Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
madgod wrote:Are there any updated versions for a bowazon guide close to this? following the gear and guide, destruction is nowhere near doable. The missing pierce orbs ans stuff make the damage that this estimates completely off with the current version.

the damage isn't right because this is a very old guide that wasn't updated when the new core was added and all damage was refactored by 8. You might have to adjust some of your gear to get more tri-pierce. Look for more pierce on rare rings and amulets. try to get at least -60% to fire/light.cold
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Roll a blue cryo beam quiver. This will increase your survivability a lot (eg. BRC).

Eris
bow is very useful for many charms like azmodan (dominated mobs lose immunity) + chamber of blood for proc.

Bowazon killspeed is more influenced by crushing blow rather than -res unless it's phys immune. Make sure you complete BRC and max war spirit (island of the sunless sea - yshari and world nexus also give CB). Personally I didn't even use dragonlore until I had a bunch of %DR items and charms, was using moonbeam for 50% dr and huge life regen instead. Using pRainbows is basically mandatory. If you use dragonlore then I'd recommend using the new
Titan's Burden
Titan's Burden
Spangenhelm (4)

Defense: (113 - 131) to (170 - 197)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 11
Required Strength: 34
Item Level: 19
3% Chance to cast level 3 Shower of Rocks on Melee Attack
Stun Attack
3% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(35 to 57)% Enhanced Defense
(7 to 10)% to Strength
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (401 - 450) to (562 - 631)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 68
Item Level: 36
5% Chance to cast level 9 Shower of Rocks on Melee Attack
Stun Attack
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(81 to 103)% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 18)% to Strength
Physical Resist 7%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (1028 - 1132) to (1419 - 1563)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 237
Item Level: 67
7% Chance to cast level 15 Shower of Rocks on Melee Attack
Stun Attack
6% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(126 to 149)% Enhanced Defense
(23 to 26)% to Strength
Physical Resist 9%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1548 - 1685) to (2118 - 2306)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 473
Item Level: 85
9% Chance to cast level 18 Shower of Rocks on Melee Attack
Stun Attack
8% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(149 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (4)
with -req jewels over
Siegfried
Siegfried
Amazon Helms

'VexNef'
Runeword Level: 68
3% Chance to cast level 5 Vanquish on Kill
50% Attack Speed
15% Cast Speed
Adds 42-125 Fire Damage
Adds 42-125 Lightning Damage
Adds 42-125 Cold Damage
(3 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(72 to 100)% Enhanced Defense
+50 to Dexterity
Elemental Resists +(21 to 25)%
until you get better stuff.

It looks like barrage has received a small range nerf so wyrmshot is probably better this patch (better for TA as well).

Don't forget to use 1p spellbind against bosses.

When you have astro/belial/bremmy done you can ditch paragon and use curare/sov.

Fastest leveling to 121 is with testament of the apes set going full vita with + curare + phalanx.

It's still completely doable and while it's not a top tier farming build due to annoyance of TA, it's still excellent for getting charms. Also I really recommend MOing just about every armor piece with MF if you actually want to drop something. That extra 100% MF will make a huge difference with removal of alchemy because you can't prejunk 15x mf pots before breezing through dfauzt. Since you're very reliant on LL jewels with life, getting MF from sockets is not really viable unless you have godly jewelry.
Edited by cowking 6 years.
Footman
Cultist
21 | 0
Any advice with survivability. I am slowly trying some ubers and I am having problems with those who use blink or guided attack. Even If I turn off ecstatic frenzy my defense sucks, even tried respec to balance, they still have like 65% to hit me. Do I have to totally change build from bowzon to do them. I am talking for example about Judgment Day bonus quest, where those adds just jump on me. Another is Duncraig, where I need to blink to those small areas, where I am swarmed and killed before I use single barrage or Kingdom oh Shadows. For now I have about 11K life, 90 max resists, some damage reduction, but no % damage reduction(maybe I am doing this wrong?)
Thx for tips
Tokii
Acid Prince
47 | 3
Footman wrote:Any advice with survivability. I am slowly trying some ubers and I am having problems with those who use blink or guided attack. Even If I turn off ecstatic frenzy my defense sucks, even tried respec to balance, they still have like 65% to hit me. Do I have to totally change build from bowzon to do them. I am talking for example about Judgment Day bonus quest, where those adds just jump on me. Another is Duncraig, where I need to blink to those small areas, where I am swarmed and killed before I use single barrage or Kingdom oh Shadows. For now I have about 11K life, 90 max resists, some damage reduction, but no % damage reduction(maybe I am doing this wrong?)
Thx for tips

Javazon can breeze through most midgame ubers, if you get hit in kingdom of shadows ur doing it wrong, spam more tps :P
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Footman wrote:I am talking for example about Judgment Day bonus quest, where those adds just jump on me.

