Harbinger Wolf Druid Full Guide [1.3]

villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
DreamTeam wrote:villur, nice to see you again: I'm having fun with my new trap rat druid at the moment.
But wolves are always dear to my heart. I like the Barb's pet wolf summons, LOL.

I may have to make three Druids to try out all the shapeshifing skills: Treewarden also.

Heyhey

No need to level 3 druids. You can respec very easily later.

Tkorpi wrote:
villur wrote:Did you try a full playthrough of wolf in 1.2 yet? The buffed twisted claw seems to be promising on single-target.

Yes i tried it. The basic consept stays the same but overall leveling as Wolf is now far more easier since damage got buffed and mana per hit got also buff.

Doing brc challenge and early ubers are very easy compared what it used to be.

Only thing i had problem was on 120 gearing since vois rw is now pretty much core item you need to have on order to survive early stages. When you get better armor and charms it gets much easier.

Block version i did last season is now basically immortal since you can get even 86% dodge with right gear :D kappa

PS. Dont even think about equiping wyands fervor before you have talxis sword :D

Did you try Dbaal and all charms with wolf or just some basic ones? Im thinking of leveling as rat and speccing to wolf later, but if you say leveling is much better with wolf now i might try wolf.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
villur wrote:
DreamTeam wrote:villur, nice to see you again: I'm having fun with my new trap rat druid at the moment.
But wolves are always dear to my heart. I like the Barb's pet wolf summons, LOL.

I may have to make three Druids to try out all the shapeshifing skills: Treewarden also.

Heyhey

No need to level 3 druids. You can respec very easily later.

Tkorpi wrote:
villur wrote:Did you try a full playthrough of wolf in 1.2 yet? The buffed twisted claw seems to be promising on single-target.

Yes i tried it. The basic consept stays the same but overall leveling as Wolf is now far more easier since damage got buffed and mana per hit got also buff.

Doing brc challenge and early ubers are very easy compared what it used to be.

Only thing i had problem was on 120 gearing since vois rw is now pretty much core item you need to have on order to survive early stages. When you get better armor and charms it gets much easier.

Block version i did last season is now basically immortal since you can get even 86% dodge with right gear :D kappa

PS. Dont even think about equiping wyands fervor before you have talxis sword :D

Did you try Dbaal and all charms with wolf or just some basic ones? Im thinking of leveling as rat and speccing to wolf later, but if you say leveling is much better with wolf now i might try wolf.

Well all basic charms that Wolf's mechanics enables. Other charns you might have respec to ele or trap rat. I rly think leveling as Wolf is now faster than traprat

Dbaal is easy. It was even easy last season :P
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
I'm a newbie soloing in a password game.
Just got to level 34 and in act 3 (killed Duriel).
LOL, slowly getting there. Act 3 is a long act.
I need to do that challenge at level 50 or before (not looking forward to it).
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
DreamTeam wrote:I'm a newbie soloing in a password game.
Just got to level 34 and in act 3 (killed Duriel).
LOL, slowly getting there. Act 3 is a long act.
I need to do that challenge at level 50 or before (not looking forward to it).

Just check my video on Guide. You can manage it easily with a3 merc :P
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Thanks! I am doing my best. Level 37 now and about to fight Mephisto later (just got Khalim's Flail transmuted). Not sure what stats I need but sort of alternating between strength and dexterity for now. Since I don't know what any of the higher level gear requires stat wise. I am still using the Shapeshift Act 2 merc (werebear) because he looks cool. LOL
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
DreamTeam wrote:Thanks! I am doing my best. Level 37 now and about to fight Mephisto later (just got Khalim's Flail transmuted). Not sure what stats I need but sort of alternating between strength and dexterity for now. Since I don't know what any of the higher level gear requires stat wise. I am still using the Shapeshift Act 2 merc (werebear) because he looks cool. LOL

if you are playing wolf you could just go full str. you can reset stats and skills unlimited times with belladonna potions or den of evil quest.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
I am playing the rat druid at the moment. No clue what the end-game gear is, but I'm keeping my strength and dexterity close together in case there's a nice armor I need strength for, while my daggers require dexterity. And I want good defense and high block chance. I am almost to level 49. If for some reason I am messing my build up I'll respec, LOL. Maybe you can help me figure things out.
Legendaire
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks for this guide, learned a lot from this.

Question, do Wolf Druids benefit from Life Steal?

I am crafting some 15% FHR jewels and I usually make ber for life steal, but if it isn't worth it on druid I could go for Minimum Damage or something else. Thoughts?

Thanks!!
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendaire wrote:Thanks for this guide, learned a lot from this.

Question, do Wolf Druids benefit from Life Steal?

I am crafting some 15% FHR jewels and I usually make ber for life steal, but if it isn't worth it on druid I could go for Minimum Damage or something else. Thoughts?

Thanks!!

No, Wolf Druid doesn't benefit from Life steal, and actually you got a lot of LaeK from Feed The Pack. You should craft jewels with something else.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Fixed Skill build order and also tweaked gear section to be more accurate on this patch. wolf still works as efficient farming character but more after level 121