wonder if it's worth it just for that. Not sure how it scales, but it looks like based on soft points which is good if we don't have spare skill points?

EDIT - will we need Bloodstones in wep for minion life at some stage or can use P.Rubies for LAK? Or something else.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Shade wrote:
► Show Spoiler

demonshalo wrote:All 3 uber skills are bad for this build actually. FoN doesn't scale well and Tremor is useless for this build. Faerie Fire is your only other option but then again, that's not so great since you are behind your summons all the time. Could work for some ubers but that's about it. FoN is the best pick in terms of uber skills but 1 point is enough. Dont smax it

Good point.

I just noticed that FF has %avoid chance... made me wonder if it's worth it just for that. Not sure how it scales, but it looks like based on soft points which is good if we don't have spare skill points?

EDIT - will we need Bloodstones in wep for minion life at some stage or can use P.Rubies for LAK? Or something else.

Yea I tried the FF for the avoid. It is good but you really shouldn't be in a position where that is needed. Perhaps if your goal is to farm Toraja and Fautz a lot that could be useful. But otherwise you are behind your minions and should not be hit to begin with so it will rarely be of use.

LAK is fine but there are many better things you could use. Crafted jewels are 100 times better imo :D
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
I may have missed it, but do you recommend a merc? Im currently using a bloodmage, and hes ok, but i feel like he hangs out in the back near me and isnt very effective. Thanks in advance!
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Ntf1015 wrote:I may have missed it, but do you recommend a merc? Im currently using a bloodmage, and hes ok, but i feel like he hangs out in the back near me and isnt very effective. Thanks in advance!

I didn't use one myself because there is barely any need for one. But if I were to recommend one it would be an A5 merc with some decent proc gear!
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
demonshalo wrote:
Ntf1015 wrote:I may have missed it, but do you recommend a merc? Im currently using a bloodmage, and hes ok, but i feel like he hangs out in the back near me and isnt very effective. Thanks in advance!

I didn't use one myself because there is barely any need for one. But if I were to recommend one it would be an A5 merc with some decent proc gear!

Ok. Thank you! I also just want to say that lc1 was a nightmare!!! But i did it, somehow. Definitely feels good. Going straight back into regular game was a breeze after that. Made it to terror with no issues. Kinda having some trouble now, but I think its because im being more agressive. Gotta work on that!
Kevwar
Cultist
21 | 0
What do you socket in the items and what do you magic orb them with? Which gloves should I use in the early game gear?
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
I've been playing Poison Caster Dudu this season. Although I'm still sucking ass at MXL in general, I see a few improvements to be had. The two main concerns are not using Elvensong and not prioritizing Poison Duration.

Skill Usage
demonshalo wrote:This build relies on very few skills. The skill and stat build is the same across all phases. Our main damage skills are Plague Avatar, Rain of Fire and Mythal. Our suitability sources are Goodberry, Lifeshield, Acid Fiends and most importantly Pagan Rites.

Pagan Rites should be the least important skill, not a dependency for combat. Unformed Land is far too slow with this mentality. No Elvensong? This the most important/OP skill for the caster dudu. This greatly reduces the need for Pagan Rites.

Note: Mythal is probably the most broken spell in the game imo. 1 point is enough but make sure to learn how to utilize it properly. I will include some tips below.

In terms of overall effect on gameplay, this definitely goes to Elvensong.

Play Style
demonshalo wrote:The play style for this build is simple: Buff yourself with mark of the wild, summon Acid Fiends (and later on Edyrem once you do Judgement Day) in front of you as you walk, once enemies attack your summons, use your Plague Avatar spell on top of them and move on.

Repopulating Acid Fiends after each pack is a waste of time. Edyrem are useless. I suggest spawning Elvensong at the screenedge while progressing. Charming enemies has an interesting effect: they are top priority on enemies agro list. This helps in two ways: A) They kill each other B) Reduces damage to Acid Fiends, and re-summoning time. These both improve clear time and reduce down time.

Elvensong can be utilized to clear rooms without having to enter. Very useful for extremely strong monsters.

