The Dragonair - Holy Caster Guide [1.3]

Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
You may want to change the mid-game text to say War Sceptre. The end-game text says that but the mid-game only says "Sceptre".

The only problems with the build seem to be keeping the orbs full. Mana is an issue, as you mentioned, but also life. With crafts it does not seem to have any real sustain except potions?
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Grasshopper wrote:You may want to change the mid-game text to say War Sceptre. The end-game text says that but the mid-game only says "Sceptre".

The only problems with the build seem to be keeping the orbs full. Mana is an issue, as you mentioned, but also life. With crafts it does not seem to have any real sustain except potions?

Scepter refers to all scepters. They're all usable, but a War Scepter is preferred. Of course you want nothing but the best end-game so it's specified there.

For life sustain, get some LaeK and always cast vindicate. For mana, get more energy and mana regen on you jewelry. MaeK could help, but I haven't found the need for it so far.
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Opinions on this build after the nerf?
Still a bit triggered this was hit and not melee.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Revelations wrote:Opinions on this build after the nerf?
Still a bit triggered this was hit and not melee.

Still completely viable. In theory the 20% damage nerf would simply mean a 25% increase in time required to kill the same target. And given how strong it can be end game, the change is reasonable.
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Basically, I am in dest with my pala atm and I am regretting my decision on a current build. Would you recommend this or your unholy caster currently?
I was really interested in this gameplay since last last path of diablo league I didn't get to play and was looking forward to hydra sorc
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Also I'm wanting to go for 121, no idea how the clear speed is with wyrms
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
For clear speed I'd recommend unholy caster, since it can use different oskills, apocalypse and lorenado for example are excellent aoe spells. That said, holy caster is not bad either, but frozen breath will do better vs mobs, wyrms are mostly used for bosses.
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
I think maybe rolling holy caster and just grabbing gear as I go is my best bet, since holy has all the abilities necessary for the build in the tree. Though I do like the idea of going lorenado.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Revelations wrote:I think maybe rolling holy caster and just grabbing gear as I go is my best bet, since holy has all the abilities necessary for the build in the tree. Though I do like the idea of going lorenado.

It's not difficult to switch between Apoc UHC and Holy Caster. You just have to note that UHC is superior in farming while Holy Caster excels in boss hunting. I would recommend Holy Caster for early charm gathering then a quick respec to UHC for farming sigs and gear.
enanoakd
Stone Warrior
34 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
It is possible to do the "Impossible" Uberquests with this build? I mean Uldyssian, Lazarus and The Void.

I don't have the technic skills you show in your videos but I'm really enjoying this character as my first test of Median XL. Thanks for the guide.