Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
annoying cat wrote:yes were talking about sockets. i was thinking about taking those 1% dex and +hp cuz they usually have +res, fhr, ias, etc on top of leech, laek, etc they come more often.

That they do. You're more likely to hit your breakpoints and resist caps with jewels. So if that's the case and you don't mind losing the extra dex then go for it. I only suggested Io because I thought you needed more dex with what stats you were aiming for in jewels.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
ScarletEdge wrote:
annoying cat wrote:yes were talking about sockets. i was thinking about taking those 1% dex and +hp cuz they usually have +res, fhr, ias, etc on top of leech, laek, etc they come more often.

That they do. You're more likely to hit your breakpoints and resist caps with jewels. So if that's the case and you don't mind losing the extra dex then go for it. I only suggested Io because I thought you needed more dex with what stats you were aiming for in jewels.

thanks. i use those when i need that big dex increase.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
annoying cat wrote:
ScarletEdge wrote:

I agree with ScarletEdge. Batsin seems more reliant on high CtB than Melee Sorc, but if you don't absolutely need those 2% DEX jewels to increase your CtB right now, you should be fine with 1% + other useful mods. 2% recommendations are mostly to help maximize a build's potential, especially during mid-game when the difficulty spike can be rather high for some builds (early Ubers, and such). Like you, I don't have endless hours to spend on perfect crafts. If crafted jewels are needed for RWs, I usually just make some that are passable, make the RW, run a few areas, do an Uber, get a few ACs, craft a few more jewels, repeat.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
Solfege wrote:
annoying cat wrote:
ScarletEdge wrote:

I agree with ScarletEdge. Batsin seems more reliant on high CtB than Melee Sorc, but if you don't absolutely need those 2% DEX jewels to increase your CtB right now, you should be fine with 1% + other useful mods. 2% recommendations are mostly to help maximize a build's potential, especially during mid-game when the difficulty spike can be rather high for some builds (early Ubers, and such). Like you, I don't have endless hours to spend on perfect crafts. If crafted jewels are needed for RWs, I usually just make some that are passable, make the RW, run a few areas, do an Uber, get a few ACs, craft a few more jewels, repeat.

thanks. most of my gear now are RWs and still doing easy Ubers since I found out that TA zons hit really hard even when I had defensive equipment on both sin and act5 merc.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
- Early game and mid-game updated.
- Early+mid-game spec and gear reworked (Crafts are no longer required for mid-game).
- LC1, LC2, Ennead, and BRC reworked and updated.
- All mid-game Uber strategies are up-to-date.
- Alternatives to UMOs listed in the end-game gear section.
- Uber locations updated.
- Uber section reformatted to match the docs format.

More to come in the next week or so.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Very nice guide +1!

Sad to read there are still some bugs with sorc in 1.1.2
Let's hope they get fixed soon!
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Why is the Marchosias belt and Crafted boots options no longer on the list? Are they not good anymore?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Revelations wrote:Why is the Marchosias belt and Crafted boots options no longer on the list? Are they not good anymore?

Short answer:
They're unnecessary.

Longer answer:
As a mid-game option,
Marchosias' Hatred
Marchosias' Hatred
Heavy Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3111 - 3455) to (3359 - 3731)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 1
5% Chance to cast level 3 Bladestorm on Melee Attack
3% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +(55 to 60)%
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(6 to 10)% to Strength
Socketed (2)

Marchosias' Essence
(Druid Werewolf Set)
just doesn't impress me. The STR req is too high, the CB is too low, you already have access to Bladestorm (no need to proc it too), and the EWD doesn't boost damage much at that stage. Your Blade Spirits are tanky enough w/o the +Minion Life and the STR boost doesn't help since you'd already need to invest points into STR just to wear it. IMO, the %DR on
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
and more points into DEX are more useful. Plus, Truce will help with farming Toraja (as if Force Blast doesn't make it a joke already), at which point you'll make
Nero
anyway.

As for Crafted boots, proper TUs, Honorifics, and RWs will take you through all of mid-game no sweat. At the end of which, you'll be farming for the full Melee Sorc Set (which will take you through much of end-game) and that slot will be occupied by
Charge of the Goddess
(at that point, you could use Marchosias' Hatred if you like, since you'll actually have flat damage to enhace). Also, oskills such as Whirlpool aren't needed anymore b/c you have Fusillade and Stormblast now.
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
So let's say I've made a lot of abandon crafts but lack a couple of SU's for the end game and do not have the whole melee set. Would it be fine to just use witchunter hood with abandon crafts/vith>auhe/Lionpaws? If I choose to do this, what would be the optimal armor to put the Nih in?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Sure. If you've already got basically a full set of Abandoned-crafts, there's no need to junk them and do more tedious farming just for the Set. Also, you may as well go ahead and craft those boots too. They'll be better than Lionpaw in the long run anyway. Witchhunter's Hood is mostly just to help with Quov Tsin, but the %DR is nice until you can get
Royal Circlet
Royal Circlet
Tiara (Sacred)

Defense: (1740 - 1957) to (1968 - 2214)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 392
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
+50% Damage to Demons
+50% Damage to Undead
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
Elemental Resists +(25 to 30)%
Physical Resist 5%
(21 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
. For Nih RW armor, Ceremonial Armor is gonna be your best bet, but a Kazarghand or higher is fine.

The end-game section is kind of a mess right now. Sorry about that.