Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Uldyssian wrote:
Aero wrote:
Uldyssian wrote:My barb can't farm TA, Dunc, or Fautz, I'm squishy in Destruction.
I've got all the midgame armor except one ring, ammy, and i'm using Erawan (not Yaerius) with Gehenna sword. i've got 500k defense with buffs and i'm past breakpoints for fhr, dr, life steal, max res in terror and pretty close to it in Dest. I've only got 1% block. I'm lvl 120. I've got some reanimate skeleton mo's on my armor too for meatshields. help please!

Should be using runemaster to start getting charms. Gladiator's Dominance is not worth putting points into until you get ~250 sigs and half the charms to be able to obtain max block.

i'm using runemaster.

using bear stance? that is amost only option to go unti you get better life leech and damage.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You're using runemaster and bear stance and you only have 500k def? That's not right.
Uldyssian
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Aero wrote:You're using runemaster and bear stance and you only have 500k def? That's not right.

What do I do?
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Uldyssian wrote:
Aero wrote:You're using runemaster and bear stance and you only have 500k def? That's not right.

What do I do?

Did you use any runes in your gear? And do you re-equip your gear at the start of each game and after dying?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Uldyssian wrote:

What do I do?

If you're in the midgame gear, there's an issue with Runemaster because you use nearly all runewords. Substitute your main weapon for a crafted Kriegsmesser with 150+ ed, 100+ max damage, and a proc like balefire, bladestorm, shower of rocks, or spike nova. The extra 5 sockets for runes will be a big defense boost. 500k, however should be more than enough to pick up charms and such. Where are you struggling? If your speeds are capped and you have 500k def and bear stance giving you a lot more DR too, then you probably do zero damage.

Lightning pierce on rings/amulet will help Iron Spiral a little bit and help Stormblast for single targets immensely since its 100% conversion to lightning.
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Strange, i had with my Barb and Bear+Rune+wolfs 1.3+ Mio Def (800k+ without wolfs) and that with a lot of crafted gear.
Uldyssian
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Muilpeer wrote:
Uldyssian wrote:

What do I do?

Did you use any runes in your gear? And do you re-equip your gear at the start of each game and after dying?

I do use runes in gear, but i haven't reequipped, thank you.
Uldyssian
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Aero wrote:
Uldyssian wrote:

What do I do?

If you're in the midgame gear, there's an issue with Runemaster because you use nearly all runewords. Substitute your main weapon for a crafted Kriegsmesser with 150+ ed, 100+ max damage, and a proc like balefire, bladestorm, shower of rocks, or spike nova. The extra 5 sockets for runes will be a big defense boost. 500k, however should be more than enough to pick up charms and such. Where are you struggling? If your speeds are capped and you have 500k def and bear stance giving you a lot more DR too, then you probably do zero damage.

Lightning pierce on rings/amulet will help Iron Spiral a little bit and help Stormblast for single targets immensely since its 100% conversion to lightning.

Any good rings /w lightning pierce that are unique or just magics and rares? I'm struggling mainly in damage, but I'm also struggling in health. Iron Spiral damage listed as 610-1040
Uldyssian
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Are honorifics ever a viable option in this build?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Uldyssian wrote:Any good rings /w lightning pierce that are unique or just magics and rares? I'm struggling mainly in damage, but I'm also struggling in health. Iron Spiral damage listed as 610-1040

Stick with rares. You can get some good stuff on there like +1 skill, -10% light pierce, unseelie curse, magic find or leech. amulet is same way. you can get hymn proc (life on attack boost), 3 skill, up to 15 pierce I believe, a bunch of flat life and defense, ias, flat attributes. there's lot of stuff. but generally stick with rares, yea.

If you find a
Black Dwarf
Black Dwarf
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
20% Cast Speed
20% Hit Recovery
+(15 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(15 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(21 to 29) to Supernova
(30 to 40)% Bonus to Defense
-5 to Light Radius
, you can temporarily use that but you don't get much from it besides the skills and pierce since you already have a lot of TCD.