Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
HechtHeftig wrote:
ScarletEdge wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
notforkeeps wrote:Have you attempted Kabraxis with this build?

Actually, yes, I have.

He has the soulstealer affix so you can't use any summons. I tried him once before and got him down by 1/3 using only Psyonic Storm from Kerrigans Chest (I didn't have Manastorm back then). I think it's possible. But most likely it's easier with flamestrike oskill from Ladon (Xis).

However it has been long since I tried him.

Curious - if you're gonna use a Fire spell then why not just Funeral Pyre? It's what L H always suggested. I've never had any experience using Flamestrike in actual gameplay so I wouldn't know.

Well, it's just that I don't like that spell for 2 reasons:

1: you have to target the enemy directly. That means that you have to be in range of seeing him when you first encounter him, lock on him and keep the target locked. Flamestrike has more freedom just like Psionic Storm. You can daamage enemies when you don't see them with those skills, but that's impossible with Funeral Pyre.
2: the damage is spread over several seconds, making the skill shine when the target stays at the same spot for a long time, but hence it also reduces the overall damage when the target is teleporting/moving all the time.

I simply don't like the mechanics. If it works for you, sure go ahead and use Funeral Pyre. It's just not a spell for me.

True, it's kind of inconvenient that it requires a target. But while it does spread the damage over several seconds, the spell actually follows the target wherever it goes for the duration of the spell, albeit slowly so most of the time it doesn't even hit.
Napoleon69
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Hey, is it much of a problem if I accidentally forgot about the first 2 challenges and got to level 85 before remembering them?
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Sadly yes, your char will struggle a lot without Elemental Prism.

The Ennead Skill isnt all that important for a Summoner and you can easily circumvent this obstacle by making a new character and cubing your class charm with said character and transferring it to your original one.

For LC1 my advise is to look for another char you want to play and do LC1 twice with that char, to give one Prism to the original one.
Napoleon69
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Ok I'll do that thanks for the help. :)
servii
Stygian Watcher
40 | 3
Hello and thanks for the guide-can you tell me what are the breakpoints for Caster(Summoner) Necro? Im mostly interested in FCR&FHR breakpoints so I can summon faster/safer.
Thanks in advance!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
servii wrote:Hello and thanks for the guide-can you tell me what are the breakpoints for Caster(Summoner) Necro? Im mostly interested in FCR&FHR breakpoints so I can summon faster/safer.
Thanks in advance!

TBH: I never really bothered with the breakspoints for this build. Because the main use would be summoning faster, which I achieved with 5 fcr jewels in the staff. (In really lategame you get so many+skills that you don't need any minion life jewels anymore and still reach about 85k minion life of ranpagors)
Muranty
Thunder Beetle
51 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Will you update guide after patch 1.1 ?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Yes I plan to do that.

There is not much difference. Only the frostclaw totem became a little bit weaker.

But I'll have to upload new videos since lots of uber areas change
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
First impression:

this build is still viable. In fact it got even buffed for early game (that's as far as I can tell for now) because what used to be a curse (vindicate) is now an even stronger buff and it increases damage more than previously. It doesn't even matter that the healing effect is gone. The damage buff should affect even endgame and thus the total damage you deal should be higher, resulting in a better clearing speed.

You notice that frostclaw totem was nerfed a bit, but it's not that bad. TBH this is the first time that Frostclaw totem actually feels somewhat balanced. It doesn't instagib bosses anymore. On /p8 I actually had a 2-3 minute fight against baal in hatred with a new summon nec, whereas in the previous version baal was simply instagibbed even on /p8. But I guess that's mostly because baal now teleports a lot on being hit just like Quov Tsin.
Quash
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
Also following this build... Just hit lvl 120, and managed to do jday (fully with both bosses downed simultaneously) with around 5-600k gold reviving the merc and a lot of game remakes (though running Ranger to see how broadside work vs. bosses, and war spirit for mild AoE HP softening). Gear was unique T6Marrow Staff, Ith RW in T2 Gothic plate, and Honorific Belt, Boots + Gloves and a rare Tiara with some minion stats. I went with keeping Lamia's and Rampagor's quite high in base skillpts, 1 pt in Frostclaw. Smax'ish the suggested Death Fury Totem and Howling + Embalming... The build even without using the Frostclaw totem much and focusing more on minions has been working great. Did a "full" TA clear by killing all 3 Priestesses on Destruction, even though I did die quite a few times, it was still doable with 5k defence and trash gear :) Great guide mate.

Super solid league starter / farmer. 9½ / 10