You can still cheese this uber with merc. Before damage rework you had to use A2 merc to do this, now you can use A5 merc as well. It's just slightly more tricky in this patch (this uber was very easy for a bowazon).

Make sure neither you or your merc die before entering the arena so you don't have a gimped merc. Then you just move very slowly and gradually forward/sideways with the goal of making your merc move above you attracting uldy and company (he can facetank them forever). Even if you pull all aggro you can make them target your merc by running away, teleporting and staying behind your merc (might have to do this a few times). It's best to have zero FHR on him so when he gets swamped he stays in FHR lock (when this happens make sure you don't move far away so he doesn't teleport next to you). If you wanna tryhard it use
Cloak of Flames
on your merc as the proc could save you randomly. Also make sure your FHR isn't horrible so you don't get chain locked yourself while getting them ganged up on your merc.

The avatars themselves die extremely fast so this not a problem at all for a bowazon. If you can't kill them in 1-2 seconds flat with barrage your gear isn't good enough.

The other solution could be to craft a minion hp staff with magical shrines (staff can spawn up to 75% minion life by itself), MO FCR, socket minion life jewels and then summon fire elementals / erydem from switch. Haven't tried it though.

Footman wrote:Another is Duncraig, where I need to blink to those small areas, where I am swarmed and killed before I use single barrage

Solution is on the previous page. It's even in the guide but not stressed enough.

Footman wrote:or Kingdom oh Shadows.

There's a miniguide for running kingdom of shadow in the pouncezon guide. I recommend that. It's one uber that's worth respeccing to avoid frustration, plus with that setup you can easily run a +2 charm.

Footman wrote:For now I have about 11K life, 90 max resists, some damage reduction, but no % damage reduction(maybe I am doing this wrong?

Barrage bowazon needs a minimum of 40-45% DR endgame, I guess 30-35% could be ok for wyrmshot as your merc is taking way more heat and you kill at longer distance.

Keep in mind the less damage you take, the more effective leech becomes. Even though 20k life and 0% DR is the same as 10k life and 50% DR in terms of virtual HP, with 0% DR you need to leech 10k more HP to fill your pool.
Footman
Cultist
21 | 0
Thx for all tips

cowking wrote: You can still cheese this uber with merc. Before damage rework you had to use A2 merc to do this, now you can use A5 merc as well. It's just slightly more tricky in this patch (this uber was very easy for a bowazon).

Make sure neither you or your merc die before entering the arena so you don't have a gimped merc. Then you just move very slowly and gradually forward/sideways with the goal of making your merc move above you attracting uldy and company (he can facetank them forever). Even if you pull all aggro you can make them target your merc by running away, teleporting and staying behind your merc (might have to do this a few times). It's best to have zero FHR on him so when he gets swamped he stays in FHR lock (when this happens make sure you don't move far away so he doesn't teleport next to you). If you wanna tryhard it use
Cloak of Flames
on your merc as the proc could save you randomly. Also make sure your FHR isn't horrible so you don't get chain locked yourself while getting them ganged up on your merc.

The avatars themselves die extremely fast so this not a problem at all for a bowazon. If you can't kill them in 1-2 seconds flat with barrage your gear isn't good enough.

The other solution could be to craft a minion hp staff with magical shrines (staff can spawn up to 75% minion life by itself), MO FCR, socket minion life jewels and then summon fire elementals / erydem from switch. Haven't tried it though.

I will try Judgment day with merc, I usually dont use him, because I die so often, that I am bored to run buy him every time. Usually reanimates are my meatshield for non ubers runs.

cowking wrote: Solution is on the previous page. It's even in the guide but not stressed enough.

For Duncraig, I totally forgot that blink has ministun, that could give me time to use atleast one barrage.

cowking wrote: There's a miniguide for running kingdom of shadow in the pouncezon guide. I recommend that. It's one uber that's worth respeccing to avoid frustration, plus with that setup you can easily run a +2 charm.

Kingdom of Shadows is more being anoying, after 20 minutes of trying I gave up, didnt even get to corridor to boss. Always run into big packs of zombies, one hit me and that give other zombies time to surround me :D

cowking wrote: Barrage bowazon needs a minimum of 40-45% DR endgame, I guess 30-35% could be ok for wyrmshot as your merc is taking way more heat and you kill at longer distance.

Keep in mind the less damage you take, the more effective leech becomes. Even though 20k life and 0% DR is the same as 10k life and 50% DR in terms of virtual HP, with 0% DR you need to leech 10k more HP to fill your pool.

For now I preffer barrage, because its higher single dps for ubers, buts its harder to farm bigger areas like TA. My gear probably sux, I use mix of crafted(bow), set, sacred and even some tiered uniques. I would love to dump Paragon for Curare, but without Paragon I drop to 4k life :D I actually have about 60% of charms, but most of them was painfully slow to get.

