Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
fixed :) thank you !
MadeLaidMan
Acid Prince
47 | 0
Making another bow druid build for #36? What'll be the difference between that and the other one, other than less focus on summons and more damage with skills?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
MadeLaidMan wrote:Making another bow druid build for #36? What'll be the difference between that and the other one, other than less focus on summons and more damage with skills?
yes, this new one doesn't use any summons at all (that 1-pointer acid fiends in the skillplan is just for doing the witch queen minigame/BRC trial of fear and certain ubers where some summons are required to get the job done easier - see Bartuc/Butcher as example) , but it will also be using crossbows. i was away for the weekend and i'll continue working on it starting tomorrow .
nghnanh
Destroyer
6 | 0
is the celestia set good for spearzon? And what skill do you think is better, great hunt or pounce?
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Celestia is nice, and Punce is more fun
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Celestia full set is decent for a mid-game Hyena strike build , but it's not ok for a pouncing build . pounce doesn't trigger "on attack" , therefore the stormblast proc would be wasted by using that set with a pounce build .

regarding the fun / no fun/ less fun/more fun it's all subjective . it depends on what you like to do . if you prefer action and fighting face to face , landing the killing hit , then pounce is not for you . if however you like jumping from target to target waiting for them to die , then you should go for pounce .

at least for me , a pure pouncing build is not suitable . i get bored from all that jumping and it seams retarded . some seam to enjoy it .

play both options and see what's best for you . good luck !
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
the updates on the compilation will be left in stand-by until the new patch will be released viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6211 , as there's no point for making the updates twice since they are already taking a lot of time anyway . Meanwhile i'll be testing the barbarians and the assassins , so that when the new patch comes out i may be able to prepare the updates for them faster .
vilski
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'd like to hear your opinion on the barbarian caster build. It was one of the funniest and most enjoyable builds I have played a few patches ago. Do you still think it is viable with the removal of clutch MOs?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
the M2017 MO changes did not nerf the build much . You can still get enough -%enemy resistance by using crafts/other gear parts in order to be efficient . The future updates to the build might include the usage of other oskills beside the usual ones (apocalypse/devouring cloud) , or actualy replace them with new ones for mid and end game . For example , a good roll of
Geleb's Greed
Geleb's Greed
Light Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: 1608 to 1830
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 115
1% Chance to cast level 37 Fire Fountain on Death Blow
+1 to All Skills
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(23 to 31) to Pyroblast
+200% Enhanced Defense
+5 Fire Absorb
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (4)

Curse of the Zakarum
(Zakarum Set)
(pyroblast) will make it more efficient in the ubers where you fight vs small packs of opponents at a time , as pyroblast deals way more damage than Apocalypse in a shorter radius . Same goes for 2x
Frigid Chopper
for up to 46 points into Freezing gale, and probably other options too .

when i first added it to the compilation ( 2010 )it used dual
Apostasy

Apostasy
Scepters

'GhalGhalArc'
Runeword Level: 100
+(3 to 4) to All Skills
+50 Spell Focus
+(7 to 10)% Bonus to Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(28 to 32) to Frozen Crown
+(28 to 32) to Pyroblast
(21 to 30)% Bonus to Defense

(cataclysm) https://web.archive.org/web/20110911194 ... f3da348f20 and i am still considering this option for the future updates , i also have in mind 2x
Oris' Herald

Oris' Herald
Scepters

'ArcIgnVenFulGlaGul'
Runeword Level: 100
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
+5% Bonus to Spell Focus
15% Attack Speed
35% Cast Speed
+(15 to 20)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(30 to 35) to Magic Missiles
+1000 Defense
25% to Energy
Physical Resist 10%
(magic missiles vs elemental immunes) and a few others . We just have to wait and see what the new patch will bring :)
MadeLaidMan
Acid Prince
47 | 0
Since patch 1.1 will be rebalancing a lot of character skills will you be going through your list of 2017 updated builds to see of they still work afterwards? I of course dont expect you to start from lvl 1 do LC1, Ennead, Etc. to see if they lvl well.