Bow Druid - WIP

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
So this is how you get guide badge nowadays? 5 years old videos, no-brain skillplan and recommendation to invest points into vit as a druid? Respect to admin who actually approved this one. :thumb:
Loremaster
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
I've read all the criticism and I'll be working on improving the areas mentioned. I believe you guys are very right about the vitality thing, I think it would be better invested into more damage. Revisions and additions coming up. Any other criticism is very welcome!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
please enlighten us on how does fairy fire help for this build .

"Faerie Fire - Good choice if your damage output is low but survivability is high."

Cascade - This is my main choice for open areas as you can hit enemies from very far away. It does less damage compared to other bow skills but nothing beats walking into a new area and blasting away monsters a screen away.

makes no f-ing sence . you do know what fairy fire does , don't you ?
Loremaster
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
I updated that description and yes I do know what it does. I wrote it all messed up.
Loremaster
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
I'm revising all the sections I've wrote so far and won't move on to a new section of the guide until its fixed.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
but why not issue the proper gearing and skillplan before posting such "guide" ?

if you ask the comunity in helping you to make this guide then why would you bother making one by youreself ? you seam unable to make one , you are not credible . there are too many things that need(ed) changing in order to (at least) look efficient .

you could have asked for tips in the short questions thread better imo instead of providing misleading info , learn how to build it , and then actualy play it like you recomend for others to do in this thread . Making a guide for a build you have not played properly is full of fail imo .

this is far from being a good guide , at least not untill this point .
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Please....remove the old videos, make your own videos, with your own stuff.

So everyone can see how the chars really works in the areas, its senseless to link videos with older versions. MXL2017 has so many changes in resistances, damage, range, life and so on, please show us actual videos.
Loremaster
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:but why not issue the proper gearing and skillplan before posting such "guide" ?

if you ask the comunity in helping you to make this guide then why would you bother making one by youreself ? you seam unable to make one , you are not credible . there are too many things that need(ed) changing in order to (at least) look efficient .

you could have asked for tips in the short questions thread better imo instead of providing misleading info , learn how to build it , and then actualy play it like you recomend for others to do in this thread . Making a guide for a build you have not played properly is full of fail imo .

this is far from being a good guide , at least not untill this point .

For me, creating this character guide is a fun project that I think many new people could benefit from. Maybe not people who have been playing the game for years and years, though. It is also a work in progress. Editing bbcode in wordpad is not very fun, working on it on the forum allows me to work on it much easier. I have tried using the save draft feature but it has deleted by draft before.

Also, I have played a bow druid to end game more than once, over different versions. Nobody is forcing you to read the guide. I do appreciate criticism but some of your statements are not helpful whatsoever :roll:

The videos at some point will be replaced by my own but they still do an excellent job of showcasing how a bow druid functions, as the skills are still the same.

EDIT: I understand that there is a very high standard of quality for the guides in this forum. I really respect that. My goal is to have this guide rival that same quality. It won't be easy and won't be overnight though.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote: Making a guide for a build you have not played properly is full of fail imo .

Pot calling the kettle black in 2017 lul..

@Loremaster - Try a magic/rare quiver with cryo beam proc if you have the chance. Cryo can freeze enemies which is nice when you don't have a lot of life. Quivers can also roll attack rating, flat stats, druid skills etc. It works pretty well with the Yul bow, Natha helm, tu chain mail and spore shot. Keep up the good work and don't listen to chuck about guides. He hasn't set the bar that high.
Loremaster
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
I don't want to start a flame war :-P

I will check out rare quiver possibilities. Thanks for the heads-up.