New Player Guide (1.2+) v1.05

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
aerial wrote:I made one myself:

You are added to the credits and the information was added to the guide :D thank you for the support.

Unda wrote:Another topic worth a few words or redirection link is slow effects (types, overriding, when it stack up and when dont, caps).
Maybe old topic about magic find can also help in that guide.

You can add links to old forum (some informations can be outdated as versions changed during that time):
http://www.medianxl.com/t2798-slow-mechanics
http://www.medianxl.com/t3196-magic-find-mf-mechanics

---

You can add info about that after finishing Quest One in Act 5 the value of bought/sold stuff from/to vendors in Harrogath will be better for player than in other Acts, example: Larzuk selling Mystic Orbs for 10k gold each.

I added both of those links and the information about A5 Q1 making A5 the best place for buying/selling. Thank you for your support and making the guide better :)
Shade7777
Imp
5 | 0
As a new player, I found this guide very handy. Being new to Median and learning all the mechanics and basics is almost like a study (albeit a fun one :D) One thing would be nice to add though: A list with all abbreviations! Things like TU and SU (and old diablo 2 stats like ias and fhr) are easily discovered but it took me a while to find out what MO, MotW and some other abbreviations meant and I still come across some that cannot figure out.

Let me know what you think :)
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Shade7777 wrote:As a new player, I found this guide very handy. Being new to Median and learning all the mechanics and basics is almost like a study (albeit a fun one :D) One thing would be nice to add though: A list with all abbreviations! Things like TU and SU (and old diablo 2 stats like ias and fhr) are easily discovered but it took me a while to find out what MO, MotW and some other abbreviations meant and I still come across some that cannot figure out.

Let me know what you think :)

There used to be a page for abbreviations in the docs but I can't seem to find it anymore. But I did find this one thread in the old forums containing most, if not all, of them here.

Edit: It got moved to the wiki -> http://median-xl.wikia.com/wiki/Abbreviations
Shade7777
Imp
5 | 0
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks Scarletedge. Dont know if it is of additional value to add the link to the beginners guide?
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Shade7777 wrote:Exactly what I was looking for, thanks Scarletedge. Dont know if it is of additional value to add the link to the beginners guide?

It didn't even cross my mind to add a list of abbreviations. Added :D (well in about 20 seconds)
Delerium76
Skeleton
2 | 0
Your crafting runeword tips mentions using a trial of luck mystic orb, but I can't find that for sale at all in 1.2, and from what I have read, it was removed. Care to confirm?
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
It was removed, indeed. There is no lucky trial anymore.
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Delerium76 wrote:Your crafting runeword tips mentions using a trial of luck mystic orb, but I can't find that for sale at all in 1.2, and from what I have read, it was removed. Care to confirm?

You buy an Oil of Luck from Gheed (or anyone else who sells mystic orbs). It is the purple oil. It is NOT a mystic orb.

Somnus wrote:It was removed, indeed. There is no lucky trial anymore.

Oil of Luck is still in the game. I think they assumed it was a MO.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
NLGElijah wrote:
Delerium76 wrote:Your crafting runeword tips mentions using a trial of luck mystic orb, but I can't find that for sale at all in 1.2, and from what I have read, it was removed. Care to confirm?

You buy an Oil of Luck from Gheed (or anyone else who sells mystic orbs). It is the purple oil. It is NOT a mystic orb.

Somnus wrote:It was removed, indeed. There is no lucky trial anymore.

Oil of Luck is still in the game. I think they assumed it was a MO.

There was Luck Trial in Ultimative version. It has been removed but i copied fragment from old docs so you could see what you missed 8-)

NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
thunderman wrote:There was Luck Trial in Ultimative version. It has been removed but i copied fragment from old docs so you could see what you missed 8-)

I remember that luck trial, but here is what my guide is referring to.