Gearing
I don't see much emphasis on Poison Skill Duration. Gains from this are multiplied independently, similar to -% Res.

Cathedral
and
Dubhdroiacht
have a huge boost to Dura, which will give more damage than increasing the base damage or -%Res via
Robe of Leaves
Robe of Leaves
Scale Mail (4)

Defense: (127 - 147) to (254 - 293)
Required Level: 4
Required Strength:
27 to 28
Item Level: 10
+5% Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(24 to 43)% Enhanced Defense
+10 Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Life +(2 to 3)%
Poison Resist +(21 to 25)%
Requirements -(3 to 5)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (452 - 505) to (816 - 911)
Required Level: 21
Required Strength:
52 to 54
Item Level: 31
+10% Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
-(5 to 8)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(5 to 8)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(5 to 8)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(64 to 83)% Enhanced Defense
+20 Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Life +(3 to 4)%
Poison Resist +(31 to 35)%
Requirements -(6 to 10)%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1166 - 1275) to (2031 - 2221)
Required Level: 39
Required Strength:
171 to 179
Item Level: 51
+15% Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
-(10 to 13)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(10 to 13)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(10 to 13)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(104 to 123)% Enhanced Defense
+35 Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Life +(4 to 5)%
Poison Resist +(41 to 45)%
Requirements -(11 to 15)%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (1738 - 1885) to (3030 - 3287)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength:
322 to 338
Item Level: 77
+20% Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
-(15 to 18)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(15 to 18)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(15 to 18)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(124 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+50 Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Life +(5 to 6)%
Poison Resist +(46 to 50)%
Requirements -(16 to 20)%
Socketed (6)
and
Lojban
. For bosses -%Res is priority, but decent damage is still required.

In Phase 3 the
Sigil of Tur Dulra
Sigil of Tur Dulra
Ring

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 105
+(1 to 2) to Druid Skill Levels
+(15 to 20)% Bonus to Poison Skill Duration
20% Cast Speed
-(1 to 10)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Elemental Resists +(20 to 25)%
is advised. If players are just starting Destruction there is no way they will find this.

My Setup
My stats are pretty solid with basic on TU6 + Runewords (no crafts/SU); for those completely new to the game, this setup is easy to attain. My stats include all the easy and most of the medium boss charms.

Gear:
Dubhdroiacht
Earth Song
Earth Song
Hawk Helm (4)

Defense: (54 - 63) to (79 - 92)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 4
Required Strength: 25
5% Cast Speed
+(11 to 15)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(11 to 15)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(11 to 15)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(21 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(11 to 15)%
Cold Resist +(11 to 15)%
Poison Resist +(11 to 15)%
+(8 to 13) Mana after each Kill
Socketed (2)
Defense: (211 - 238) to (276 - 311)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 22
Required Strength: 50
10% Cast Speed
+(16 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(16 to 20)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(16 to 20)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(51 to 70)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(21 to 25)%
Cold Resist +(21 to 25)%
Poison Resist +(21 to 25)%
+(18 to 23) Mana after each Kill
Socketed (2)
Defense: (513 - 570) to (658 - 731)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 175
15% Cast Speed
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(71 to 90)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(31 to 35)%
Cold Resist +(31 to 35)%
Poison Resist +(31 to 35)%
+(28 to 33) Mana after each Kill
Socketed (3)
Defense: (788 - 908) to (1004 - 1157)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 350
20% Cast Speed
+(26 to 30)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(26 to 30)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(26 to 30)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(91 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(36 to 40)%
Cold Resist +(36 to 40)%
Poison Resist +(36 to 40)%
+(33 to 38) Mana after each Kill
Socketed (4)
Cathedral
Kali
Kali
Gloves

'LumKo'
Runeword Level: 48
15% Chance to cast level 13 Seal of Fire on Kill
+2 to All Skills
+15% to Summoned Minion Resistances
-214 Defense
5% to Strength
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Fire Resist +25%
Aerin Orbiter
Aerin Orbiter
Belt (4)

