Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

Zamolxes77
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
K I'm lvl 88 and trying to do Death Projector, he insta kills me. How o i do this, summon spirits ? Need some help please.
Zamolxes77
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
NVM, figured it out, cast fortress and kite the nightclan, quite easy
MrWhirlygig
Prowler
15 | 0
I am having a heck of a time with Destruction BAAL. Is there any advice anyone can help me with.

Bear Stance, 390K Def, 75% Block, 4.9K Dam, crafted sword, Arreats, Nas Helm, Deadfall, Barrons, Invic, Klaatu, Seal of Kings, Earth Rouser.

Is there anything I should Respec to? I have run TA about 100 Times, got level 121, but cant seem to get Baal down but by maybe 15% health before he spawns all his critters and wastes me.

Any help would be appreciated.
Fenrils
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
MrWhirlygig wrote:I am having a heck of a time with Destruction BAAL. Is there any advice anyone can help me with.

Bear Stance, 390K Def, 75% Block, 4.9K Dam, crafted sword, Arreats, Nas Helm, Deadfall, Barrons, Invic, Klaatu, Seal of Kings, Earth Rouser.

Is there anything I should Respec to? I have run TA about 100 Times, got level 121, but cant seem to get Baal down but by maybe 15% health before he spawns all his critters and wastes me.

DBaal is a process and requires a bit of strategy for IS since our single target isn't exceptional. First and foremost though, it should be noted that you should have lightning pen where ever possible as this is huge for increasing Storm Blast's damage. Past that, for Baal himself, most of his phases should not be an issue since we can block or outleech his own damage. When he spawns minions, it's worth either teleporting away and having them teleport onto you to deal with them separately or (if you have enough survivability and leech), start hitting baal with Iron Spiral instead of Storm Blast to take care of the minions.

When he spawns any of the prime evils, you need to kit them away from Baal himself. Sometimes this is a bit tricky but with Jitan's Gate/Blink, you can definitely do it. Each of the prime evils can be mostly facetanked by this build with the small exception of Diablo for when he casts his flamestrike which will likely kill you in under two seconds so you need to watch for that. Once the prime evils are down, baal becomes vulnerable again and you can move back to attacking him and his minions.

Finally, this fight will probably take some time. Unless you have absolute GG as fuck gear, don't be surprised if you die a dozen times and it takes 10-15 minute. He has a lot of health and plenty of ways to kill you so it ain't easy. Practice, be willing to die a few times, and keep pushing. Hope that helps!
MrWhirlygig
Prowler
15 | 0
Fenrils wrote:
MrWhirlygig wrote:I am having a heck of a time with Destruction BAAL. Is there any advice anyone can help me with.

DBaal is a process and requires a bit of strategy for IS since our single target isn't exceptional. First and foremost though, it should be noted that you should have lightning pen where ever possible as this is huge for increasing Storm Blast's damage. Past that, for Baal himself, most of his phases should not be an issue since we can block or outleech his own damage. When he spawns minions, it's worth either teleporting away and having them teleport onto you to deal with them separately or (if you have enough survivability and leech), start hitting baal with Iron Spiral instead of Storm Blast to take care of the minions.

When he spawns any of the prime evils, you need to kit them away from Baal himself. Sometimes this is a bit tricky but with Jitan's Gate/Blink, you can definitely do it. Each of the prime evils can be mostly facetanked by this build with the small exception of Diablo for when he casts his flamestrike which will likely kill you in under two seconds so you need to watch for that. Once the prime evils are down, baal becomes vulnerable again and you can move back to attacking him and his minions.

Finally, this fight will probably take some time. Unless you have absolute GG as fuck gear, don't be surprised if you die a dozen times and it takes 10-15 minute. He has a lot of health and plenty of ways to kill you so it ain't easy. Practice, be willing to die a few times, and keep pushing. Hope that helps!

Should I do it with or without a Merc? I normally have a Barb Merc, but not sure how the affects things
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
merc is probably gonna get killed by the black vortex baal spawns, not worth using in that fight imo
MrWhirlygig
Prowler
15 | 0
So I got him finally, took me 3 hours and countless deaths, but now I cannot go into Destruction's end Portal? Anyone have any ideas on that?
MrWhirlygig
Prowler
15 | 0
MrWhirlygig wrote:So I got him finally, took me 3 hours and countless deaths, but now I cannot go into Destruction's end Portal? Anyone have any ideas on that?

I know I do not need to, but just wondering if thats a bug or not
Zamolxes77
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
So I just hit 110 for the 1st time, having a lot of fun with this. Any suggestion on how to tailor the build to be a bit more mf oriented ? I do get uniques from regular monsters, but no sacred yet. I currently have 61 mf on my battle gear and 143 on switch.

Also, what is that mark of the wild on barb axes that OP recommends, what does it do and how do I get it?
gaymoves
Imp
4 | 0
what maps is good to farm sacred unique like Qarak's will and Toraja's CHamp