Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Prime_Evil wrote:Hi, im Ajit Pai and i suggest removing Neutral tree from Paladin because i hate neutrality.

Hi. I am the rest of the world speaking and I suggest removing Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un from existence because I love neutrality.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Nice community, nice offtopic.
Aseki
Prowler
18 | 0
Hello, i would like to suggest a following things:

Suggestion topic #1
Symbol of ESU/Full Rejuvenation Potion: Enable usage on mercenary as well, because the Full Rejuvenation Potion in this game doesn't exactly works the same as the official game; it just simply heal both health & mana at the same rate as a Greater Healing Potion. However, many people will think this is really overpowered for sorceress class to have such advantages.

Therefore to be fair for all classes, I think there should be some sort of uberquest at impossible + tricky difficulty in order unlock the following feature:
1) Enable Symbol of ESU usage on mercenaries.
2) Enable Full Rejuvenation Potion similar restoration of 100% hp/mp like the old days.
3) Add a crafting recipe for Full Rejuvenation Potion: Greater Healing Potion + Mana Healing Potion + Perfect Gems --> Full Rejuvenation Potion

Suggestion topic #2 (I guess the Ai things would takes a lot of works & many trials of errors. You can simply ignore this suggestion.)
- Add amulet & ring slot for mercenaries. I think it would be nice for mercenary to have this feature fully similar to main character.
- Ai-commands that control their action: Aggressive, Defensive, Balance, Retreat (It is basically a feature where you can have your mercenaries play specific roles and avoid dying. However, many people would argue that gold is easily obtained from selling rates, and they are very cheap to revive them, but I think it would be nice to have this feature.

1) Aggressive - going all out doing all the agree & tank. Forcing bosses/minion/mobs to attack your mercenary.
2) Defensive - playing it safe. Mercenaries will have chances to dodge incoming damage, and allowing themselves to use potion in your belt inventory (only works with slot 1.
3) Balance - Doing both aggressive and defensive.
4) Retreat - Fully retreat and dodging incoming attacks.

Suggestion topic #3
An uberquest that enable a feature where you can upgrading/improves certain character's abilities to an enhanced version (Just like in D3, path of exile, or avebel online).

Condition: An uberquest at impossible + trickery enable upgrade/improve character's abilities. You can only choose one of them.
Example: Sorceress's Abyss: an orb summoned & create a spiral around it (center orb does not damage)
(I will provide pictures later for demonstration)

1) Enhanced version 1 (Spread) : Creating a spiral similar to Paladin's Holy Hammer where the spiral start in the middle & spread out-ward.
2) Enhanced version 2 (Focus): Creating additional spiral near the 1st layers of the spiral.
3) Enhanced version 3 (Mobility): Create a moving spiral (similar to a frozen orb, but the radius of the spiral decreased

That's about it. Let me know what do you guys think!
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The perk of having symbol of esu is an instant heal. I think it would be kinda silly to make every class have that ability, especially if it requires a ton of extra transmuting (which ultimately, the goal is to reduce the amount of clicking needed for recipes like that). MXL has a much higher density, so in theory and most practical cases, you'll be leeching or regenerating somehow to make the instant heal rejuvenation potions seem negligible anyways.

For the enhanced skills, I guess it seems like a cool idea to an extent, but that's a lot of extra creation and animating for minimal changes to the skill, in the big picture, I think. Though it does increase variability in builds and skill speccing, you'd have to constantly rerun one "impossible difficulty" uber just to change your skill, which could make a massive difference in your interest for the moment -- if you want to fight a heroic boss for single target, having that enhanced version 1 spread would likely lead to a decrease in damage if you're covering more AoE instead of a focused single target spell. There are a lot of people that don't run all the content on their own, skipping most of that endgame "impossible" stuff, so on one hand, it could lead to more players trying later content just to access new skill abilities, but also deters a lot of players who prefer to pay-to-win or be rushed, etc.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Playing Omega 003 right now as a treewarden and noticed the old Idol of Scosglen.
Basically it:
>Gives you 35% DR
>a sick defense boost (starting at 140% and +40% per every hard point)
>slows you down instead of making you faster (-50% velocity but the reduction is decreased by 5% for every soft pt)
>no shatter waves during its duration but 1 really strong wave when it ends

