M2017 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Kronos
Prowler
16 | 0
Hiya suchbalance! long time, no speak. No, I have not used any of the features of plugy at this point. I used the respec option from Akara when the problem occurred. It still does not explain why the problem occurred prior to having to do a re-spec. Seems bizarre that not only the skills points disappear but the spells from the interface instantly, for no apparent reason. I then tried loading my char into the MX offline tool and it did not want to correct the issue either. Just said I had no points. When I selected a re-spec in MX offline, same result. Gave me 0 skill points even though I was a Lvl 9 sorceress. cheers!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Can you provide some screenshots?

That doesn't necessarily help to solve the problem, I'm just curious
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Ronthar wrote:UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
ACCESS_VIOLATION(C0000005)

Up until now the only issue I have had is the game lagging really bad when I run into a lot of monster density. As of today though, and nothing has changed with my settings (I have no additional mods, just the game + Median), I am getting the above error when trying to open the game.

Edit: Don't know what caused it, looked through all the trouble shooting topics regarding that error message and nothing worked.... Rebooted my comp and magically the game is running? Duno but problem solved O.o

lag is most probably caused by glide (try to fiddle with the glide settings or changing the video mode). unless you're hitting sprite limit with 2342342 procs/minions in a crowded area, but i doubt it.

when did the error happen?
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Quirinus wrote:
Ronthar wrote:UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
ACCESS_VIOLATION(C0000005)

Up until now the only issue I have had is the game lagging really bad when I run into a lot of monster density. As of today though, and nothing has changed with my settings (I have no additional mods, just the game + Median), I am getting the above error when trying to open the game.

Edit: Don't know what caused it, looked through all the trouble shooting topics regarding that error message and nothing worked.... Rebooted my comp and magically the game is running? Duno but problem solved O.o

lag is most probably caused by glide (try to fiddle with the glide settings or changing the video mode). unless you're hitting sprite limit with 2342342 procs/minions in a crowded area, but i doubt it.

when did the error happen?

The lag I think may have had to do with the compatibility mode not actually taking effect until I rebooted (my guess at least cause it would lag whenever more that 5 monsters were on screen). As to the error code, it would show up immediately when trying to open the game from the taskbar shortcut (was using not using any additional mods and nothing had changed since the previous day I was playing. But like I said, it seems to have worked itself all out after a reboot oddly enough.

Edit: As a side note, I'm only playing single player currently but really loving all the new features and changes (I used to play back in the cay when shower of rocks had its immunity breaking powers). Thinking I will give the online a try when the next season starts!
Kronos
Prowler
16 | 0
Hi all
Screen shot as requested. Happened again. This is my third character. I just reached level 4 and had put some points into some cold/fire skills. As soon as I clicked my attributes as well, bang! I noticed the skills reset to 0 again. Screen shot shows me at level 4, you can see by the attribute points they have not been lost, but my skills are back to 0 again!
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
^ PlugY shouldn't show that big "X" button above remaining skill points (even if you have skill point unassignment option enabled in plugy.ini). Are you using D2 Mod manager?
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kronos wrote:Hi all
Screen shot as requested. Happened again. This is my third character. I just reached level 4 and had put some points into some cold/fire skills. As soon as I clicked my attributes as well, bang! I noticed the skills reset to 0 again. Screen shot shows me at level 4, you can see by the attribute points they have not been lost, but my skills are back to 0 again!

suchbalance wrote:Are you using plugy to respec? Don't.

use belladonna extract (drop from random monsters) or act1 q1
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Can morph skills be made to stay active when switching between acts?
Topken
Prowler
17 | 0
Seems to be having issues with the Blade of the Old Religion quest n Act 3. I find the altar and active it the flames appear and then nothing o Span of the Flayer for me to kill to retrieve the blade.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Topken wrote:Seems to be having issues with the Blade of the Old Religion quest n Act 3. I find the altar and active it the flames appear and then nothing o Span of the Flayer for me to kill to retrieve the blade.

Happens a lot. Just remake the game and try again if you want the quest.