Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
annoying cat wrote:approaching end game gears, crafted leather gloves and sash with easy charms. no great runes yet. doing TA trophy runs and K3K for set items. i went back to hammertime cuz my on kill leech is too low for me to sustain under balefire.

Since you're that far along without the Set, Crafts are probably your best option. For TA runs, try swapping out that crafted sash for
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
just for the %DR. It seems like you have plenty of Abandoned Shrines, so craft a Circlet-class helm to make up for the DEX loss from swapping out the belt and Abandoned-craft a Spiked Shield with 2% CtB and 10% DR (this will also help with Toraja farming). You can also try having
Khany
on-switch in TA. Use Stormblast for the tight corridors, then switch back to your main weapon and Bladestorm for open areas.

As for Set farming, try supplementing K3K runs with other areas when looking for Set pieces. For example, A3 Kurast areas, A4 Chaos Sanctuary, and A5 Worldstone areas are full of Elite mobs (I've had good luck with Upper Kurast especially). I've also had decent luck with the Avatars in Khalimgrad.

Regarding the Set, you don't actually need it. If farming for it is too much of a pain (and it is IMO), you can just use crafted gear,
Nero
, and
Hellfire Plate

Hellfire Plate
Body Armors

'IgnJahGurRhal'
Runeword Level: 115
+1% Innate Elemental Damage per 250 Strength and Dexterity
15% Chance to cast level 9 Life Spark on Melee Attack
20% Attack Speed
+250 Fire Damage
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(1 to 2)%
Fire Resist +(10 to 20)%
Lightning Resist +(10 to 20)%
Cold Resist +(10 to 20)%
Poison Resist +(10 to 20)%
Physical Resist (7 to 10)%
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
lul at that neg.

have a cookie to even that out.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
Solege: thanks. i'll get back here if i have problems farming stuff.
Skyfysh
Imp
5 | 0
Hey Solfege, thank you for the guide. It happen to get me back into playing again (well path of exile has me right now :P ) Also with learning the mod as well. Keep up the good work.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Think I'll just start playing with the full set immediately. Would Asheara's belt and der nebelring complement the melee set?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Skyfysh wrote:Hey Solfege, thank you for the guide. It happen to get me back into playing again (well path of exile has me right now :P ) Also with learning the mod as well. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. Hopefully this Feedback Sorc guide turns out well, too.

Muilpeer wrote:Think I'll just start playing with the full set immediately. Would Asheara's belt and der nebelring complement the melee set?

Sure. If you're just looking for something with %DR, then
Ashaera's Armor
Ashaera's Armor
Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 1687 to 1760
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 575
Item Level: 105
+(21 to 25) Spell Focus
+(11 to 15)% to Spell Damage
+500 Defense
(11 to 15)% to Energy
Elemental Resists +(10 to 15)%
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (2)
is certainly better than
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
, and it's a lot cheaper than
Dementia
Dementia
Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3111 - 3348) to (3272 - 3524)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(15 to 25) to Fowl Fight
Slow Target 5%
+(120 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+500 Defense
Maximum Life +2%
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Physical Resist 5%
Requirements +20%
Socketed (2)
. As for rings,
Der Nebelring
Der Nebelring
Ring

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
+(20 to 30)% to Summoned Minion Life
+15% to Summoned Minion Damage
+1000 Defense
+400 to Life
Physical Resist (4 to 6)%
+(40 to 50) Life after each Kill
+2 to Light Radius
is a good choice. Really, it's only drawback is that it can't be orbed.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
i'm having problems in farming elemental runes and going after terul in teganze, however, i almost made it to the middle of the stage until my lappy had BSoD. what's the best res specs that i should aim for.

thanks.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
annoying cat wrote:i'm having problems in farming elemental runes and going after terul in teganze, however, i almost made it to the middle of the stage until my lappy had BSoD. what's the best res specs that i should aim for.

thanks.

Res doesn't really matter there. Umbaru Spirits pierce like 1000% or something, so you could never feasibly stack enough to make a difference. And their high respawn rate makes Teganze as a whole a real pain if all you want to do is get to Terul. Unless you wanted to spec into Fire and max Living Flame, about all you can do is dodge and use your Blade Spirits as shields/distractions. Each Spirit only fires it's elemental ball thing occasionally, so after it's fired, that's the best time to attack. What I sometimes do is try to get a group to fire all their ball things at once, then dodge them all or let Blade Spirits soak them. That way, they're easy pickings for Bladestorm and Fusillade.

Also, what skillplan are you using? I saw a pic you posted in the Screenshot Thread and you had something like 6 Familiars, I think. Just curious what your skillplan looked like.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
i think its like this if remember it right.

Max -moonstrike, Baneblade, Fusillade
24 points - warp armor
25 Points – snowqueen, familiars
1 Point - Wraithsword, Blade Spirits, Bladestorm, Nova Charge, Symbol of Esu, Force Blast.

beaten terul last night. earlier i'm trying to survive farming fautz for the great runes and completed the whole melee sorc set and i'm using it for farming fautz, i think i'm not killing mobs fast enough and it takes some time cuz i need to replenish moon cookies a lot in between mobs.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
annoying cat wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Good to hear you made it through Teganze. I'm not a huge fan of Umbaru Spirits respawning.

As for Fauzt, Necrobots make it a real pain for a Phys/Magic-based Melee Sorc. CB doesn't work on them and you can't leech off them. Even w/ Stormblast, it still takes too much time to kill them, and every attack spent using Stormblast is one less opportunity to leech off other enemies. TBH, I never go there with this build unless I have to. It's too obnoxious.

Looking at your skillplan, why so many points into Familiar? Again, just curious.