Melee Sorceress [1.3]

dongflexer
Bone Archer
77 | 8
Hey, quick question about your choice of endgame gloves. What is the advantage of the Impact Tome over something like
Deadman's Hand
or even
Baron Sludge's Bonecrusher
? Other than 3% CB, what makes it so good?
LG_Blitz
Bone Archer
70 | 5
hey solfege, seeing how you did a Melee and Mana build, do you think you can do a Poison Sorc guide? ive never played one and i think a poison sorc could do well against both bosses and crowds!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
@dongflexer
Flat damage. You have almost 2000% in Physical damage multipliers from gear+skills, so even a tiny bit of extra flat damage can go a long way.

Tbh though, I just use crafted Gauntlets. More versatile+easier to get.

@LG_Blitz
Eh, idk. Don't really like Poison-based builds. Way too many things are Poison-immune by end-game. I did write a very basic Poison Sorc mini-guide for XVI. Was gonna include it in the Melee Sorc guide as an alt spec for farming, but didn't b/c 2017 made Melee Sorc great again.

I'm actually surprised there isn't a Poison Sorc guide already. Seems like people ask about Poison Sorcs fairly regularly.
dongflexer
Bone Archer
77 | 8
Solfege wrote:@dongflexer
Flat damage. You have almost 2000% in Physical damage multipliers from gear+skills, so even a tiny bit of extra flat damage can go a long way.

Tbh though, I just use crafted Gauntlets. More versatile+easier to get.

@LG_Blitz
Eh, idk. Don't really like Poison-based builds. Way too many things are Poison-immune by end-game. I did write a very basic Poison Sorc mini-guide for XVI. Was gonna include it in the Melee Sorc guide as an alt spec for farming, but didn't b/c 2017 made Melee Sorc great again.

I'm actually surprised there isn't a Poison Sorc guide already. Seems like people ask about Poison Sorcs fairly regularly.

Thanks for the reply, explains a lot of gear choices.

How about TTAD modifiers? how valuable are they for this kind of build?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Don't remember for sure, but almost positive TTAD isn't affected by EWD and +%Phys Damage.

Edit:
Also, iirc, TTAD only works on direct melee hits. I think Doom proc from ammys can give it a slight boost, but it won't be much b/c Doom needs Base Points.
silverhand31
Invader
8 | 0
I'm thinking between Melee Lighting Poison vs Melee Lighting Ice.
What do you think about Fusillade for each build?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Personally a big fan of Fusillade, despite it's flaws. Sorc melee skills suck (especially Bladestorm after range nerf this patch), so Fusillade is nice for supplemental damage, and really nice against Act/Uber bosses. Needs a lot of base points to be worthwhile though.

Build-wise, you can go 26 points Fusillade either way. Lightning/Cold is tankier, with more layers of defense so you don't need to rely on summons. Poison/Cold is a bit squishier, making high chance-to-block more important. But you'll have lots of extra points to play around with. And you get the benefit of choosing Miasma as a debuff (sort of like a mini-Chronofield+Force Blast all rolled into one).

Edit:
Just noticed you asked about Poison/Lightning, not Poison/Cold. But build-wise, they're pretty much the same concept. You're just sacrificing Life, flat defense, some DR, and summons for TCD and Avoid.
Edited by Solfege 6 years.
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
First of all thank you for the guide. The layout makes it easy to follow and build-up.

I have a few questions.

1) Is there a reason to not go straight into an abandoned craft Warp Blade? Skipping Grace and Witchblade.
2) When crafting gauntlets/gloves are we mainly looking for ED, Dex, Dex%, and CtC stormblast on melee?
3) The Mysteries set and Witchunter's Hood can drop on Terror in the Uber levels I assume?
4) To farm Terror Uber levels what is a good amount of defense and damage to have?

I think that is it for now.

Thanks again.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
1. Only b/c you're not likely to have enough Abandoned Shrines at that time to craft a good weapon. If you have lots of Abandoned Shrines, then yeah, you can skip the Set. Keep Erawan and Truce, and Abandoned-craft a weapon, gloves, boots, circlet, and a 2% ctb/10% DR Spiked Shield.
2. Pretty much, yeah. DEX/%DEX come natively from the Shrine. ED and Stormblast are just nice extras. +Sorc Skills is also nice for increasing defense and summons' Life.
3. Yes.
4. With Mid-Game gear+Charms, you'll have enough to faceroll Terror TA, K3KBA, and the Torajan Jungles. Skip T-Fauzt farming. The bullshit endured vs. useful drops ratio isn't worth it. My mid-game notes say I had:
Damage = about 3.7k Wraithsword and 5.6k Fusillade.
Defense = about 400k defense, 28% ctb, 38% DR, 28% Avoid, and 9.9k Life.
This was with Moonstrike+Baneblade active, Ice Elementals summoned, no SoL eaten, and gear socketed with Lum Runes.
silverhand31
Invader
8 | 0
I have question about Merc Act3, so do we need a good dame weapon for him or all his skill based on magic, we only prepare good FCR and elmental damage?