I guess I will have to farm some better gear, but since guide is outdated, not sure where to go. Usually people link bunch of sacred uniques, but thats not really guide. I need some info, like where to aim, info 40-45% DR is atleast something. What about CB, LL and Dex, some goals to reach?
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Footman wrote:I need some info, like where to aim, info 40-45% DR is atleast something. What about CB, LL and Dex, some goals to reach?

How much LL you need depends on your DR, amount of wdm procs, your bow's base damage, amount of sigs eaten and so on. It even depends on where you want to farm. For things like cb and -res it's obvious you want as much as you can pack.

When lacking stat charms you can use -req MO to your advantage (all your gear at that point is expendable anyway). Eg.
Titan's Burden
Titan's Burden
Spangenhelm (4)

(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(7 to 10)% to Strength
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (1)
(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(15 to 18)% to Strength
Physical Resist 7%
Socketed (3)
(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(23 to 26)% to Strength
Physical Resist 9%
Socketed (4)
(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(27 to 30)% to Strength
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (4)
with 5x -req MO + 2-4x -req crafted jewels with 2% LL only takes 208-311 str and gives you a 30% str boost. Head slot is also the first item to be re-equipped in case you die and pick up your body.

If you need cheap DR, craft 2% intimidating zomg leather gloves/boots, lucky first before bless to make sure you get 5% DR in case shrine blessing gives you 2% (reroll if you don't proc DR from luck). These can be MOed with 2x -req as boots require 458 str, with -req only 385 (T6 jitan takes 391 str). You could go even lower if you -req jitan. And so on. I would also MO both of these with MF. Actually you want to MO MF in every piece except weapon.

With cheapo gear you can amass 39-43% DR easily, although this setup will need a good crafted bow MOed with leech and probably some life charms as well.

10-11%
Titan's Burden
Titan's Burden
Spangenhelm (4)

(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(7 to 10)% to Strength
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (1)
(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(15 to 18)% to Strength
Physical Resist 7%
Socketed (3)
(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(23 to 26)% to Strength
Physical Resist 9%
Socketed (4)
(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(27 to 30)% to Strength
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (4)

10-11%
Jitan's Kamon
Jitan's Kamon
Splint Mail (4)

Defense: (184 - 208) to (370 - 418)
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 30
2% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds 2-4 Fire Damage
Adds 2-4 Lightning Damage
Adds 2-4 Cold Damage
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (592 - 656) to (1106 - 1225)
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 60
4% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Fire Damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Lightning Damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Cold Damage
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1466 - 1596) to (2663 - 2898)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 210
Item Level: 51
6% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Fire Damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Lightning Damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Cold Damage
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 4%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (2175 - 2352) to (3925 - 4244)
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 420
8% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Fire Damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Lightning Damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Cold Damage
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)

4-5% intimidating gloves
11%
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
belt
4-5% intimidating boots

Using abandoned shrines for boots/gloves is not smart (use crafted %AR jewels and acquire charms if you need AR), especially when you lack 500 sigs and large portion of charms. Let's say your dex before %dex is 800, you use
Zealot Rush
Zealot Rush
Light Plated Boots (4)

Defense: (67 - 78) to (102 - 119)
Required Strength: 31
Item Level: 10
5% Attack Speed
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
(11 to 25)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(21 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
(3 to 5)% to Dexterity
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (1)
Defense: (248 - 281) to (338 - 384)
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 62
10% Attack Speed
(41 to 55)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(41 to 60)% Enhanced Defense
(9 to 11)% to Dexterity
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (2)
Defense: (613 - 685) to (817 - 914)
Required Strength: 218
20% Attack Speed
(71 to 85)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(61 to 80)% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 17)% to Dexterity
3% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (3)
Defense: (944 - 1044) to (1247 - 1378)
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 436
30% Attack Speed
(86 to 100)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(81 to 100)% Enhanced Defense
(18 to 20)% to Dexterity
4% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
and 16% dex abandoned gloves.

800 * 0.36 = +288 dex
normal bows = +58 EWD
zon bows = +86 EWD

I think you'd rather have +8% DR.

Also when you're using paragon it doesn't mean you have to fill every slot with gems, it's pointless to have a huge life pool with zero sustain.
Footman
Cultist
21 | 0
cowking wrote:How much LL you need depends on your DR, amount of wdm procs, your bow's base damage, amount of sigs eaten and so on. It even depends on where you want to farm. For things like cb and -res it's obvious you want as much as you can pack.

