Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Alright, so this Rooftrellen TW build is my first time playing a TW Druid. Not sure if we're supposed to be posting progress reports, but fk it, here's one anyway.

Build and Early Hatred:
Build was slow starting out and difficult to level until I started grinding Meph for gear.

Starting out, Thorn Strike was the superior attack, hand's down. How do I know this? B/c I tried Wildfire and Thorn Strike at various points just to compare them to Ravage. And Ravage just couldn't compare. Lacking AoE, being locked in place, and being restricted to only attacking 1-3 of the closest targets to the PC was brutal. Feral Strike is also a pita to activate, often requiring several attacks before it kicks in. Tried MotW once just to see what it did, but haven't used it since (guide specifically says not to bother with it until I can equip Instinct RW).

That said, once I got the recommended gear and started uptiering it, Ravage was an acceptable main, and worked surprisingly well against bosses (though Thorn Strike still had higher killspeed against regular mobs).

Gear:
A low-level RW option with a decent on-attack proc would be great early on. I didn't bother grinding Griswold for the main weapon or the on-switch weapon. The chance of getting either was so low that it seemed more efficient to grind Meph for them. By the time I got done uptiering my main gear, I was clvl 48. Since I could make Instinct at clvl 57, it seemed like a waste of time and ACs to make and uptier TU Great Axe. Besides, there wasn't a reason to use Wildfire b/c no Phys-immune enemies yet (only supposed to use Wildfire+Mythal with on-switch gear for Phys-immunes).

LC1:
Felt weird doing this as a melee build with 6k defense, but it went much more smoothly once Fumbles reminded me that Idol of Scosglen is a thing.

Rest of Hatred:
Acid Fiends die way too quickly and it took longer than I'd have liked going through normal mobs, but Diablo and Baal weren't a problem at all. Hoping this build gets enough speed boosts from gear/Charms later on that I don't need Acid Fiends for the speed boost anymore. Only real trouble I had was due to player error. Gotta get used to using Idol and just get better at playing the build overall. Will see how things go in Terror...next time on “Solfege Plays: WTF Am I Doing?”
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
wall of text below
► Show Spoiler
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
Freykin
Prowler
17 | 2
Man, it’s been so long since I’ve played that I forgot all about /players 8! I need to get on that next time.

Only got to play a bit today, made it to Act 5 Hatred. Starting to work on honorifics, got my helmet made. Chuck, I’m curious on the switch to Ra from Cannonball in the early game gear, as it drops you down 50% faster run/walk. I’m usually not a gotta go fast type of player, but going from one to the other feels real rough. Only died once in Act 4 to some sort of elite while fighting Diablo; Diablo wasn’t dangerous at all, but I thought it was from him and not another monster. Once I took them out the fight was easy.

Is playing single player really that different in drop amounts? The drop rates in this have felt reasonable sk far, but I’m used to Path of Exile where stuff is pretty rare unless you’re speed clearing/magic finding.

So far my guide at the least feels good for the early game, though I’m probably undereveled for it since I haven’t been doing players 8. I’ll have to give that a shot!
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
xd what :microwave:
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Freykin wrote:Man, it’s been so long since I’ve played that I forgot all about /players 8! I need to get on that next time.

Only got to play a bit today, made it to Act 5 Hatred. Starting to work on honorifics, got my helmet made. Chuck, I’m curious on the switch to Ra from Cannonball in the early game gear, as it drops you down 50% faster run/walk. I’m usually not a gotta go fast type of player, but going from one to the other feels real rough. Only died once in Act 4 to some sort of elite while fighting Diablo; Diablo wasn’t dangerous at all, but I thought it was from him and not another monster. Once I took them out the fight was easy.

Is playing single player really that different in drop amounts? The drop rates in this have felt reasonable sk far, but I’m used to Path of Exile where stuff is pretty rare unless you’re speed clearing/magic finding.

So far my guide at the least feels good for the early game, though I’m probably undereveled for it since I haven’t been doing players 8. I’ll have to give that a shot!
the /players setting can only be changed in single player . so if you play online you can't benefit from that . the /players setting is increasing the "no drop" chance , meaning that you get higher chances of something to drop if there are more/players set . the drops are higher in SP compared to MP for now

regarding that helm you can just run all the time untill you put on the honorific instead . running turns your defence to zero , but it's not like you got any notable defence anyway , so this FRW penalty is not so important .

good luck !
Freykin
Prowler
17 | 2
Ah, so that’s an additional part of the challenge then, since we can’t turn that up.

I’ve been avoiding running as a habit from long ago. My defence is surprisingly still making a difference, thanks to the tu4 version of Shadowchild. I’ll see how much of a difference it makes.

I’ve got the helmet made, and am using it to fill some resist gaps with a gem in it. Just need to farm some gold now to start upgrading it! Probably will do the boots next, as I never found a rare that was worth using; mines some crappy +4 str indestructible rare :P.
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Some feedback from me, playing no 18 "Maximimus".

At first....@Chuck, you wrote:

"you guys made a challenge in playing builds that were designed for SP (/players setting / shared stash ) while not allowing twinking , just trading between the players of the challenge with the stuff they have found . It's obviously a hard challenge as none of those builds were designed for that . "

This is absolute correct, we have some rules which make the builds much, much harder, so please, dont misunderstand this what I write, its only my personal experience, not a critic at all.

This Maximus-build is easy in early-game, I´m now level 90, LC2 is easily done and the guy stands in A4 terror. Your skillplan has no Hoplites and this makes some things harder, for example sewers or TA, the only meatshield are those from the armor "Albrechts Revenge" and those archer are still very stupid: running around, take a look at the trees and mobs....and then they die. The armor is one option, I would prefer "Jitans Kamon" (more eledam, not only cold, DR), but our rules didnt allow that.

However, leveling is not a great problem with Maximus, also all actbosses are easy-cheesy, the problems starts in a3 terror, I must farm more ACs, not for uptiering (all parts are T6), I need the rings and amu.

My only things to ask are:

- why you have no points in Hoplites? its a nice 1-pointer, the guys are in early phase very helpfull.
- why is Jitans not an option? its not a great thing, but it would be nice to know.
OnlyForFun
Cog
203 | 17
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
all this drama could have been avoided by simply letting people choose what build to play :facepalm:
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
willyboy wrote:- why you have no points in Hoplites? its a nice 1-pointer, the guys are in early phase very helpfull.
- why is Jitans not an option? its not a great thing, but it would be nice to know.
- no hoplites in early game because i wanted to keep the build simple and not turn it into a hybrid . they do appear as 1-pointers in mid /end game because some ubers need some extra meathield for an easier job (Butcher /j-day , or Bartuc for example )

- not using Jitan's because it wanted it to proc more arrows along the Crucifier . it's part of the build flavour . the Jitan's is fine but i wanted to go on a different way .

you seam to do fine so far . good luck !