MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
That is wonderful, Whist! Hirelings need MOAR love!

whist wrote:Damage display in the stat screen isn't rounded at 10K anymore

Question about the pictures shown with the Imbue. The inventory doesn't have a separated stash like in previous pictures (which my guess would be for charms). Did this idea get scrapped or put on the back burner, because I thought it was an incredible idea. Limiting the space you had for charms, would make choices a relevant option for charms. On top of that, it would keep them from eating up inventory space.

Cheers!
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
adamo68 wrote:That is wonderful, Whist! Hirelings need MOAR love!

whist wrote:Damage display in the stat screen isn't rounded at 10K anymore
(pic)

Question about the pictures shown with the Imbue. The inventory doesn't have a separated stash like in previous pictures (which my guess would be for charms). Did this idea get scrapped or put on the back burner, because I thought it was an incredible idea. Limiting the space you had for charms, would make choices a relevant option for charms. On top of that, it would keep them from eating up inventory space.

Cheers!

Fantastic work whist. You're a huge part in this community. Your work and most importantly your dedication doesn't go unrecognized by us.

In regards to the charm space, I also hope this hasn't been scrapped. I would hope at least for a sectioned off portion of the inventory that pick up's don't automatically go into, but can place all items in such if you choose. Just for convenience to see what charms you currently need left instead of searching your inventory mixed with other possible items. It's such a small thing that most players won't be too worried about, so I can understand why it would get removed... But you're the boss whist. ;)

P.S. I'll miss "No nothing, punk!" :lol:
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
About the separated inventory section, this was originally meant for cycles only, and then was going to, perhaps be used for just charms in general, but the general idea of having a separated inventory section was delayed. Developing this properly and without issues takes time and research. Some time ago we've made a task list, focused on priority tasks in order to finally release a first patch as soon as possible, and this one didn't make it to the list.

Still, I'm keeping the idea in mind and it may come back in a future MXLS patch.
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
whist wrote:About the separated inventory section, this was originally meant for cycles only, and then was going to, perhaps be used for just charms in general, but the general idea of having a separated inventory section was delayed. Developing this properly and without issues takes time and research. Some time ago we've made a task list, focused on priority tasks in order to finally release a first patch as soon as possible, and this one didn't make it to the list.

Still, I'm keeping the idea in mind and it may come back in a future MXLS patch.

Please please please, keep a charm section in mind. This would make for new and dynamic choices. No longer would you just go and gather ALL the charms mindlessly; but with a limited amount of space where charms can go choices and decisions become a factor. Similar to how there are only 2 ring slots, and not 10.

Thank you for responding Whist!
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I don't think a limited storage of charms would be a good idea. Unless some sort or re-balancing of the charms happen, there are obvious charms to take, or not to take, and not one of them make them unique from one another. It'd be almost pointless to have a limited amount of charm space to the point you can't get all the charms.

The only way I could see this happening and being kinda cool, is if charms were much more unique, as in, this charm gives me this skill, or this aura. I want to mix and match these two buffs from these charms and I'll sacrifice this resistance charm etc etc. In order to accomplish the feeling of "making a build" through a choice of what charms to go for.

But the way I'm envisioning it, there'd be a lot fewer charms to balance it properly. For example, perhaps charms can carry new bonuses as such of what we've seen on those new Sacred Uniques. oSkill only charms maybe. Just something to make them more... Different.
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Zennith wrote:I don't think a limited storage of charms would be a good idea. Unless some sort or re-balancing of the charms happen, there are obvious charms to take, or not to take, and not one of them make them unique from one another. It'd be almost pointless to have a limited amount of charm space to the point you can't get all the charms.

The only way I could see this happening and being kinda cool, is if charms were much more unique, as in, this charm gives me this skill, or this aura. I want to mix and match these two buffs from these charms and I'll sacrifice this resistance charm etc etc. In order to accomplish the feeling of "making a build" through a choice of what charms to go for.

But the way I'm envisioning it, there'd be a lot fewer charms to balance it properly. For example, perhaps charms can carry new bonuses as such of what we've seen on those new Sacred Uniques. oSkill only charms maybe. Just something to make them more... Different.

