Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Xenomorphous wrote:amazon's awful life and lowish defence for any prolonged encounters(Without the shield that weighs as much as an elephant.)
Paragon solves the life issues , same as wild and free solves the the weight issues .

regarding the defence i don't see how is that an issue unless we talk about bowzons or javazons (max block isn't very hard to reach) . the stormzon and the spearzons are quite tanky

Grasshopper wrote:Yes all amazon builds seem weak. It is a struggle to level to 120. .

you guys must be playing a different game or something . the zons are easy to level with just TU's and cheap RW's . Normaly you get to 120 by mid/end terror

Kylrath wrote:Im doing the Strom guide atm in single player. ... Yesterday i cowrd myself from lvl 73 to 120 with magnetic field only (player 3) with t5-t6 gear.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
maybe they're trying to level on players 8? that would make things needlessly slow and painful
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Gekko64 wrote:maybe they're trying to level on players 8? that would make things needlessly slow and painful

I think it's Chuck who plays on /p 8 if he reaches 120 by mid terror.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Gekko64 wrote:maybe they're trying to level on players 8? that would make things needlessly slow and painful
i can't tell for sure , but i always keep /players 8 all over Hatred regardless of the build , going down to p5 or p4 (or p1) just in dangerous spots on terror while leveling / doing the BRC . this never got me into any issues
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
it's doable but since raising players settings has diminishing returns and you only get better drops for odd numbers it would be better to run hatred on p5, terror on p3 and dest on p1 to smooth out the difficulty
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
another thing is to get full t5-t6 gear asap (i prefer Mephisto runs for that) . That way you get to terror with good gear and the difficulty increase is not so big . i never leave act 3 hatred before i get the highest tier i can wear at level 50 , then i go back to act 2 and do LC1
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Three people playing the regular way agree that Thundercrack isn't suitable for progression. One guy using a shared stash and full charm set says max block is easy to get and reaching 120 by mid/late terror is "normal". There is nothing normal about hitting 120 by mid terror because the lc2 (which is mid-terror) requires lvl 90 or less.

I'm sure trying to update 50+ gear suggestions the normal way would probably take forever. I get that. But based on your opinion and my actual play-through with a stormzon, its safe to say you didn't play the build even partially untwinked. If you had you might understand what we are talking about. I don't wanna bring up all the xis runewords you suggest for end game but using the mid game gear to farm primals/essences isn't feasible. Block is useless there, yet you rank this build 9/10 for efficiency (ability to reach end game without respecs). This build doesn't have the kill speed with thundercrack or the life pool to sustain the heavy elemental damage. Luring mobs into Mag Field is an option but its painfully slow. I farmed most of what I needed to make Blackdog but ended up trading for some of it because rng.

Please stop giving information based on speculation and twinked gameplay.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Cronk
Cultist
23 | 0
Are there any decent casters this patch? I heard they're not as good as melee but I started with a barb and kinda wanna switch it up a bit with next char.

I see mana sorc and what looks like a caster druid. I'll probably skip caster pally since I did it a year ago or so. Just curious if things like sorc/dru are still at least decent.

Thanks!!
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Cronk wrote:Are there any decent casters this patch? I heard they're not as good as melee but I started with a barb and kinda wanna switch it up a bit with next char.

I see mana sorc and what looks like a caster druid. I'll probably skip caster pally since I did it a year ago or so. Just curious if things like sorc/dru are still at least decent.

Thanks!!

https://www.twitch.tv/qinghai

Brackans has been streaming his own flamestrike sorceress here. Chuck has a few in the compilation. Read/view/take your pick