Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but mercs can seemingly still get above 90% resistances (though not higher than 95%).

nico27
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Deathlord defense bonus is not working properly, or at least is not showing like it should in the LCS. In the screenshots you can see that my def goes from 617k to 618k going from 3 hard points to 26 (and it's 264k without Deathlord in either case). I have 1000% TCD, so the added base defense represents 3.2k which is roughly 28 times my BASE strength+dexterity (1155). By the way, I was always working under the assumption that the description in the skill is wrong, and the bonus applies to BASE strength and dexterity, not TOTAL (if it were total, my defense should be around 3 million...). Using BASE str+dex my calculation is that my defense should be around 886k. In any case, you can see that it gives a huge bonus at level 1* and then it just doesn't go up any further.

*the first pic is lvl 3 because I tested it between lvls 1-3 before taking a screenshot

► Show Spoiler
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
No it's working correctly. However base defence bonus is capped at 32k. The reason you are seeing any defence increase at all is because of the bonus dexterity on the skill, since 4 dex = +1 def.
nico27
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
suchbalance wrote:No it's working correctly. However base defence bonus is capped at 32k. The reason you are seeing any defence increase at all is because of the bonus dexterity on the skill, since 4 dex = +1 def.

OK, I think such a cap should be included in the description (like mana cap for sorceress spells like mana sweep), especially considering that I reach the cap with 1 hard point. I know the skill is buffed by the 21 soft points and over 3 k strength + dexterity and maybe the interactions were designed to increase gradually while levelling, but in any case is a very restrictive cap to be omitted. And in general, I don't know why it should work like that, maybe a diminishing returns rule could be more interesting for making the skill more worthy of investing into for endgame. I guess it already is with the 10% physical dmg given that there aren't many other appealing options for melee necro and adding more defense bonus would just make it overpowered, but maybe there could be a way to make it more balanced and gradual in all its aspects (offense and defense). Anyway, this is just a thought, but at least adding the cap would save a lot of head scratching.

ps: I missed a decimal there, yes, 32k is what I meant
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
It works like that so that it provides a significant enough defence bonus per level when you are undergeared and don't have many stats or + to skills. Then endgame it caps at 32k to be in line with the other base defence passives like Balance or Snow Queen.

Cap will be added to desc in the next update.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
suchbalance wrote:...in the next update.

Any thoughts on the charms feedback I posted some pages ago? (I'm sorry if I'm bothering)

► Show Spoiler
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Just hit Terror Baal, and was dominating all the way up to that point with my necro summoner. For any other build, that telegraphed black-hole looking attack would be fair, but definitely not with a summoner.

Whole minion army is instagibbed. I could ween him down, jump back in portal when army dies, rinse and repeat a numerous amount of times, but that's just dumb. If the attack is magic damage, I would suggest that next patch the minions get a sizable resistance to it, since the AI has no qualms about facetanking a telegraphed instagib attack.

My minion stats at lvl 111 (obviously endgame needs more)-

I should at least say that i'm still really enjoying myself this patch.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
RequiemLux wrote:Any thoughts on the charms feedback I posted some pages ago? (I'm sorry if I'm bothering)

The current stats on the charms represent a certain way of character progression and development. Reworking all the stats just so they are more lore friendly is too much work for what it is worth. Especially when the progression curve of builds will change compared to what people are used to and what is tried and tested. Overall not a bad idea, but it's not very practical.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
suchbalance wrote:The current stats on the charms represent a certain way of character progression and development. Reworking all the stats just so they are more lore friendly is too much work for what it is worth. Especially when the progression curve of builds will change compared to what people are used to and what is tried and tested. Overall not a bad idea, but it's not very practical.

Thank you for the answer
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
c000005 error after hitting the orb cap on a khany rw. i had everything updated to 1.1.3

thanks