Indeed that would be the wonderful to have an overhaul of charms. Where they gave unique benefits that would make decisions a thing, rather than just piling up every and all charm you can get your hands on. This would also allow for a wide number of charms to be brainstorms and spread across many different parts of the game.
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
adamo68 wrote:
Zennith wrote:I don't think a limited storage of charms would be a good idea. Unless some sort or re-balancing of the charms happen, there are obvious charms to take, or not to take, and not one of them make them unique from one another. It'd be almost pointless to have a limited amount of charm space to the point you can't get all the charms.

Indeed that would be the wonderful to have an overhaul of charms. Where they gave unique benefits that would make decisions a thing, rather than just piling up every and all charm you can get your hands on. This would also allow for a wide number of charms to be brainstorms and spread across many different parts of the game.

choosing between charms would lead probably to a skipping of some challenges/ubers in some cases. i would like to be rewarded all the way for the content i play with something i can have all the time rather then dropping some charms off to exchange for others ill also have to do a challenge for.

on the other hand, depending on how the different bonus stats on the charms would evolve in sigma, it might be interesting. with the current charms i would like to be able to have all of them in my inventory without wasting inventory space for loot, etc.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Jaxon wrote:
adamo68 wrote:

choosing between charms would lead probably to a skipping of some challenges/ubers in some cases. i would like to be rewarded all the way for the content i play with something i can have all the time rather then dropping some charms off to exchange for others ill also have to do a challenge for.

on the other hand, depending on how the different bonus stats on the charms would evolve in sigma, it might be interesting. with the current charms i would like to be able to have all of them in my inventory without wasting inventory space for loot, etc.

Actually, I think that idea is really nice. If there are stats on a charm that you don't necessarily need, don't farm it.

However, depending on how unqiue those charms are you're bound to make choices. What if you want to do laz and never did optical detector because it doesn't benefit your build at all. But suddenly you have OW and need to adjust less of your gear to gain OW. Just swap out a charm and you're done. These kind of choices would forcefully put a more strategic way of approaching the ubers in focus. (EDIT: What I'm talking about is: you can still do all the charms and keep them in your stash since you don't know when you'll be able to make use of their unique abilities/stats)

That would also make ubers more interesting. Like there are ubers that only profit casters, other ubers only profit melee and others only profit ranged wdm, while other ubers profit only summoners.

Depending on your choices you'll be able do ubers more easily if you know which stats would give you the easiest time.

That would also mean that stats on charms could be increased, since you can't use them all at once anyway. That would give a much more rewarding feeling to the players even for weaker and easier charms.
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
► Show Spoiler

Actually, I think that idea is really nice. If there are stats on a charm that you don't necessarily need, don't farm it.

However, depending on how unqiue those charms are you're bound to make choices. What if you want to do laz and never did optical detector because it doesn't benefit your build at all. But suddenly you have OW and need to adjust less of your gear to gain OW. Just swap out a charm and you're done. These kind of choices would forcefully put a more strategic way of approaching the ubers in focus. (EDIT: What I'm talking about is: you can still do all the charms and keep them in your stash since you don't know when you'll be able to make use of their unique abilities/stats)

That would also make ubers more interesting. Like there are ubers that only profit casters, other ubers only profit melee and others only profit ranged wdm, while other ubers profit only summoners.

Depending on your choices you'll be able do ubers more easily if you know which stats would give you the easiest time.

That would also mean that stats on charms could be increased, since you can't use them all at once anyway. That would give a much more rewarding feeling to the players even for weaker and easier charms.

Personally I think it might decrease the motivation of farming certain charms if they stay similar to what they are now, which would make some areas/bosses useless. It really depends on how the charm stats will look like, but I get what you are trying to say. It might work out with procedually changing the charms for better ones if it fits in a progressive increase of difficulty, so we will kind of need (or should have) some easier charms to get harder ones which give a huge benefit over the easier charms to let you swap them out. It might work out like that and give you a nice gaming experience but i am not yet convinced; just my personal opinion.

I really like the idea of the seperate stash for charms though.
david1865
Vampiress
38 | 0
When will Sigma get released?