Crafting Compendium [1.2]

Kutol
Prowler
17 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Cant wait for the jewel/shrine part to be done, gone start farming for some heavy crafting :D really nice of you to do a comp for this, when googling i get the feeling that alot of things is outdated. Any eta btw?
Thanks again! :)
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
Consolidated some information in runeword section. Initial shrine crafting info added, still needs some love.

Kutol wrote:..., when googling i get the feeling that alot of things is outdated.

Sadly once Sigma releases this thread will need quite a bit of updating. Doh!
Kutol
Prowler
17 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ryunp wrote:Consolidated some information in runeword section. Initial shrine crafting info added, still needs some love.

Kutol wrote:..., when googling i get the feeling that alot of things is outdated.

Sadly once Sigma releases this thread will need quite a bit of updating. Doh!

Sweet :)
Yeah i guess so.. havent read into Sigma that much, still kinda new to MXL but i gt say.. once u go median u wont go back :D
Didnt mean to rush u in any way btw :)
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Nice guide. Maybe mention that the shrine type used for shrine blessing can be different from the one used to make the craft.

Also you say craft cant be done on honorifics but on the recipe you say it can.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Updates to:
2.2 - Shrinecraft Preparation: wording
2.2.3 - Modifying Base Items: accuracy + more info
2.3 - Shrinecraft Creation Process: more info + wording
2.3.1 - Shrinecraft Reroll: more info + accuracy
2.3.2 - Shrine Blessing: more info + accuracy
2.4 - Crafting Strategies: more info

Kutol wrote:Didnt mean to rush u in any way btw :)

All good homie. Make sure to let me know if there is anything confusing or unclear!
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Wasnt around for a while so checked your guide once again after break and its very clean and even more newbie friendly.

You must add one thing to shrine crafting section under "2.2.2 - Aquiring Base Items", info about Charsi quest Imbue reward, basically you can take any white sacred item and Imbue it (to get rare base for shrine crafting) with high enough character level (your choice, depending on alvl of highest affix you are aiming for). No matter on what difficulty you will do that, the only thing matter is your clvl. The formula for Imbue from Charsi quest is clvl + 4 = ilvl .
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Unda wrote:Wasnt around for a while so checked your guide once again after break and its very clean and even more newbie friendly.

You must add one thing to shrine crafting section under "2.2.2 - Aquiring Base Items", info about Charsi quest Imbue reward, basically you can take any white sacred item and Imbue it (to get rare base for shrine crafting) with high enough character level (your choice, depending on alvl of highest affix you are aiming for). No matter on what difficulty you will do that, the only thing matter is your clvl. The formula for Imbue from Charsi quest is clvl + 4 = ilvl .

Will this affect the shrinecrafted item's bonus? I never thought of this. Always thought that once you start shrinecrafting, the item automagically becomes ilvl 99.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yes, ilvl affecting the affixes you can get from the pool. So if you want item to be ilvl99 then your character must be minimum 95 when Imbuing.
krys
Rust Claw
81 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
WarzZ wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong but you mention:
Base defence when an Item is made superior with ED.

The way you have written it implies that the base defence can change on superior items. On Vanilla D2 when an item is superior roll with ED the base defence was always max roll +1 defence, then enhanced defence was applied. This makes the base defence of that particular armor irrelevent. However, having a different base item that have higher defence rolls, like Quilted Armor compared to Sacred Armor would make a difference albeit with different Str/Dex(for sorc armors) requirements.

I believe this is the same on Median?

Ignore if I have just mis-read.

It seems 1. Renewal in both 1.4.2 - MID GAME and 1.4.3 - LATE GAME should be adjusted

It could be mentions in shrine crafting part that it's better to watch Total defense then ED affix, because Base defense makes a difference there
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Fairly large amount of updates to both Rune/Shrine crafting sections.

1.1.3 - Base Item: accuracy, more info, wording
1.2.1 - Aquiring Runes: structure, more info, wording
1.2.2 - Aquiring Base Items: structure, more info, wording
1.3.2 - Lucky/Magical Bonus: more info, wording
1.4 - Preparation Strategies: structure, More info
2.2.1 - Aquiring Shrines: structure, more info, wording
2.2.2 - Aquiring Base Items: structure
2.3 - Shrine Crafting Process: structure, wording
2.3.1 - Shrine Craft: structure, wording
2.3.1 - Shrine Blessing: structure, wording
2.4 - Crafting Strategies: structure, wording
4 - Related Concepts: Temporarily(?) added for unsorted information.

krys wrote:
WarzZ wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong but you mention:
Base defence when an Item is made superior with ED.

The way you have written it implies that the base defence can change on superior items. On Vanilla D2 when an item is superior roll with ED the base defence was always max roll +1 defence, then enhanced defence was applied. This makes the base defence of that particular armor irrelevent. However, having a different base item that have higher defence rolls, like Quilted Armor compared to Sacred Armor would make a difference albeit with different Str/Dex(for sorc armors) requirements.

I believe this is the same on Median?

Ignore if I have just mis-read.

Interesting, updated guide. Here are some tests I ran which definitely support max defense with %ED, universally:
► Results