Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
silverhand31 wrote:I have question about Merc Act3, so do we need a good dame weapon for him or all his skill based on magic, we only prepare good FCR and elmental damage?

A3 mercs are pure casters, so no need for high-damage weapons (they can't block either, so no need for chance-to-block mods). Just focus on Lightning Spell Damage and -Enemy Lightning Res for Abjurers, and Fire for Bloodmages.
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
I am assuming this sword can't get any better unless I roll one with the same damage and balefire as the proc?

I was going to try farming Khalimgrad on your recommendation but am unable to open the portal on TSW in Terror. Is that normal?

Also I can survive Dest TA if I have my ice elementals up and buffing me but they die to quickly. Is there a good way of preventing this?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Waffle1209 wrote:I am assuming this sword can't get any better unless I roll one with the same damage and balefire as the proc?

I was going to try farming Khalimgrad on your recommendation but am unable to open the portal on TSW in Terror. Is that normal?

Also I can survive Dest TA if I have my ice elementals up and buffing me but they die to quickly. Is there a good way of preventing this?

That Warp Blade is probably good enough. The base crafted weapon I used wasn't all that different.

► example

Not being able to enter Khalimgrad in Terror is normal. Listing it as a farming spot was my mistake (will be corrected). Meant it for Destruction, but changed my mind b/c unkillable Punisher-spamming Totems are terrible. Just forgot to remove it.

Ice Elementals are just squishy af. Idk what it is about them. Did some testing a while back and best I can tell, they either have much lower base defense than Blade Spirits or they don't get Warp Armor's %Avoid bonus. Or it's something else. If you have spare Skill points, put them in Frigid Sphere to boost Ice Elementals' Life. Otherwise, try +Minion Life MOs.
dongflexer
Bone Archer
77 | 8
I've been crafting heavily for a good warp blade now, but I haven't been able to get a "Adds (x-y) damage" modifier. can you even roll these? It doesn't look like an existing affix in the shrinecrafting page on the documentation (except with a weird craft)
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
if you get both min dmg and max dmg it will show up as x-y
dongflexer
Bone Archer
77 | 8
Gekko64 wrote:if you get both min dmg and max dmg it will show up as x-y

great to know thanks!
obsideo666
Imp
5 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I just got into Destruction a1 with a Tier6 Warp blade. Still farming for a better one, but this guide is just truly amazing. Thanks for the work you put into this build and making such a thorough guide. Much appreciated :mrgreen:
snowman41
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
Hey Solfege, saw your comment in the Patch discussion thread and figured I would respond here since there's probably a higher chance you'll see it, and also its pertinent to the guide.

Regarding the 3.3 Ice Elemental nerfs: Having to constantly spam Ice elementals was a massive pain, but the defensive boost felt quite noticeable while active. Though your point that since they end up getting oneshot in endgame anyways, this probably isnt too huge of a loss makes sense.

That said, Vengeful power and Living flame both got nice buffs, do you think Snow Queen still outclasses them or are they now worth using? Specifically Vengeful power with the damage reduction paired with max life looks competitive.

The Force blast changes and fusillade buff sound great though.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Vengeful power used to give 15% DR with 1 point. In the next patch it will give 20% DR with 5 points invested. It‘s not a huge buff.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
snowman41 wrote:Hey Solfege, saw your comment in the Patch discussion thread and figured I would respond here since there's probably a higher chance you'll see it, and also its pertinent to the guide.

Regarding the 3.3 Ice Elemental nerfs: Having to constantly spam Ice elementals was a massive pain, but the defensive boost felt quite noticeable while active. Though your point that since they end up getting oneshot in endgame anyways, this probably isnt too huge of a loss makes sense.

That said, Vengeful power and Living flame both got nice buffs, do you think Snow Queen still outclasses them or are they now worth using? Specifically Vengeful power with the damage reduction paired with max life looks competitive.

The Force blast changes and fusillade buff sound great though.

It wasn't so much that IEs get 1-shot end-game, it was that Melee Sorc was strong enough by that point that she didn't need summons anymore. Right now, I'll say Lightning/Cold is probably still the better end-game spec, but getting there will be harder.

The IE nerf affects a lot more than just Sorc tankiness. Part of the reason Frost Armor was so great was that it allowed for tanky summons without having to waste tons of hard points on them. This meant you could focus on building your Sorc instead of boosting summons. It also allowed for a wider variety of mercs, making Rogue Priestess one of the best mercs for a Sorc because of how well IE aura+Vindicate synergized with one another (a properly-built Priestess could do D-Fauzt with only Sorc summons to tank). Without Frost Armor, it throws the viability of that into question.

Vengeful Power:
As Hecht said, it's not much of a buff. You're losing 150% TCD aura, getting weaker+more expensive Blade Spirits, a weaker merc, and fewer meatshields overall. And all you're gaining is an extra 5% DR. Also, the Life boost is nothing. No matter which Tree combo you choose, you'll end up with roughly the same amount of total Life.

Living Flame:
It has 3 major problems. First, Sorcs will always have shit Life no matter what you do. When you're in a situation where you're being bombarded off-screen by enemies whose attacks can take roughly half your life per hit, and your summons aren't tanky enough to block those attacks, the difference between 10k and 12k Life is nothing. Second, Living Flame is worthless without significant investment. Which means it's nothing but a point sink early on. Third, Sorcs already have access to 2 instaheal sources. So why do you need regen? In the end, nothing Living Flame offers will be better than Def+DR for Sorcs.

Fusillade:
It was already strong. The Fusillade buff was a consolation prize, just like it was when they took away Stormblast from Khany.

What it basically boils down to is the IE nerf is a hard, across-the-board nerf for all Sorcs using the Cold Tree in an attempt to force more people to use Force Blast. Melee Sorc will survive, but it essentially killed Mana Sorc.

tl;dr
None of these changes made any of the other Trees more attractive. They only made Cold Tree less attractive.