I think it's sick and epic as fuck because it actually gives you the feeling of "turning to stone" rather than making you 3 times faster like it does in current versions, and I think the old one should be implemented back, and even tho the defense bonus is OP as hell u have to consider treewardens don't really have a lot of defense as is, and I think it's a nice solution but to make it more balanced you should make the velocity reduction either a static -50% or have the reduction decreased by 1-2% every HARD point rather than by 5% every soft point.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:so if an opponent steps over a hawk talons that you plant , and that explodes into a shitload of axes that deal weapon damage , that's not a trap

i see

Hm, let's consider it closer...
► Show Spoiler

1) Requires a throwing axe
- very well, perfect for assassin. I can even imagine Crucifyssin back to Median XL just to... put a trap?
2) Trap duration: 10 Seconds
- nice one - above 3 times better than ATMG and other assassin traps.
The build with that oskill will fit perfectly to the forthcoming patch assassins.

What do you call ATMG, SMG, and Broadside then?

ATMG, very well. Let's coniser it too!
► Show Spoiler

1) No item kind requirements
- skill expecially for assassin (as u can see on the picture)
- very well, assassin can now play with a maces and hammers. Much fun!
2) 10% weapon damage
- hmm, comparing to Hawk Tallons it seems quite sh*tty, isn't it? But nvm - assassin got tousands of ele dmg she can add to that mighty skill!
3) Rate of fire - 12.5 / sec
- and it's the only good thing in that skill.
4) Duration - 3.2 second
- with all charms done ;) (oh, except Laz. He can kill his totems this ladder so - quite undoable for me. Shame on me!)
Reasuming - u call ATMG trap. To deal REAL dmg it requires:
a) tons of additional dmg
b) tons of fcr to deal any worthy part of it in same time
c) num-lock way of play - no way to deal dmg with that skill and play dinamically (which is assassin suposed to play like)
d) tons of weapon damage to improve ... 10% wd?
e) dunno, luck to not be killed standing and spamming it around whilst?
But it is called TRAP by you. You also indicated some other traps, let's consider them!
► Show Spoiler

1) 66% weapon damage
- have i mentioned the Hawk Tallons deal 90% wd? But Broadside it - ofc - truly op! (especially comaparing to 3/2 wd, two ladders ago)
2) Ranged skills locked out for...
- and that's the point with Broadside. It used to be great close combat skill in throw skill set old times. Now it's so balanced i found no assassins using broadside on The Sin War (another skill to be replaced soon?). Minimum ''lock out'', so kind of spell timer, cooldown, whatever - like 7/6.8 seconds in the endgame. Nice, nothing better to use Broadside, see it missing the main goal, and run around like a fly for 7 secs (flyssin?).
3) Much knives total.
- O.K., much knives, but those smart knives choose the objects randomly, so u can cast it near - for example - diablo or mef and Broadside will shoot some sort of mob near, dealing no dmg to the boss.
4) Broadside is like a melee skill. U have to be very close to cast it effectivly. And even standing on the aim won't ensure it will do its job well. But, whatever - holydin can spam it with no lock outs/ cooldowns/ spelltimers atm - play trapdin!
But LH called it 'trap'. Very well, he also told about some other trap. Let's consider the last one!
► Show Spoiler

Arrrrrgh! That one sounds hot! Let's use it! ;)
► Show Spoiler

It is truly trap, LH - my assassin became a trap spamming numlock skill, whilst my merc became a main hero!
Bet up to the point...
1) 40% weapon dmg
- have i mentioned The Hawk Tallons deal 90% wd?
2) no more abilities on it
- good, as we established game should be simple enough. SMG perfectly fits to this idea - with it you can just stand and press right mouse only to dmg single target. That's what i expected from a REAL trap!
- btw, why, if it's so easy, i met no SMGssin on The Sin War... ever?
3) It's close to the inferno sorc from D2LoD, which is well known for the best trapmaster in game ever!
4) SMG can truly be much funnier than a traprat (and farely more op, ofc!)
Thx a lot, m8s, now i discovered Median again xD

(...) I dont remember seeing ANYONE using them the way u said which is putting them and luring mobs into them. (...) What I want to say is, why ppl play MXL? bc it brings them a much faster and more action gameplay, ppl wanna run around, jump in enemy face, slap them, kick them, kill one whole room of them right when blinking in that room, PROACTIVELY, so why give them the boring statis things which they would most likely ignore? And on top of all that, giving them to an assassin which is the most mobile char in this game?