When lacking stat charms you can use -req MO to your advantage (all your gear at that point is expendable anyway). Eg.
Titan's Burden
Titan's Burden
Spangenhelm (4)

(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(7 to 10)% to Strength
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (1)
(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(15 to 18)% to Strength
Physical Resist 7%
Socketed (3)
(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(23 to 26)% to Strength
Physical Resist 9%
Socketed (4)
(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(27 to 30)% to Strength
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (4)
with 5x -req MO + 2-4x -req crafted jewels with 2% LL only takes 208-311 str and gives you a 30% str boost. Head slot is also the first item to be re-equipped in case you die and pick up your body.

If you need cheap DR, craft 2% intimidating zomg leather gloves/boots, lucky first before bless to make sure you get 5% DR in case shrine blessing gives you 2% (reroll if you don't proc DR from luck). These can be MOed with 2x -req as boots require 458 str, with -req only 385 (T6 jitan takes 391 str). You could go even lower if you -req jitan. And so on. I would also MO both of these with MF. Actually you want to MO MF in every piece except weapon.

With cheapo gear you can amass 39-43% DR easily, although this setup will need a good crafted bow MOed with leech and probably some life charms as well.

10-11%
Titan's Burden
Titan's Burden
Spangenhelm (4)

(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(7 to 10)% to Strength
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (1)
(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(15 to 18)% to Strength
Physical Resist 7%
Socketed (3)
(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(23 to 26)% to Strength
Physical Resist 9%
Socketed (4)
(Amazon Only)
Stun Attack
(27 to 30)% to Strength
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (4)

10-11%
Jitan's Kamon
Jitan's Kamon
Splint Mail (4)

Defense: (184 - 208) to (370 - 418)
Required Strength: 30
2% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds 2-4 Fire Damage
Adds 2-4 Lightning Damage
Adds 2-4 Cold Damage
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (592 - 656) to (1106 - 1225)
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 60
4% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Fire Damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Lightning Damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Cold Damage
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1466 - 1596) to (2663 - 2898)
Required Strength: 210
6% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Fire Damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Lightning Damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Cold Damage
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 4%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (2175 - 2352) to (3925 - 4244)
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 420
8% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Fire Damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Lightning Damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Cold Damage
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)

4-5% intimidating gloves
11%
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
belt
4-5% intimidating boots

Using abandoned shrines for boots/gloves is not smart (use crafted %AR jewels and acquire charms if you need AR), especially when you lack 500 sigs and large portion of charms. Let's say your dex before %dex is 800, you use
Zealot Rush
Zealot Rush
Light Plated Boots (4)

Defense: (67 - 78) to (102 - 119)
Required Strength: 31
Item Level: 10
5% Attack Speed
(11 to 25)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(21 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
(3 to 5)% to Dexterity
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (1)
Defense: (248 - 281) to (338 - 384)
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 62
10% Attack Speed
(41 to 55)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(41 to 60)% Enhanced Defense
(9 to 11)% to Dexterity
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (2)
Defense: (613 - 685) to (817 - 914)
Required Strength: 218
20% Attack Speed
(71 to 85)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(61 to 80)% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 17)% to Dexterity
3% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (3)
Defense: (944 - 1044) to (1247 - 1378)
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 436
30% Attack Speed
(86 to 100)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(81 to 100)% Enhanced Defense
(18 to 20)% to Dexterity
4% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
and 16% dex abandoned gloves.

800 * 0.36 = +288 dex
normal bows = +58 EWD
zon bows = +86 EWD

I think you'd rather have +8% DR.

Also when you're using paragon it doesn't mean you have to fill every slot with gems, it's pointless to have a huge life pool with zero sustain.

I ill try to switch armor, I am using set armor for bowzon, but have only bow to go with it = 10% DR
I am using sacred unique Circlet that is really good = 5% DR
Also boots and gloves should be easy switch for me, I am using some set boots, mainly for stats and Featherclaw (Chain Gloves) for AR and IAS. = 8-10%DR - but not sure how you count it here, lucky bonus give 1% DR, shrine craft shows 0-1% DR and shrine blessing I assume also gives 0-1% DR
For belt I am using Deadfall (Heavy Belt), so switch is easy here too = 11% DR
so this could get me to around 35% DR without loosing too much .. wow
Again huge thx for all tips, I use to play median few years back, so I am relearning all the mechanics
Grimlich
Fallen
1 | 0
This is fun...
zagorkov
Skeleton
2 | 0
So this still working in 1.3? I used to own almost everything a couple of seasons back, but now i struggle with finding gear... i have 220% MF but drop rates are joke... just like my kill speed. Need some advice on dmg boost for my bowzon. Pantheon set might do the trick but wont drop... I have some hard time in TA but still doable, K3k is pain to do and its like 1 SUset per run if lucky... I just die 2-3 hits (no problem with res all is 85). Should i change my helmet (currently at Snakehair) to Siegfried or Titan? I dont see the -res MO any more too... makes it hard for my rainbow dmg.
And what Shrine do you guys use to craft Bows? i got my hands on rare SU Reflex bow but no idea what to do?