Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Runemaster or Gladiator's dominance spec? Personally for melee barb I would prefer to max spirit guide and 1pt immortal, you have enough points for that. Add in a crafted sword with high damage, or if runewords make better bases/jewels for them.
Drannosh
Imp
5 | 0
I have gladiator's dominance spec. I will follow your advices :)
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Early on it's much better to go runemaster. Once you have some signets/charms you can transition into gladiator spec, as you sacrifice too much for block.
Fovas
Destroyer
6 | 0
oops mixed up my bad...
Edited by Fovas 6 years.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Fovas wrote:Thanks for the guide aerial, it is real and could be easily followed for most ubers. Now I wanted to try a ranged barb for more relaxing farming I suppose, what's the skill I should smax? and any tips for craft or weapon choice?

Wrong thread m8

You must be referring to this guide
Drannosh
Imp
5 | 0
HohoHaha wrote:Early on it's much better to go runemaster. Once you have some signets/charms you can transition into gladiator spec, as you sacrifice too much for block.

Ok I have switched to runemaster and now I reach around 700/800k def :D, but only 5% block ^^". So the best place to farm is Kurast 3000BA in destruction? Is there another place good and easy to farm ?
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Drannosh wrote:
HohoHaha wrote:Early on it's much better to go runemaster. Once you have some signets/charms you can transition into gladiator spec, as you sacrifice too much for block.

Ok I have switched to runemaster and now I reach around 700/800k def :D, but only 5% block ^^". So the best place to farm is Kurast 3000BA in destruction? Is there another place good and easy to farm ?

K3K is just a start, try TA or Duncraig if you can. Windform gives you nice mobility so the latter won't be too much of a problem. Don't worry about block for now.
Uldyssian
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
My barb can't farm TA, Dunc, or Fautz, I'm squishy in Destruction.
I've got all the midgame armor except one ring, ammy, and i'm using Erawan (not Yaerius) with Gehenna sword. i've got 500k defense with buffs and i'm past breakpoints for fhr, dr, life steal, max res in terror and pretty close to it in Dest. I've only got 1% block. I'm lvl 120. I've got some reanimate skeleton mo's on my armor too for meatshields. help please!

Edit: I'm using Nephilim boots, items socketed with either runes for defense or life steal/ life on kill jewels. Using craft sword with balefire ctc. using angel heart ammy, runemaster.

EDIT: Good News! After experimenting and reading other comments I've managed to get 849k def with buffs. I maxed wolf companion, added points to spirit guide, didn't max daedalus, and put leftover into ancient blood to get more max skill. Still at all breakpoints with good cb, 66% dr and so on :mrgreen: ... Only problem is my listed iron spiral dmg plummeted to 674. Anything I can do to fix that? (btw using weird craft sword that rolled 189 ed with balefire ctc. soc with jah for defense and ed, cb and ed mo's.)
Edited by Uldyssian 5 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Uldyssian wrote:My barb can't farm TA, Dunc, or Fautz, I'm squishy in Destruction.
I've got all the midgame armor except one ring, ammy, and i'm using Erawan (not Yaerius) with Gehenna sword. i've got 500k defense with buffs and i'm past breakpoints for fhr, dr, life steal, max res in terror and pretty close to it in Dest. I've only got 1% block. I'm lvl 120. I've got some reanimate skeleton mo's on my armor too for meatshields. help please!

Should be using runemaster to start getting charms. Gladiator's Dominance is not worth putting points into until you get ~250 sigs and half the charms to be able to obtain max block.
Uldyssian
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Aero wrote:
Uldyssian wrote:My barb can't farm TA, Dunc, or Fautz, I'm squishy in Destruction.

Should be using runemaster to start getting charms. Gladiator's Dominance is not worth putting points into until you get ~250 sigs and half the charms to be able to obtain max block.

i'm using runemaster.