Bow Druid - WIP

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
@dreamteam; it is going alright. up to level 50 and its been mostly fun.

@iamq1803; the last character I made a serious attempt on was my xbow necro. I am curious what gear I should be looking for (sacreds, sets, higher level runewords) in order to be able to comfortably do destro. (maybe you could list the gear you last bowdruid used?)
--- What should my target AR, Def, Str, etc be?
--- As for the talent trees, I maxed Life Shield, Symbiosis, Faerie Fire, Cascade, and Spore Shot... while getting my Effin to 1000%.
--- Any and all suggestions are super appreciated.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Well, I don't use BowDruid vs Destroga. BowDruid is not good vs strong single target. I mostly use it for farming purpose.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
iamq1803 wrote:Well, I don't use BowDruid vs Destroga. BowDruid is not good vs strong single target. I mostly use it for farming purpose.

You can definitely make use of single target with the new nova shot and fire pierce since it has a good conversion and WDM % on it now, but you'll need to be in close range. Your best use will be teleporting onto the boss and immediately using nova shot since almost 1/2 of the full spread will hit at one time. But even so, definitely don't try vs Astro simply because of nova shot's range (totem killing) and being in melee of Astrogha causes his Frozen Orb.
Webbhead08
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Tried converting my trap rat into a bow dudu tonight with some decent success. It should be noted I have about 25 of the charms, and 280 sigs eaten so I am sure this greatly helps.

Skill plan:
Smax Symbiosis, Life Shield, Force of Nature, Nova Shot.
7 into laughing ghost (to max elfin wep 1000%), 40 into elfin wep, 26 elven song (20% avoid), 1 into acid fiends, and 1 into all other pre-reqs.

Gear:
Coldhunger helm, Erawan body armor, life crushers for boots, ring of disengage, rare ring, rare ammy, crap quiver, and a nice Windforce I found which works well with Nova shot, my favorite of the skills so far. I switched out of my crafted gloves to Pollice Verso TU6 gauntlets for the mana after kill - since this was my biggest problem. Even with 120 MaeK and 6% mana leech I down my mana sooo fast. Nova cost 370 per attack of 5400 mana atm.

I can run tcow, destruct diablo, and dest nihil no problem (minus drinking 12 mana pots a run) with my current setup, Toraja Jungle was a little hairy and Teganze is slow going. I know I'm not optimized for bow dudu setup with my current gears but thought I would share. Will be trying a few other areas shortly.

Any suggestions on a source of mana gain for bow dudu, especially against single target? Ber craft runes perhaps? Thanks, and hope this helps.

-Web
mrtawsiti3
Banned
56 | 12
Put mana regen MO into ring of disen and rare ring
Biceps
Invader
9 | 0
who will tell me ias and fhr frames? and dont know how to use that speed calculator :D
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Biceps wrote:who will tell me ias and fhr frames? and dont know how to use that speed calculator :D

With Viper Bow, 86 IAS for 10 frame 133 IAS for 9 frame, 133 FHR for 4 Frame.

Speed Calculator isn't hard to use, Select Class > Select Weapon type > Add in WSM (which you can get off documents) > Get your required ratings?
Biceps
Invader
9 | 0
Helzopro wrote:
Biceps wrote:who will tell me ias and fhr frames? and dont know how to use that speed calculator :D

Speed Calculator isn't hard to use, Select Class > Select Weapon type > Add in WSM (which you can get off documents) > Get your required ratings?

i think documentation page doesnt work :/
by the way im using mr. painless, so does it changes ias/fhr?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Biceps wrote:
Helzopro wrote:

It will be the same if its the same weapon speed on the base items page.

Biceps
Invader
9 | 0
L H wrote:
Biceps wrote:
Helzopro wrote:

It will be the same if its the same weapon speed on the base items page.

that what i got..