goldy
Cultist
23 | 3
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Introduction

Hi there. To help populate the new forum, I thought I'd write a quick javazon miniguide. This guide will focus on a javazon with a (mostly) standard build and physical procs. While there are many effective was to build a javazon, this is my preferred one.

The playstyle is very lazy and easy. Essentially, you will throw a moonbeam and then cast wyrd to proc your javelins. Wyrd simply makes the gameplay less involved for your farming daze. You won't have to aim, and it does the job.

The zon will mainly be used for fautz, but is a good farmer in most popular areas.

Stats

strength: enough for gear (shouldn't need any end game with charms)
vitality: none
dexterity: everything
energy: none

basically you will need to put all your points into dexterity for max block.

Skills

Nontree

Wyrd: This skill will be mo'd into your rings and amulet. Make sure that you have enough points to where the timer lockout is around 0.5 seconds. It shoots a screaming ghost carrying half weapon damage in its shockwaves. This will proc your javelins :)

Javelin Tree

Moonbeam: 1-8 points You can leave it at one point if you do not mind throwing these more often. Add points for duration if you're lazy like me. This skill will give you some very nice damage reduction. You will be beautifully transparent when it is active.

Ricochet: 20 points or so. You'll use this one to start your procs when in a confined area (parts of duncraig or triune), or just after you teleport. Good skill if you just want to throw things, too. :bounce: :bounce:

Enfilade: 1 point. Machine gun javelin. Not really used for me.

Moon Queen: Supermax. That devotion. Adds attack speed, deadly strike, and very delicious life after kill. Nom. :flip:

Fairy ring 1 pt and left overs. You can add more to this if you want fire damage. I don't use it personally.

Neutral Tree

Wild and Free: 5-10 points / leftovers. I like moving quickly, this skill adds speed and hit recovery. Cool sauce.

Summon fire elemental: 1 point. Prereq. Useful sometimes? I don't use them though.

Balance: 1 point. Prereq. Who needs def?

Ecstatic Frenzy: Supermax. YES. This skill is awesome with max block. Adds a bunch of magic damage so you melt necrobots and things even faster. Also makes you run faster....as I said, I like speed.

Defensive harmony: 1-10 points/ leftovers. This slows people. Slower people makes you get hit less. Yay for damage mitigation. I have 11 points in it, but probably isn't needed.

Reward Skills

Curare: Supermax. With great poison damage comes...face melted monsters.

War spirit: enough points for 100% crushing blow with gear. For me, I have 105% cb without any points added, so it's a 1pt wonder. The skill shoots awesome spike novas which will cause more procs and destruction.

TL;DR Skills
► Show Spoiler

Gear

Everyone's favorite section--gear. There are lots of options here, I'll list a few (endgame) choices.

Helm
► Show Spoiler

Armor
► Show Spoiler

Gloves
► Show Spoiler

Boots
► Show Spoiler

Shield
► Show Spoiler

Belt
► Show Spoiler

Weapon
► Show Spoiler

Rings
► Show Spoiler

Amulet
► Show Spoiler

Switch
► Show Spoiler

Sockets
► Show Spoiler

Breakpoints
Make sure that you hit these.
Faster block rate: 174%
Faster Hit recovery: 174%

you shouldn't need to worry about ias, but that one is 133.

Big credit to Wotan -- this build is basically a tweaked version of his mini guide on the old forum. :)

Speacial thanks to Pinball for helping me gather gear. to Brother laz and Marco for the great mod, and to the community for making everything more fun!

This is my first guide, feedback and suggestions are appreciated!
Edited by goldy 8 years.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Woot, someone read my miniguide, even tho it was unfinished.

As far as improving the guide, pics and videos are always nice. You did good job on the format, simple and clean. :thumb:

ps. Marco, really? The old lame emoticons... thats just lazy :hammer:
goldy
Cultist
23 | 3
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Wotan wrote:Woot, someone read my miniguide, even tho it was unfinished.

As far as improving the guide, pics and videos are always nice. You did good job on the format, simple and clean. :thumb:

ps. Marco, really? The old lame emoticons... thats just lazy :hammer:

Thanks Wotan! I'll add some pictures eventually, and maybe turn this into a full guide later. I just added a socket fillers section to the gear--forgot it earlier.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Good mini guide. I'm testing this build and liking this. Also I don't feel needed Wyrd. Can use Ricochet to proc java... maybe save some MO slots for other stats :D

Also TU 6 Chain Mail is a good item for more laggy and leak/reanimate :flip: [/color]
Edited by Pinball 6 years.
goldy
Cultist
23 | 3
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Pinball wrote:Good mini guide. I'm testing this build and liking this. Also I don't feel needed Wyrd. Can use Ricochet to proc java... maybe save some MO slots for other stats :D

Also TU 6 Chain Mail is a good item for more laggy and leak/reanimate :flip:

Ricochet alone certainly works, I just like using wyrd personally. That armor is always good :) You'll have to make up the -pzn resists but that is easily achievable.

added it to alternatives :) :thumb:
RustySpork
Cultist
24 | 1
Love to try this build! Got everything but the shield. Soon as I can find one I'll give it a go.
bravo8800
Vampiress
35 | 0
yes Damaku is core of the build lol.
RustySpork
Cultist
24 | 1
Got very lucky this morning and found a near perfect ethereal danmaku. Only 2 to skills but with 5k def I can't complain.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
RustySpork wrote:Got very lucky this morning and found a near perfect ethereal danmaku. Only 2 to skills but with 5k def I can't complain.

Defense is not the best choice especially once you go with Estatic Frenzy. So you should definitely aim for +3 skills rather than high defense and not to mention losing one socket for indestructible jewel. ;)
RustySpork
Cultist
24 | 1
Good call. Guess I'll reroll it :-)