The style you described is closely to the pouncessin. Realise that there are many ppl here, and it is not obvious that they prefer pounce style of gaming. If so, they choose pouncezon, pouncessin, warewolf, etc. To be 'mobile' doesn't mean the same as to be 'rushing all the time'. Do you think that necromelee is 'mobile' playing with 1-2 skills with, all the time?
If it would be so clear, that ppl play Median only coz of blink and hit enemy, like you said, so why bowazon, druid-bow are so popular? It's range, using not much skills, and not so fast (mb with maxed ecstatic frenzy and 150% faster run, rapture and beacon buff, but it's a case of gear). They are popular each ladder coz many ppl here like that play-style.
You say about playing mobile but it doesn't exclude playing strategically. If so, ppl would never made tantrumdin against summoning uberquests. Even your Limpet Laser assassin spammed her traps around before casting a summoning spell. Why, if she were supposed to 'blink and hit', as you procaimed? Because the player with that build thought before action and planned to deal more dmg just in time he summoned the enemy. That's why some ppl choose other than pounce-style builds. They like to plan their strategy.
Another case, ....
For many years i thought that Median XL most important point is to do the uberquests. I can agree that pounce-style is quite effective in The Secret Cow Level, Tran Athula, Fautzville, but how can you argue this build can deal against the the Startled Witch (forgot the new name, sorry) or the Brother Laz /Archbishope Lazarius? Just to say ''it's to hard so noone do this'' or ''it's no point to do this uber coz i can buy everything for TG just to spend my game farming cows all the time"?
Those, what you truly described, is called ''farming''. If u play Median XL only for farming - well, you got right; pounce-style is close to be perfect for that case.
I know that many ppl here starts Median XL with donation like 500TG+, but after entering the game with all charms on start, op items they'd probabily never seen on their own eyes, they realise they cannot handle with ubers such as Witch. And they start to claim ''omg, how stupid it is, it's should be removed and i will back to my farming which is the only right way to play this game!", and they do so. Do you want us to belive, that just because of that kind of MXL players we should remove most ubers just in case they don't fit to the pounce-style of gaming?
Btw, why, if you say that pouncessin is so nice, there was only one pouncessin on the Sin War, this ladder? ;)

about the robots, if they put one more summon skill in sin's skills list, what should they remove?

Perfect Being.
all sin's skills are pretty fine as they are now. even if fireball sentry is useless as u said, it should be replaced with another straightly damage skill not a passive one like a summon.

Yep, three ladders ago Spirit of Vengance was very passive and useless. That's why Veil of Magic was just a sig.
bringing back the whole golem tree to create a sin summon build?

Golemssin?
then we have the most damn OP char in the history with a 2s cd blink to move all her summons around and stun mobs, she will be immortal, litterally.

She used to be immortal old Median, with 99% Perfect Being. Don't think she will become immortal just because of one summoning.
Rework blink to make this viable? then all the other skills must be reworked too since blink affect the sin gameplay overall and that is too much for them.

Yep, we'd better rebalance it to make lock out like with Broadside and rebalance barbarian teleport to spam it without any aim to be choosen.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
darkstorm wrote:wall of text

continue this stuff here
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bring back old attack speed of naginatas. I feel like 90-yo granny who can't even pick up her cane.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
@darkstorm

Don‘t get me wrong I love summon uberquests and I find it sad that they‘ll be removed. But it‘s the right step. Precasting spells in order to dominate them easily is shit.

I still remember the times when an Assa could easily farm Tal Rasha scroll which gave +2 to a random class skill (however only your own class skills could be used) and it was freaking OP.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:@darkstorm

Don‘t get me wrong I love summon uberquests and I find it sad that they‘ll be removed. But it‘s the right step. Precasting spells in order to dominate them easily is shit.

I still remember the times when an Assa could easily farm Tal Rasha scroll which gave +2 to a random class skill (however only your own class skills could be used) and it was freaking OP.

Wrote i anything about backing to summoning ubers? O.o
It's not my fault they removed my answer from the Patch 1.2 topic ^^