Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Good luck with doing anything in mxl if you can't progress as holy melee
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Grasshopper wrote:This build is very fragile. Even with decent gear for this stage of the game.

At level 109 I did nightmare Baal and died about 20 times.
Then, I had 4 parts of BRC needing TA only which I wanted to Blessed Life. It was almost impossible to survive in there. I could have kept going back and kill a few more, res and repeat but it was too frustrating so I gave up on this character.

lul are you being serious? :-8
Holy melee is one of the most powerful build in this current patch.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I realised I was playing to slow on this character. Now that I run and attack everything and leech it is much better and kills really fast.

Once I started playing like melee not caster the main problem with getting BRC finished was avoiding the priestesses dying too soon. There were still a couple of very annoying deaths in Tran Athulua though. Not sure I would like this in hc playing self-found.

Getting Blessed Life was a very important thing as well. After that getting through Destruction was very fast up to Act 4 izual has been very easy.
Bojac
Abomination
143 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
WIll update the guide once i finish everything with my char again. Short summary for now:
- Cinadide set is garbage now but its fine, true endgame gear is still the same.( Still a very good option if you're twinking. Put on the set when you hit 120 and stomp the early charms but its no longer so endgame viable.)
- Will need more MS MO'd on gear to counter the MS nerf of dragonmorph
- Leveling is a bit slower but not too bad, could try using 1h and a shield couze Tiered HoG is very slow.
- Your crafted jewels will need more MS AS and maybe some mana leech, also weapon needs a few mana on attack MO's because DJ costs a ton of mana now.
The rest is pretty much the same.
jwei92
Vampiress
35 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
chickenfeeder wrote:
Bojac wrote:
Ntf1015 wrote:
Do you mean TA on terror or destruction? Im assuming destruction. If so, how much defense should I have to safely farm there? I currently have 50% DR so im not worried about that. Thanks.

Destruction, somewhere around 300k def. If you have 50dr i think 250k. TA might be a bit bad if you have 0 charms without a merc. But yeah you have to test it.

I dont think so, this char is a great TA farmer, I have ~200k def and 40% dr (mostly from blessed life) but I cleared TA straightly. Take me about 10 mins, the map is large, but I never stop. Should use retaliate as main skill here instead of divine judgement except when killing bosses. If u keeps reta on rmb and always switch to colosseum u can jump in big packs and kill them all in 2s while u already walk to another pack. Also always keep hoplites up if u r not confident, they r more tanky than u and can tank arrowside when u colosseum. Actually arrowside is very easy to dodge even if it procs right next to u. farming TA is easy and u dont have to worry about dying suddenly like in dunc so u can try to lvl up and farm items at the same time.

btw last night I got to uldy and after 15 mins I took about 1/50 his hp, I know he has high avoid and I had no slow, so I gave up.
Today I did about 20 TA runs and completed the full cinnadine set, maybe I should try again with its 75% slow.

I know this is no longer based off current patch.

But do you think anything has changed?

Also, why not just use solar flare? Or do you just like being able to spam retaliate yourself.

Also, we're you using merc?
Edited by jwei92 6 years.
jwei92
Vampiress
35 | 0
Donated 25 times
Alright sir bojac, i need your help.

This is my gear: https://imgur.com/a/Aj8Im

And I am having such a hard time, tons of things can pretty much one shot me, for example, binding of baal, the horadic mages pretty much could oneshot me.

I have my resistances 80/82/80/82 and ~324k without Bear Stance, 383k with stance.

I don't do enough damage to even kill the tree wardens in Toraja jungles either.

Question is, how do I stop being so dang squishy?

Like quillbears can take half my health, and I have Blessed Life. (54%/204)
Coperniki
Imp
4 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Are you using Colosseum? Drops monsters much quicker. Tree wardens should die without the prolonged death they have near the end of their health.
Tripod
Skeleton
2 | 0
I was having similar problems trying this out in SP.

I put 5 pts into incarnation for the life leech and pushed to raise defense as high as possible. Once I got past 400k there have been no problems. You can drop the MO resists on rings/amulet and put in +100 defense MO. The 1500 flat defense made a big difference. Can always throw on some pul/mal/gul/lo runes into the gloves to make up for missing resists. I also got +all skills on switch for Dragonheart, Vessel, Rapture, and Dragonknight buffs.

As for the Tree Wardens, they have high phys resist so they will always take a while to kill. They are slow so I just ran past them early on until I got better gear.
jwei92
Vampiress
35 | 0
Donated 25 times
Coperniki wrote:Are you using Colosseum? Drops monsters much quicker. Tree wardens should die without the prolonged death they have near the end of their health.

Yeah i am. I found out it was my attack rating which is severely lacking (with Solar Flare, its ~40k)
Tokii
Acid Prince
47 | 3
jwei92 wrote:Alright sir bojac, i need your help.

This is my gear: https://imgur.com/a/Aj8Im

And I am having such a hard time, tons of things can pretty much one shot me, for example, binding of baal, the horadic mages pretty much could oneshot me.

I have my resistances 80/82/80/82 and ~324k without Bear Stance, 383k with stance.

I don't do enough damage to even kill the tree wardens in Toraja jungles either.

Question is, how do I stop being so dang squishy?

Like quillbears can take half my health, and I have Blessed Life. (54%/204)

I would recommend going with early game option for boots and gloves until you have some stats to boost, your rings and ammu only have +skills and nothing else useful, hatred fauzt drops alot of jewelry.
Your AR is like you said a complete joke, get atleast 90% chance of hitting the monsters you are farming.
Your helm has basically 1 decent stat (-enemy res) and can be replaced with rly anything.