Totem Hybrid Necromancer

bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
L H wrote:the full malice set will be fine + celestia boots/belt

max embalming, death ward, pestilence, nightwalker, 8pt graveyard, leftovers deathlord

righto thanks!!
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Does the 1.12 patch make other totems come into play now?
Stormeye +20% damage for example.
DhanvanthriN
Skeleton
2 | 0
I also would like to know if Fireheart can be potentially replaced with StormEye now, I remember them being way weaker, but that was because of the mechanics being shitty afaik. Does the damage bump bring it up to par with FlameyBois?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Grasshopper wrote:Does the 1.12 patch make other totems come into play now?

DhanvanthriN wrote:I also would like to know if Fireheart can be potentially replaced with StormEye now, I remember them being way weaker, but that was because of the mechanics being shitty afaik. Does the damage bump bring it up to par with FlameyBois?

Honestly, no idea. I haven't downlaoded the new patch. Been very busy with holidays and end of year events. Haven't logged on to TSW in quite a few weeks now. Missed reset and everything, but I'll try to look into it when the time comes. For now, I guess stick with what is there, though it might be slightly outdated, but feel free to test and let me know your results. Remember, don't go by sheet damage for totems since they usually multihit and the damage will look lower than the real output -- go by how the damage feels with each totem.

Let me know, and good luck for now.
DhanvanthriN
Skeleton
2 | 0
L H wrote:
Grasshopper wrote:Does the 1.12 patch make other totems come into play now?

DhanvanthriN wrote:I also would like to know if Fireheart can be potentially replaced with StormEye now, I remember them being way weaker, but that was because of the mechanics being shitty afaik. Does the damage bump bring it up to par with FlameyBois?

Honestly, no idea. I haven't downlaoded the new patch. Been very busy with holidays and end of year events. Haven't logged on to TSW in quite a few weeks now. Missed reset and everything, but I'll try to look into it when the time comes. For now, I guess stick with what is there, though it might be slightly outdated, but feel free to test and let me know your results. Remember, don't go by sheet damage for totems since they usually multihit and the damage will look lower than the real output -- go by how the damage feels with each totem.

Let me know, and good luck for now.

Will do, the feel really does seem like Lightning Totems are better, but I think it's mostly the fact that the bolts move much much faster.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Changing all the crafts to lightning damage will not be easy. I wonder if it would be easier to compare using T6 honourifics for each of fire and lightning.

I also wonder about using Howling Totem not just because it is boosted by Rathma's Chosen but because it gives crushing blow which may be useful against high life monsters? Even 2% at level 1 from 1 totem would be useful with all those little men hitting all the time. Especially with deadly strike from Rathma.

So I was thinking of trying 1 Frostclaw, 3 or 4 Stormeye (or Fire totems) and swap one of the fire/lightning for a Howling totem when needed.

The developers mentioned Rathma instead of Nightwalker. The concern here is that Rathma does not cover all damage types such as magic damage so the Nightwalker build may still be safer. Also using Rathma means losing Jinn. Has anyone tried the Rathma approach yet?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The guide doesn't utilize CB or physical damage (besides boneyard but thats a spell), so I didn't include anything of the sort. Hecht's summon guide is more along those lines. We don't really get damage from minions at all. They're just our defense. Damage output should be more than sufficient to not worry about CB
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Yes I realise this guide doesn't use CB. I was suggesting that it might add it in one particular situation (when fighting high life monsters).

The way CB works it sounds like it should not need any buffing with physical damage multipliers. I will try it if I come across such a situation.

I was looking for a way to do Quov Tsin. The new map is even more difficult for this build. The last one took half an hour and many deaths. Impossible in hardcore. CB probably will not help with Quov because something has to stay alive long enough to hit. But I am only looking at possible ways to play.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Grasshopper wrote:
I was looking for a way to do Quov Tsin.

Can MO 90 flat dr on rings + amulet, then just find a way to get 60 more. Armors can get a nice amount, some runewords like [item}Craton[/item] give some. You just need:

150 Flat DR
85-90% Max Resist
some source of absorb (some gear piece or Judgment Day Charm) and his beam heals you
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
L H wrote:
Grasshopper wrote:
I was looking for a way to do Quov Tsin.

Can MO 90 flat dr on rings + amulet, then just find a way to get 60 more. Armors can get a nice amount, some runewords like [item}Craton[/item] give some. You just need:

150 Flat DR
85-90% Max Resist
some source of absorb (some gear piece or Judgment Day Charm) and his beam heals you

Thank you yes I read the advice in the main article for the old map. I was confused by the armour r/w which I think is maybe meant to be the one with Zod? Mirage? The one you linked does not seem to have damage reduction. I will try with some DR and 90% resists.

Update. I could not get 90% but I tried with resist 88, 86, 86, 88 and damage reduction at 151. Also absorb charm. It is almost impossible for this character. It would take years and more gold than I can store to buy portals and health potions.
It is very annoying because this charm is very good for this build so making the monster destroy minions instantly like this is not very good game design in my opinion.