Defense: (88 - 96) to (121 - 132)
Required Level: 5
Required Strength: 28
5% Cast Speed
+(4 to 5)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(4 to 5)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(4 to 5)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(18 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
+(11 to 15) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(3 to 5)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (3 to 5)
Socketed (1)
Defense: (310 - 334) to (389 - 419)
Required Level: 22
Required Strength: 56
15% Cast Speed
+(8 to 9)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(8 to 9)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(8 to 9)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(41 to 52)% Enhanced Defense
+(21 to 25) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(9 to 11)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (9 to 11)
Socketed (2)
Defense: (754 - 805) to (938 - 1001)
Required Level: 40
Required Strength: 201
25% Cast Speed
+(12 to 13)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(12 to 13)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(12 to 13)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(64 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 35) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(15 to 17)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (15 to 17)
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1104 - 1173) to (1358 - 1443)
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 402
30% Cast Speed
+(14 to 15)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(14 to 15)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(14 to 15)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 40) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(18 to 20)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (18 to 20)
Socketed (2)
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'LoFal'
Runeword Level: 73
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
15% Block Speed
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(10 to 20) to all Attributes
5% to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana +30%
Physical Resist 5%

Plague Avatar Damage: 28k-58k
Damage w/Koth Bloodlust: 28k-65k
Energy: 1425

I'd be happy to hear some criticism on my thoughts; I'm still learning. So far psn dudu is my strongest character, which isn't saying much.
WReckLess
Sasquatch
60 | 1
The problem with poison duration is DPS remains the same, therefore clearspeed only increased with less casts (i.e. if you need 2 casts for kill on 1 sec poison, if you increase poison duration to 2 sec, that would be enough to kill stuff after one cast). And this stat useless when poison duration enough to "1 shot" things.
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
WReckLess wrote:The problem with poison duration is DPS remains the same, therefore clearspeed only increased with less casts (i.e. if you need 2 casts for kill on 1 sec poison, if you increase poison duration to 2 sec, that would be enough to kill stuff after one cast). And this stat useless when poison duration enough to "1 shot" things.

I'm very confused. Monsters that die faster require less time to deal with, and deal less damage. This directly increases clear speed.

https://docs.median-xl.com/MXLU_vXVI_Doc_v2.96/poison.html wrote:1. Poison duration does not affect poison damage per second. In other words, if you do 100 damage per second over 10 seconds, your total damage would be 1000. If you add 5 more seconds, your damage per second won't decrease to 66 (1000:15=66). Instead you will do 1500 total damage (100*15=1500). This is a very good thing that many people don't understand so they try to avoid increased duration. The truth is, it can really help if you want to kill an enemy in 1 hit.

2. Poison damage doesn't stack. If you hit an enemy with an attack that does 100 damage per second, twice, you won't do 200 damage per second. What actually happens is that the highest damage per second is applied.
Example:
You cast gamma field that has a duration of 20 seconds, it rolls for the damage 8 times in this order-
100, 250, 70, 400, 200, 100, 68, 365.
The damage that will be applied is 400, because it's the highest damage per second. The total damage would be 400*20=8000. This also includes changes in the monsters resist. If you poison a monster that has 50% poison resist, then decrease the resist to 0, the poison damage will increase by 50%. This also works very nice in uberquests because even if an enemy turns immune, it will still continue to take damage if it was damaged before becoming immune (this strategy is usually used with gamma field).

3. Poison damage is the only element that triggers on kill procs.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Or perhaps I'm just delusional; it's hard to tell.
WReckLess
Sasquatch
60 | 1
ryunp wrote:Gearing
I don't see much emphasis on Poison Skill Duration. Gains from this are multiplied independently, similar to -% Res.

I thought that you appreciate poison duration over poison damage. So I was trying to tell that psn duration doesn't increase DPS, only lenght, and if you already able to kill monster with 1 cast, then further increase of poison duration adds nothing in terms of clearspeed. Before that sure, less casts - > more speed (although time under poison the same).

I'm complitely agree with wiki quote.
Sorry if i'm understand your post wrong.